Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I wouldn't want my child looking at Kathryn Thomas, for a start. But if your kids are malleable enough to copy words off the tv (after hearing them only once), you need to cop them on a bit. Throwaway comment, get over it.
    amdublin wrote: »
    You're a Douche.

Disclaimer. I'd never ever ever call someone on Boards this word. But this poster has been very explicit that they have no problem with this word

Obviously you are just saying this as a "throwaway comment" so I'm sure NervousWreck will "get over it" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Fauve gone home! Disgrace. Best singer tonight.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Loving the way Kathryn Thomas is getting dogs abuse and Bressie is being treated like the second coming of Elvis :D

Shes not top notch, but Kathryn is doing alright in fairness.

Bressie is a spoofer, hes on the show for his looks alone, no way the lead singer of a mediocre band like the Blizzards gets on a show like this without looking like that :D His music is also mediocre, and his market is predominantly women who don't even like music, they like him :D he'll make a fortune out of it and fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Kellie Blaise - Real name "Linda Kelly"

Why would choose Blaise??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,320 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Loving the way Kathryn Thomas is getting dogs abuse and Bressie is being treated like the second coming of Elvis :D

Bressie is a spoofer, hes on the show for his looks alone, no way the lead singer of a mediocre band like the Blizzards gets on a show like this without looking like that :D His music is also mediocre, and his market is predominantly women who don't even like music, they like him :D he'll make a fortune out of it and fair play to him.

In fairness most women can't get beyond Bressie's looks so he's untouchable in their eyes.

His music is almost as bad as Westlife's to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Still chuckling to myself at yer man holding the guitar and singing Arcade Fire. Funniest thing I've seen so far this year. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

In fairness most women can't get beyond Bressie's looks so he's untouchable in their eyes.

His music is almost as bad as Westlife's to be honest.
    I liked the Blizzards before i ever knew what he looked like. I think Westlife are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

You're a Douche.

Disclaimer. I'd never ever ever call someone on Boards this word. But this poster has been very explicit that they have no problem with this word

I take it that means you have no reasoned argument to the contrary of any of my points so. Victory is mine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I know I'm late to the party, but I want to take a scissors to that guys Elliot's fringe! :O:O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No keep on the subject! Think of the children.

In fairness she possible just got mixed up with the french word for shower. Pardon her french!!! <<<< I should have stuck to my original edit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Just caught up on the show. Better than last week anyway.

As for Eoghan, he's an absolute knobhead and needs to be sacked. His jokes are awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You're a Douche.

[SIZE="1"]
    Disclaimer. I'd never ever ever call someone on Boards this word. But this poster has been very explicit that they have no problem with this word[/SIZE].

I take it that means you have no reasoned argument to the contrary of any of my points so. Victory is mine. :)

WOW :rolleyes:

You've hit the magic formula of debating on an internet forum. If you really believe it, and you write it down then it becomes true :rolleyes:

Oh well done you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Well Kathryn's douche comment and the Bressie is gay signs are being discussed on todayfm at the moment.

deisemum wrote: »
    Well Kathryn's douche comment and the Bressie is gay signs are being discussed on todayfm at the moment.

And what was the general consensus about the comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

And what was the general consensus about the comments?

People not happy with the comments, someone sent in a text that at the start of the show someone, could have been Kian Egan who said Kathryn was pregnant with Bressie's baby.

Seems like there is a lot of misjudged comments being made by the presenters and judges. They need to take more care due to it being a live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

kids.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1259802455738

Newaglish wrote: »
    kids.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1259802455738

It's not just about the children!

Personally I found some of what was said offensive and inappropriate.

I don't use certain words in the context that they were used last night in my day to day life and I didn't think I would be subjected to them when I turned on a family show in the evening.

It's not just about the children!

Personally I found some of what was said offensive and inappropriate.

I don't use certain words in the context that they were used last night in my day to day life and I didn't think I would be subjected to them when I turned on a family show in the evening.

Then it is your right to complain to RTÉ, complaints@rte.ie fill out this form and send it in http://www.rte.ie/about/RTE_Complaints_Form_2010.doc

If you are not happy with the response then you have the right to take the complaint to the BAI. http://www.bai.ie/?page_id=115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Kim getting through was a joke. Kian can be a bit unnecessarily harsh sometimes but in fairness his comments regarding her performance were pretty spot on. She was just just completely subpar relative to the established quality. Thought Kyle didn't deserve to go but in fairness he's not going to have much public support the way most other contestants would even on the basis of their location. Like Kevin - 27 grandchildren in the family, can you imagine the web of votes a family of that size could create! But it's still rather miserable that you can be voted off ahead of another contestant whose performance was the worst of the night by a considerable margin, and whose previous efforts right back to auditions were also very poor - the look on Brian Kennedys face listening to Kims audition is priceless. Not to mention I thought Kyle put on a fantastic show, and I would have put it ahead of a lot of the others.

Thought Bressies performance was pretty good, and I do find the Blizzards pretty good also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

WOW :rolleyes:

You've hit the magic formula of debating on an internet forum. If you really believe it, and you write it down then it becomes true :rolleyes:

Oh well done you

You became unable to counter my points two posts ago and resorted to pettiness then. And now sarcasm. Why bother at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just quit it, lads... back on topic, please.

Still don't understand the voting system one bit, the person who performs first gets over 2 hours of voting time while the last to perform gets just over 40 minutes.. Am I missing something?

Can anyone shed some light please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Still don't understand the voting system one bit, the person who performs first gets over 2 hours of voting time while the last to perform gets just over 40 minutes.. Am I missing something?

Phone lines are open for all contestants right from the start so all get 2 hours.

That is why I have suggested new and improved fail save fairness rules.

Phone lines are open for all contestants right from the start so all get 2 hours.

So do they all have the same numbers every week? Because they don't give out the numbers at the start of the show as far as I'm aware..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

So do they all have the same numbers every week? Because they don't give out the numbers at the start of the show as far as I'm aware..?

They said vote lines were open for all contestants and numbers were on the website. Would be fairer to show them once at the start of show too IMO.

They said vote lines were open for all contestants and numbers were on the website. Would be fairer to show them once at the start of show too IMO.

In reality the number for each singer comes up for the same amount of time during the show, so the first person could be in a similar situation as the last person IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Elmo wrote: »
    In reality the number for each singer comes up for the same amount of time during the show, so the first person could be in a similar situation as the last person IMO.

Yeah but say for example person A is on first. Her number is on the screen. If I want to vote for person A, I can do so for the rest of the show until the lines close. Person B is on at the end of the show, so I don't get to see their number until the end. I can only vote for the until the lines close but Person A has been getting votes for the past hour.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah but say for example person A is on first. Her number is on the screen. If I want to vote for person A, I can do so for the rest of the show until the lines close. Person B is on at the end of the show, so I don't get to see their number until the end. I can only vote for the until the lines close but Person A has been getting votes for the past hour.

Firstly I think Person B should go on after Person A :D

On the other hand. It depends on who sees what. When is there a peak in audience for the show? If that comes half way though the show most of the audience see Person C and their number, with no reference to anyone else numbers being available online and on Aertel, seems very unfair to not just Person B but also person A and person D, E and F whom performed before person C.

The alphabet is so much fun :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement