Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is the american release date been announced yet?
    Episode 2x08 airs on the 13th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Episode 2x08 airs on the 13th February.

12th.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    12th.
    If you're in the US you can watch it on the 12th. With the time-difference it will be the 13th here.
    Sorry, I couldn't help being a bit pedantic there......... :pac:

Somehow I can't see Shane surviving until the end of Series 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

DeepBlue wrote: »
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    12th.
    If you're in the US you can watch it on the 12th. With the time-difference it will be the 13th here.
    [COLOR="Silver"]Sorry, I couldn't help being a bit pedantic there.........[/COLOR] :pac:

Somehow I can't see Shane surviving until the end of Series 2.
    Agreed about shane but I don't think he will be fed to the zombies I think someone in camp prob rick will kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

ricero wrote: »
    Agreed about shane but I don't think he will be fed to the zombies I think someone in camp prob rick will kill him
    yeah hes a real asshole, cant see him lasting long more in the camp, maybe they might go there seperate ways soon and probably link back up in a season of two, would probably make for a better storyline,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't get the logic behind some of the writing for Shane; it feels like the writers realised they accidentally made him the voice of sense & sanity in this messed-up world, and so overcompensated in the other direction, making some of his actions borderline psychotic; just to force the audience into hating him.

Let's face it - until Rick turned up, Shane had successfully kept the entire group safe & secure. Admittedly he was having an affair with Rick's wife, but to be fair he seemed to actually care deeply about her & Carl. Rick then appeared back from the dead; he began indulging some ineffectual messiah complex, his wife become a complete shrew living in dreamland & between the two of them have led the group from one disaster to another. All the while Shane was the only one speaking sense (however harsh), got pushed away by Mrs. Grimes, and rather than create tension via the two opposing philosophies of survival between Rick & Shane, the latter was slowly written into a bit of a nutjob.

Truthfully, were it me in that group, I'd join team Shane; sure he might leave me for dead at the drop of a hat, but it's better than the moveable zombie buffet Rick has created, whilst he wrings his hands over being the honorable saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shane only went pyscho when he had something to lose/lost something rick's wife and kid, showing he couldn't really handle it all.

this sunday its back :) 2 mew characters to be introduced but i dont think there main cast just recurring

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Can't wait!!! I hope Michonne is one of the new characters. She's class in the graphic novels.

Can't wait!!! I hope Michonne is one of the new characters. She's class in the graphic novels.

2 male actors im afraid

• Advertisement

Balls. Where did you hear about the new characters?

Three interesting clips to be seen here people:

http://www.spoilersguide.com/the-walking-dead/

(Word on the web is that Michonne will be introduced in the last episode of this season.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

So when does it start again? I just checked the sky tv guide and all I can see is episode 7 being shown again on monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

So when does it start again? I just checked the sky tv guide and all I can see is episode 7 being shown again on monday night.

Friday the 17th on FX.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'll call it quits if the rest of the season doesn't grab me. It's been a chore to watch, while the last episode was good I hope it's not a case of a once off and we're back to a snails pace where nothing happens until the season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't get the logic behind some of the writing for Shane; it feels like the writers realised they accidentally made him the voice of sense & sanity in this messed-up world, and so overcompensated in the other direction, making some of his actions borderline psychotic; just to force the audience into hating him.

Let's face it - until Rick turned up, Shane had successfully kept the entire group safe & secure. Admittedly he was having an affair with Rick's wife, but to be fair he seemed to actually care deeply about her & Carl. Rick then appeared back from the dead; he began indulging some ineffectual messiah complex, his wife become a complete shrew living in dreamland & between the two of them have led the group from one disaster to another. All the while Shane was the only one speaking sense (however harsh), got pushed away by Mrs. Grimes, and rather than create tension via the two opposing philosophies of survival between Rick & Shane, the latter was slowly written into a bit of a nutjob.

Truthfully, were it me in that group, I'd join team Shane; sure he might leave me for dead at the drop of a hat, but it's better than the moveable zombie buffet Rick has created, whilst he wrings his hands over being the honorable saviour.

I think that makes perfect sense tbh. If I was him, then seeing Rick return and automatically becoming the unelected leader of the group, while also taking back his wife. Shane had acted sensibly, kept the group safe, treated the wife well and managed to forge some kind of life for himself in this post-apocalyptic world (sure, from the little we know about his life before the outbreak, it could have been a better life than he had before).

To lose all of this, all because of his best friend no less, while he's supposed to sit back and take it in silence would drive any man insane.

There are a lot of plot-holes that people speak about here that I agree with...but Shane has been written to perfection.

Add to this the fact that he is right most, if not all, of the time and now appears to have stopped bowing to Rick's authority and snapped and I can't wait to see what happens.

Oh, one more thing, does anyone care to make any predictions NOW before the episode airs? Because if you call it predictable on Monday or Tuesday, and don't predict it beforehand, then I'm calling you out. Obviously it can't be just what happens in the comics and probably best to use spoiler tags in case you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

leggo wrote: »
    There are a lot of plot-holes that people speak about here that I agree with...but Shane has been written to perfection.

The same Shane that angrily drank whiskey in the shower? Granted, they have expanded him a bit this season, but I can't see him lasting past the finale. I don't think they developed what Shane and Lori had enough to justify his actions. Look at Homeland, they had a similar love triangle and all though the enviornment was different they built that tension into large confrontation whereas TWD seems to just put Shane in a limbo díckheadedness.

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    The same Shane that angrily drank whiskey in the shower? Granted, they have expanded him a bit this season, but I can't see him lasting past the finale. I don't think they developed what Shane and Lori had enough to justify his actions. Look at Homeland, they had a similar love triangle and all though the enviornment was different they built that tension into large confrontation whereas TWD seems to just put Shane in a limbo díckheadedness.

Well it's tough to justify attempted rape. :p

The way I saw it was that Shane was a real wildcard, **** with him at your peril. He'd done the right, honourable thing in stepping aside so Rick can rejoin his family, but that scene was to remind us that he hasn't actually taken it lying down and is capable of anything. Now you feel uneasy while he's on screen, whereas beforehand he was almost a hero. Now he's the guy who SHOULD be the hero, because he's the only one thinking sensibly, but he's also a lunatic.

Haven't seen Homeland so can't compare tbh.

leggo wrote: »
    Well it's tough to justify attempted rape. :p

The way I saw it was that Shane was a real wildcard, **** with him at your peril. He'd done the right, honourable thing in stepping aside so Rick can rejoin his family, but that scene was to remind us that he hasn't actually taken it lying down and is capable of anything. Now you feel uneasy while he's on screen, whereas beforehand he was almost a hero. Now he's the guy who SHOULD be the hero, because he's the only one thinking sensibly, but he's also a lunatic.

Haven't seen Homeland so can't compare tbh.

I've heard the back half of the season is more Rick v Shane so hopefully his wildcardyness(maybe by cutting the breaks to a van transporting petrol while wearing a cowboy hat) brings up some good conflicts. He wouldn't be my first to go, even though it would be a cliche to kill off T-dog, I mean the fact he's still called that may be an indicator that these cliches will exist. If he goes we may get
    Tyreese
    tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

We're Back :)

So, I take it everyone here has already watched episode 8? If not, don't read my next entry.

Well those two new characters were quite interesting. A good reminder that it's not just Walkers that survivers have to worry about. Who knows what or who that big Zombie bonfire will attract to the farm?

Women drivers. :pac:

I do hope that now that the finding Sophia plot is over with, the series will show how much danger there is in a Zombie Apocolpyse world. It was getting to safe and easy in the farm. It's livening up now mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It was useless up until the last few minutes,they just take too long to get the story moving in my opinion.

I am glad they have entered the area of threats from other people rather than just walkers. Its actually far more interesting, survival of fittest, do you lose your humanity in order to survive etc. If those lads do have other people at a camp somewhere, it could set something up where they will now come under attack from those people.

how bad ass is rick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

rick really showing off the same tendancies he has in the comic awesome ending!

Bit of a weird way to kill off the baby, but probably easier than the alternative route. Lori's reasoning for going to get Rick seemed sort of pointless though, Glenn's been into town plenty by now. Glad they've seen some human threats though, not just to normalise Shane a bit but just to show more reasons why they need a strong settlement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Lori's reasoning for going to get Rick seemed sort of pointless though,

Yes, stupid.

Loved the episode though.

Advertisement