Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Carter (of Mars)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

I liked the film, you could switch off when watching it at the very least which is always good when hungover. I'd be very surprised if there was a sequel.

Still, was tough to get my head around Tim Riggins saving the world :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That they are and while the the release is region free a number of people have had problems with the discs over here.

Fingers crossed then that 1 of my 3 BD players will play it:confused:

Fingers crossed then that 1 of my 3 BD players will play it:confused:

I found the best thing to do is buy a cheap US player so there's never any issue with American discs. My John Carter worked fine in my Irish player but it did skip in the PS3.

Watched this last night and it was a mess of a movie. Far too much happening with shag all explanation, ended up turning it off because I just didn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Watched this last night and it was a mess of a movie. Far too much happening with shag all explanation, ended up turning it off because I just didn't care.

I thought that it explained itself fairly well tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought that it explained itself fairly well tbh.

There was zero ambiguity in it, pretty straight forward story.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Picked it up on the old Bluray last week. Looking forward to watching it again when I have an evening free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There was zero ambiguity in it, pretty straight forward story.

I thought the Bad Guy actually did a bit too much monologue-ing to explain what was going on at a couple of places.

Not as annoying as the constant exposition to Dr. Who's companion-girl in Inception, but still a bit much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw this twice in the theatre, and have watched it again since at home.
    It was a great, fun movie, deserved a lot more positive attention than it got.
    A lot of very negative comments seemed to gather pace ahead of the movies release, from people who had not seen much more than the trailer.
    This seemed to particularly endemic on the US movie sites, both niche and mainstream, lots of hatin' from people who had not seen it, or read the source material.
    Listening to the media reviews here, on radio, I heard hacks just trotting out cliches themselves, showing, principally, that they had not paid much attention or felt that science fiction wasn't worth their valuable time.
    Some of the derogatory commentary was ridiculous, from people who habitually scoff at the genre.

So, John Carter, went the same way as Tintin in the US, sunk by haters who scorned the film without seeing it.

Compare the movie to the other blockbusters that spawned multiple sequels, rubbish like Transformers, John Carter is a far better movie, hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Compare the movie to the other blockbusters that spawned multiple sequels, rubbish like Transformers, John Carter is a far better movie, hands down.

Agreed. Transformers was complete crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone have any new information about the 2nd movie?
    I know it's early days, but an IRC post zoomed past me saying something tonight.

I heard in October Disney lost the rights and Edgar Rice Burroughs inc. want to make more, then in November I heard Warner Bros were looking at it.
    I didn't expect to see anything more so soon.
    Anyway, has anybody heard any more factual stuff about a new movie?

Advertisement