Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blanchardstown yorkies not pure bred?

Options
  • 14-07-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

is there anybody out there who bought a minature yorkie in the blanchardstown area last xmas 2010 by any chance??... trying to get in touch with anyone who bought one as i did & have been informed by a couple of professionals that its a x breed there was about 5 pups in that litter so i would be interested in hearing from anyone else who may have bought from the same seller..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Did you get papers?

There is no such thing as a miniature yorkie, so I'm afraid that should tell you all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

no got no papers...vet, dog groomer & other yorkie owners reckon mine is crossed with a jack russell... she's lovely pet but i paid 270e for her as a full bred yorkie..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

zookey wrote: »
    she's lovely pet but i paid 270e for her as a full bred yorkie..
    Are you having health problems with her Zookey? Have you tried ringing your "breeder" and asking for contact numbers of fellow owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No such thing as a miniature Yorkie, so that in itself would have alarm bells ringing for me when you went to see the pups.

Plus the fact that you got no papers with the pup either, why would you buy a pedigree without the papers? What was the breeders excuse for not having the pups registered?
    Would that not have made you think twice when buying the dog?

Sorry, but im afraid its a case of buyer beware and not doing enough researc before buying this pup.
    Have you tried ringing the breeder about it?

I can probably guess that this pup was bought from on online site like Donedeal, Gumtree etc.

no got no papers...vet, dog groomer & other yorkie owners reckon mine is crossed with a jack russell... she's lovely pet but i paid 270e for her as a full bred yorkie..

You wouldnt get a full pedigree Yorkshire Terrier for €270. Unless you got pedigree papers with her, theres no way you can tell what the breeding is of your dog, and even with papers its not always guaranteed as some can be fake or not papers of the parents of the pups.

This is why its so important to research your breeder before buying a pup to make sure you are going to a reputable breeder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Why does it matter? Do you love her less now that you think she's not purebred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Par72 wrote: »
    Why does it matter? Do you love her less now that you think she's not purebred?

Probably not, but I'd say he feels like he was "ripped off"

andreac wrote: »
    No such thing as a miniature Yorkie

yes there is , it was made by Nestle .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

January wrote: »
    Probably not, but I'd say he feels like he was "ripped off"

With all sympathy to the OP if they didn't want to be ripped off then they should have done what most people who are about to make a purchase does to avoid being ripped off. Research.

Even the tinest bit of research would have shown that dogs being sold without papers is never ever a good thing and that there is no such thing as a mini yorkie. I mean one google search.

It's a pity because this is the type of thing which fuels the puppy market in this country :(

yes there is , it was made by Nestle .

Ah, cos we're girls, we wouldn't know that:D

Sorry, OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

OP, did u not go to the house to see mum and babies. if so can u not call around? Or did u pick pup up somewhere, petrol station, etc. if so doubt there is much you can do know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Even the price itself rings alarm bells. A pure bred Yorkie would cost considerably more unless of course its from backyard breeders who are only out to make money.

Often these "breeders" don't register litters so they can keep breeding litter after litter from the mother or can continue to use old bitches to produce puppies.

exactly!

exactly!

Sorry, exactly what?:confused:

the seller arranged to meet at a car park to see the pup she brought it along with the mother & father i paid deposit and the pup was collected at a later date at same car park as arranged by seller.. the bottome line is i trusted her & seems i have been ripped off for 270e for a x breed dog!...

the seller arranged to meet at a car park to see the pup she brought it along with the mother & father i paid deposit and the pup was collected at a later date at same car park as arranged by seller.. the bottome line is i trusted her & seems i have been ripped off for 270e for a x breed dog!...

OK, you didn't think there was anything wrong with meeting someone in a car park to buy a dog? How old was the pup when you first met it in the car park?

Can I ask why you didn't go to the seller's house to see the pup?

good idea anniehoo i just might do that ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's kind of your own fault that you were "ripped off"... do your research if you plan on buying any more dogs in future... some people would just do anything for a dog and not think that the pups mother could be being abused (puppy farm)... ALWAYS visit the persons home and check out the conditions before buying a dog...

Whos idea to meet in carpark i wonder. The sellers by any chance?

i was under the impression i was going to the house to see the litter with parents as seller asked me to meet at car park i thought she was gonna lead me to house in her car but she appeared on foot with the pup wrapped in blanket and both parents on leads with daughter..the pup was 2, 3 weeks old then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

i was under the impression i was going to the house to see the litter with parents as seller asked me to meet at car park i thought she was gonna lead me to house in her car but she appeared on foot with the pup wrapped in blanket and both parents on leads with daughter..the pup was 2, 3 weeks old then..

You bought a 2/3 week old pup????? :eek:
    Were it's eyes even open? Are you sure it was that young???

Oh jesus:rolleyes: and then people wonder if they have been ripped off?? I really do wonder....:mad:

There is so much information out there available about buying puppies so i just cant understand how people can be so foolish and do something like this, then wonder if they have been ripped off...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think the OP saw the pup first the picked it up at a later date.
    i paid deposit and the pup was collected at a later date at same car park as arranged by seller..

I'm sorry OP, but the more I read the more angry I get. Did you not think there was something very, very wrong with pups that young being taken out into the world. They could have contracted any number of diseases and died. This also would have been in the winter, the pup must have been freezing. Did you not ask why you couldn't go to the house?

Why oh why did you buy a pup this way? With all of this happening and you still went back and bought the pup from them. How do you know that it was the same pup that you bought that you saw originally? You never actually saw the pups with the mother, what you saw was a pup in a blanket and two dogs on leads. Did the bitch even look like she was feeding a litter?

You meet someone in a car park with a new born pup wrapped in a blanket. You then go back a few weeks later to give them the money for the pup, meeting in the car park again. You think you're buying a breed that doesn't exist. Now you are wondering if you have been 'ripped off' and the pup isn't a pedigree. Bluntly, no you haven't been ripped off - you have been a fool. All the signs were there that this wasn't right, but you ignored them, probably because all you were thinking about was the price. Anyone who buys a dog in this circumstances is helping to fuel puppy farming and breeding dogs having long lives of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

is there anybody out there who bought a minature yorkie in the blanchardstown area last xmas 2010 by any chance??... trying to get in touch with anyone who bought one as i did & have been informed by a couple of professionals that its a x breed there was about 5 pups in that litter so i would be interested in hearing from anyone else who may have bought from the same seller..

Hey OP

The dog is a mongrel.
    You were ripped off.
    All of the things you describe are standard BYB / puppy farm scams.
    You have no comeback and there's nothing you can do about it.

Learn your lesson, tell everybody you know who admires your dog that you got sucked in so they don't make the same mistake.

And don't do it again.

That's it really - I could berate you but honestly there's not much point - anything I could say is really just a long-hand version of the above.

I hope you enjoy your dog anyway - she could hopefully last 10-15 years.

i saw the pup at 2/3 weeks old.. collected it at 8 weeks old

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The fact that they brought a 2-3 week old pup out in public is, in itself, gobsmacking.
    I've heard of puppy-farmers doing some pretty outrageous stuff to secure a sale, but this is a new one on me. At this age the pup is still blind and deaf!
    Your story of how you got your pup is a litany of one mistake after another, and you've given a gangster your money which has gone towards funding the misery of your pup's parents.
    It's not as if there isn't loads and loads of advice online which list all the things you did as how not to select a pup! It's hard to have any sympathy for you: my sympathies lie entirely with your pup's parents and any other dogs your "breeder" is using for mass-production of pups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else want to give the OP a hard time? They made a mistake,they realise it now I'm sure. Is it really necessary for every poster to come on and point out what they did wrong? I'm sure it was obvious after the 3rd person said it

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

op it looks like a backyard breeder. you made a mistake we all make mistakes and im sure you will learn from the experience.there is a very good sticky at the top of this forum about puppy farming and backyard breeders. have a good read of it incase anyone you know is thinking of buying a pup so you can tell them the do s and donts of buying a dog.sometimes we leed with our hearts and not with our head;)
    hope u and your pup have a great time together and remember always do your homework. the best tip i can give you is "if it looks dodgy is usually is"

• Advertisement

op ur not the only one to make this mistake, a few yrs ago a neighbour decided to get her hubby a white boxer as this was what his fav dog was. She saved for a good few weeks untill she seen a add ion the internet. Now she actually went to the house, but your man said they were his brothers who he was selling them for. Now he produced this lovely fat white puppy, she did question that the body shape seemed wrong, she had never a boxer before, he just said as it was only 1 of a litter of 2, he said mammy had fed them more than usual. Anyways she handed over €250 came away with pup, no vax or anything.
    anyways 4 yrs later she has a beautiful white maybe boxer cross. This dog is no way pb doubt if there is even boxer in him. She learnt by her mistake but as she says she would not part with him now and it was her own stupid fault as some thing was telling her it wasnt a boxer but she belived him.

Advertisement