Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »
    How did Kian perform? Was he able to sing, or did he at least sound decent?

BTW, he needs a style makeover big time. The clothes, and that 'hair' need addressing.

He wasnt too bad stick to playing guitar hero for him I think :p

He wants to be a rock star but isnt

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Isn't the problem with shows like these in Ireland is that it's all so provincial? The people with the most talent don't win, it's the people with the best organised voting campaign in their town that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Isn't the problem with shows like these in Ireland is that it's all so provincial? The people with the most talent don't win, it's the people with the best organised voting campaign in their town that do.

isnt that the problem with shows like that everywhere, i dont think its just an irish thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

our priest told us all to vote for Pat otherwise he'll burn down the church

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

kitty9 wrote: »
    our priest told us all to vote for Pat otherwise he'll burn down the church

Yeah a number of church fires were reported in Co. Waterford and Co. Tyrone. dissident priests are believe to be involved.

parochialism at its strongest!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

Azhrei wrote: »
    So you're an idiot and an asshole. Got it.

I was hoping for Richie to win, but there was no way he would with all the teenage girls voting for Pat. While he is very good, I would have put Conor before him. I didn't like him when I first saw him at the blind auditions, gurning in a really weird way. But then I took Bressie's advice and listened to him with my eyes closed and I was entranced, his voice is really unique and musically seductive. His performance of Everlong was amazing.

But again, the teenage girls came out in numbers.

Yeah. Teenage girls are such experts on music aren't they?

jluv wrote: »
    Spud headed culchie..Still not seeing it..

6139439233_aff550b127.jpg

Pat Byrne.

patbyrne_1047577t.jpg

Spud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

snafuk35 wrote: »
    6139439233_aff550b127.jpg

Pat Byrne.

patbyrne_1047577t.jpg

Spud
    A tad bit envious are you..:D

Did Pat get to No. 1 in the Irish charts?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Pat get to No. 1 in the Irish charts?

No. 3

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

am i the only one who didnt see any of the so called show.?

cats.life wrote: »
    am i the only one who didnt see any of the so called show.?

Well possibly on this thread. But in the wider world yeah maybe. Perhaps if you set up a thread entitled

I haven't Seen The Voice The So Called Show, am I the only one

Then you might find others like you.

However it is a bit pointless posting such a question here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Absolute joke!

Pat Byrne the voice of ireland! me bollox.

If he didn't have that silly 'who's your sexy pat' song/t-shirt/dance, he wouldn't have won.

There are alot of pats out there but not many Vanessas :rolleyes:

jluv wrote: »
    A tad bit envious are you..:D

A talentless gobdaw who can't sing wins a song contest and makes loads of money out of gullible musically ignorant gobdaws? Yeah I'm f*cking envious!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

'The Facebook Likes Challenge of Ireland'

:P

'The Facebook Likes Challenge of Ireland'

:P

Not a huge fan of these shows, but there is a lot of pent up begrugery out there.

I don't like using the B word, since often it is used out of place.
    A talentless gobdaw who can't sing wins a song contest and makes loads of money out of gullible musically ignorant gobdaws? Yeah I'm f*cking envious!

You are describing most of these talent shows. Can you not wish the winner well, regardless of if you think they are talentless. Your comments are just a diatribe against a person you probably don't know and if you do know him then it just a diatribe against someone you don't like personally.

It's a nice song, and it isn't sung badly, I amn't rushing out to buy it, but it really isn't as badly sung as you are making out. Gravelly voices are generally not necessary unless your an original

EMTFlynn wrote: »
    Absolute joke!

Pat Byrne the voice of ireland! me bollox.

If he didn't have that silly 'who's your sexy pat' song/t-shirt/dance, he wouldn't have won.

There are alot of pats out there but not many Vanessas :rolleyes:

Yes Vanessa has the voice but it is an opera voice she dont have mass appeal where Pat has and also Vanessa seem dull as dishwater at least Richie and Pat showed a bit of personality and were likeable imo whereas Jim and Vanessa were quite forgettable if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Vanessa has the voice but it is an opera voice

She had a different voice to the other pop contestants is all. I know several people who are doing classical singing professionally a loooooong time, and they hated her. She had reallllly bad technical abilities.
    They just didn't know what to do with her as none of the judges have any classical background really.

I wish all of them the best, i hope the exposure does great things for them :)

Elmo wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of these shows, but there is a lot of pent up begrugery out there.

I don't like using the B word, since often it is used out of place.

You are describing most of these talent shows. Can you not wish the winner well, regardless of if you think they are talentless. Your comments are just a diatribe against a person you probably don't know and if you do know him then it just a diatribe against someone you don't like personally.

It's a nice song, and it isn't sung badly, I amn't rushing out to buy it, but it really isn't as badly sung as you are making out. Gravelly voices are generally not necessary unless your an original

I have high cultural standards.
    I like all genres but I like the cream of the crop rather than meriocre dross especially what it is derivative and unoriginal.
    Pat Byrne is less than mediocre.
    A guy like that gets a record contract?
    There's no justice in the world

• Advertisement

I have high cultural standards.

Well your not going to get them on a TV talent show. :rolleyes:

Well then don't watch these types of shows, they will just cause you mental anguish. There is plenty of mediocrity in the music world.

People forget that before anything about musical standards or artistry, its a family entertainment TV SHOW done to make money

I don't think the mode of transport to a career matters, its what the person does for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Kian and Jim were sore losers after coming up in preparation for the final IMO. It would be more easier for people in the North to enter the UK version to have their single on iTunes there. For Jim's download not to have gone through is deeply regrettable on RTE's part not to address it.

One does ask though about the iTunes downloads; How do RTE make up a contract with iTunes Ireland to put the singles and then get some money off them? As Pat having a recording contract now under his belt; he should be able to make some money out of all the downloads he amassed in the days leading up to the final.

Also; Would the BBC do something similar in the future at some point after they have their final? It seems unlikely to do that IMO as the voting numbers will be much higher over there in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kian and Jim were sore losers after coming up in preparation for the final IMO. It would be more easier for people in the North to enter the UK version to have their single on iTunes there. For Jim's download not to have gone through is deeply regrettable on RTE's part not to address it.

One does ask though about the iTunes downloads; How do RTE make up a contract with iTunes Ireland to put the singles and then get some money off them? As Pat having a recording contract now under his belt; he should be able to make some money out of all the downloads he amassed in the days leading up to the final.

Also; Would the BBC do something similar in the future at some point after they have their final? It seems unlikely to do that IMO as the voting numbers will be much higher over there in the UK.

Maybe they came off that way in the lead up but I actually felt they were very graceful in defeat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think when he said 'sore losers' he means they did not have it fair and I agree, I liked Jim.
    Anyone else think that Pat came across as a moron othe Late Late? I like him and all but he just acted like a fool. Richie was much more articulate. I mean you need to put on a kind of act on these shows, you do not go on about shifting and teenage drivel.
    Then watching Terry Prattchet who had such an extensive vocabulary. Pat did say he was in Maynooth so he is educated. Acting the gom on national tv is not agreeable in my view.

I think when he said 'sore losers' he means they did not have it fair and I agree, I liked Jim.
    Anyone else think that Pat came across as a moron othe Late Late? I like him and all but he just acted like a fool. Richie was much more articulate. I mean you need to put on a kind of act on these shows, you do not go on about shifting and teenage drivel.
    Then watching Terry Prattchet who had such an extensive vocabulary. Pat did say he was in Maynooth so he is educated. Acting the gom on national tv is not agreeable in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Does anyone who wins these shows go on to have any real success? There have been various shows over the years and the winners have all but disappeared. Lucinda Evans won one of them a few years ago and got nowhere despite having a great voice, 10 times more talent than the guy who won this show IMO.

To be fair I agree with thw sentiment of the question. It seems these tv shows ate generated without the ideal of the individual being acknowledged. The winner flies hifh on a three second wave of achievement and then the general persona of reality tv kicks in and sees them adrift and barren.
    Tis a stramge old rock n roll world.

Lucinda Evans has been knocking about since You're a Star every now and then you hear about her on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Elmo wrote: »
    Lucinda Evans has been knocking about since You're a Star every now and then you hear about her on the radio.

Yeah she had an ad on the Galway Advertiser giving singing lessons. Hardly the success she hoped for. The point I am making is that very few of the people who win Irish talant shows have real success compared with Britain. And even over there has anyone heard of Little Mix since they won X Factor?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement