Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and putt!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I used to be decent enough at P&P. Would usually go around the place in 3's and 4's with the odd 2 thrown in.

Then I tried 18 holes in Williamstown. Let's just say there were a few drivers on the outer ring road that were never the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

deise_boi wrote: »
    There's a very nice course in Tramore if you head out towards Rockett's pub, out near the Metal Man. The holes are not as long as some other courses but it's very well maintained and enjoyable, 5e to play.

The one in Kilbarry is quite good, longer holes than the Tramore course but still a good place to play! And if i recall correctly, it's the only one left in the city nowadays. Unless Otterans is still open? You pay at reception in the RSC and it's 4e to play anyway! :)

Thanks for this. I'm staying at a friends house for the Tra Fest this weekend. Will try and get them into having a game of Pitch and Putt, or at the least hit a basket of balls at the Driving Range there.

That's if the rain holds off, of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    I actually think the Golf idea is great but speaking for myself I've never used any club bigger than a pitching wedge. I'd love to graduate to golf but I'd need to relearn how to hit the ball 20 yards first :).

Tramore is a very nice course too. Very well maintained. The holes are very simple (certainly not as difficult as I remember the RSC to be) but the countless number of balls I lost to the cornfields to the left and right of many of the holes serve as ample warning not to try anything fancy!

I'm almost the exact same. I had a brief foray into golf about 12 years ago and haven't even swung a club in I don't know how long so Tramore sounds like an ideal start.

Not sure whether everyone would prefer a weekend or a weekday evening. I'm ok with either so long as I'm not working evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

deise_boi wrote: »
    No when they lost the original 7th (due to the new stand) they laid out a new one, it's quite short and the green really isn't set. However in the last couple of weeks they've redesignated the hole numbers. The old no.8 (the one nearest the RSC where you're hitting over water from the tee) is now the first, the old 9th is now the 2nd and so on and you finish on the crappy hole I spoke about above!

Sounds like they took the good shots out of it :mad:

Cracking little course out in Mooncoin in behind Carrigeen GAA pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Can anyone tell me what the current options are around Waterford for P and P?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Can anyone tell me what the current options are around Waterford for P and P?

Kilbarry is still open anyway often see people in there when walking in the nature park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

and tramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Ashgrove out behind carrigeens hurling pitch is still going. Nice little course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

debok wrote: »
    Ashgrove out behind carrigeens hurling pitch is still going. Nice little course.

Really well maintained too. It's a top notch facility.

Happens to be around the corner from me (countryside around the corner) so I can't complain :)

Advertisement