Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

When I lived in the North I used UK itunes and I remember trying to download a republic of loose song but it wasn't in the store. I don't know how RTE would get the songs into the UK store, it probably wouldn't be worth it.
    Still unfair to Jim but to be honest, I would imagine he'd come fourth whatever the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    Did they actually end that reply with an x
    ???

Ha, they did actually.
    Rebecca F
    None of the iTune singles are available to download outside the republic of Ireland - is this right?
    Like · · 5 hours ago
    Angela S likes this.
    The Voice of Ireland Yes, all the singles have been released on iTunes Ireland only. x
    3 hours ago · Like

RTE won't let people outside the Republic of Ireland buy the songs, so they give them a little kiss as a consolation, just to show they care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The voting system is so arseways

I really cant see many of them doin much outside the show, bar Vanessa

I wonder what the winner's album will be like in terms of songwritin...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Skid wrote: »
    Ha, they did actually.

RTE won't let people outside the Republic of Ireland buy the songs, so they give them a little kiss as a consolation, just to show they care :D

Why not explain, I hate when people don't explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,048 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »
    When I lived in the North I used UK itunes and I remember trying to download a republic of loose song but it wasn't in the store. I don't know how RTE would get the songs into the UK store, it probably wouldn't be worth it.
    Still unfair to Jim but to be honest, I would imagine he'd come fourth whatever the system.

Jim has a fairly popular well known song

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As of the time I post this there has been a few changes. Vanessa has slipped slowly today and as now 12th. Richie has also dropped, to 9th. Pat is remaining firm in 1st.

justbored; I cant see it looking good for anyone but Pat. They would need to have a huge amount of text/phone votes on Sunday to pull beyond Pat and for Vanessa she is a fair bit behind Richie also.

While I think a large number of text/phone votes will be had on Sunday - its going to be double for Pat as people who bought his song will vote again. So he starts the show with a big number of votes which will climb even higher. So Vanessa, Richie and Jim would need to be very close to Pat downloads votes to overtake him based on text/phone votes. Plus, for Vanessa, she would need to do much better in text/phone votes than Richie to overtake him alone and then hammer past Pat. That's a lot of catching up which I cant see happening in the space of a few hours.

People who bought songs on iTunes, will vote again by text. So Pats vote will be even stronger when you count his downloads along with his votes on Sunday - that's an awful lot of votes to catch up on. Richie remains a threat to Pat, but if he keeps slipping, Pat has it in the bag id say.

I'm surprised so many are buying Pats song to make him be no.1 so quick and so steady. But either way, Richie and Vanessa should be fine after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sully wrote: »
    As of the time I post this there has been a few changes. Vanessa has slipped slowly today and as now 12th. Richie has also dropped, to 9th. Pat is remaining firm in 1st.

justbored; I cant see it looking good for anyone but Pat. They would need to have a huge amount of text/phone votes on Sunday to pull beyond Pat and for Vanessa she is a fair bit behind Richie also.

While I think a large number of text/phone votes will be had on Sunday - its going to be double for Pat as people who bought his song will vote again. So he starts the show with a big number of votes which will climb even higher. So Vanessa, Richie and Jim would need to be very close to Pat downloads votes to overtake him based on text/phone votes. Plus, for Vanessa, she would need to do much better in text/phone votes than Richie to overtake him alone and then hammer past Pat. That's a lot of catching up which I cant see happening in the space of a few hours.

People who bought songs on iTunes, will vote again by text. So Pats vote will be even stronger when you count his downloads along with his votes on Sunday - that's an awful lot of votes to catch up on. Richie remains a threat to Pat, but if he keeps slipping, Pat has it in the bag id say.

I'm surprised so many are buying Pats song to make him be no.1 so quick and so steady. But either way, Richie and Vanessa should be fine after the show.

He used to be a part of the SU in Maynooth so he'd have great support there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pat dropped to 2nd today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

have to say its a high standard for the final even a few that got knocked out in recent weeks, particularly that girl sharon on kians team. glad its not the usual lame tacky events shown on rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Bressie has a massive following on Twitter and FB and is constantly tweeting for people to download Pat's single on iTunes. I'd say this is a huge contributing factor to Pat's votes on iTunes. Plus I heard someone say before (think it was on this thread) that Pat has a huge campaign going....no idea if this is true or not though.

Personally I preferred Conor to Pat but would be happy for Pat to win. However I hated Pats final song choice....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Bressie has a massive following on Twitter and FB and is constantly tweeting for people to download Pat's single on iTunes. I'd say this is a huge contributing factor to Pat's votes on iTunes. Plus I heard someone say before (think it was on this thread) that Pat has a huge campaign going....no idea if this is true or not though.

Whether he realised it at the time Pat made a great choice picking Bressie. He has a big following and he would definitely attract more votes than Kennedy or Sharon in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

lizt wrote: »

Cian was just on 2FM- Tutbridy talking about the Jim - Itunes problem ..
    He's resigned to coming in last ..

They tried to put his song on the UK ITunes site but The Voice UK objected ..

bob11 wrote: »

Poor Jim and Kian that is unfair :(

Is there even any need for a show this Sunday if Pat is leading he has it in bag already :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Is there even any need for a show this Sunday if Pat is leading he has it in bag already :rolleyes:

Was wondering the same. Looks like it'll be largely ceremonious.

Alexandra Burke set to perform at the final, making it even worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zeze88

bob11 wrote: »

Hi! I am new here, but I have been watching the show from the start.

Why did The Voice UK objected anyway? It is not like that would have harmed their contestants in some way... Had Itunes objected, I wouldn't be surprised, but The Voice UK? I don't get it.

Jim is maybe not the potential winner of the show, but he still deserves a fair chance like the rest of the acts. I actually do feel sad for him, it is unfair.

If they are planning to do a 2nd season, they have to work this problem out.

zeze88 wrote: »
    Why did The Voice UK objected anyway? It is not like that would have harmed their contestants in some way... Had Itunes objected, I wouldn't be surprised, but The Voice UK? I don't get it.

Especially when the UK version is no where near the end, battle rounds, followed by lots of live shows. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

I'd disagree - i think its far from over personally... I mean a number one single is only about 2,250 downloads over a week (apparently - I can't back that up for sure)... surely any of the contestants could overturn that gap if they had a big enough campaign.. also I think the people following Pat are the 'download' generation with smartphones etc.. whereas the generation following Richie, Vanessa & Jim would strike me as being maybe older and more into the text voting - with the money to do it in copious amounts... I think it will be closer then people think, I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a Richie win with Pat second... just my tuppence... you may now commence abusing me? :)

iphonehead wrote: »
    I'd disagree - i think its far from over personally... I mean a number one single is only about 2,250 downloads over a week (apparently - I can't back that up for sure)... surely any of the contestants could overturn that gap if they had a big enough campaign.. also I think the people following Pat are the 'download' generation with smartphones etc.. whereas the generation following Richie, Vanessa & Jim would strike me as being maybe older and more into the text voting - with the money to do it in copious amounts... I think it will be closer then people think, I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a Richie win with Pat second... just my tuppence... you may now commence abusing me? :)

Bang on about who downloads and who doesn't. I'm just not entirely convinced they can overturn Pats vote - because it will increase on the night alone. So it means the others have to have a pretty big campaign behind them to put in thousands of votes. I don't see a huge amount from either Vanessa or Richie - bar a few posters in shops for Vanessa and a few signs for Richie but nothing compared to other competitions around the country iv seen before.

Would make for a cracker of a final though!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Sully wrote: »
    Bang on about who downloads and who doesn't. I'm just not entirely convinced they can overturn Pats vote - because it will increase on the night alone. So it means the others have to have a pretty big campaign behind them to put in thousands of votes. I don't see a huge amount from either Vanessa or Richie - bar a few posters in shops for Vanessa and a few signs for Richie but nothing compared to other competitions around the country iv seen before.

Would make for a cracker of a final though!

Yep its a bit of a tall order... I reckon Richie would be starting off maybe -1500 votes, Vanessa/Jim maybe -1800.... but don't forget Richie has a stageschool with about 500 kids and a huge family on top of the general vote he'll get... its possible. He has a pretty impressive online presence though whatever about the posters etc... Vanessa seems to have concentrated in her home town Tramore. She'll do well from the Opera buffs votes - still think Richie can do it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Was wondering the same. Looks like it'll be largely ceremonious.

Alexandra Burke set to perform at the final, making it even worse...
    Is there anybody you DO like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Kian Egan has been complaining about Jim's absence from UK Itunes
    Kian Egan has phoned 98FM to tell us of his rage upon discovering his act won’t be able to gather the support of his family at the final hurdle of “The Voice of Ireland”. The competition offers a contract with Universal for the winning contestant but Kian says he now believes Jim Devine is at an “unfair disadvantage”.

Kian told 98FM: “Nobody in Northern Ireland where Jim is from can actually download his single so therefore he is at a huge disadvantage. Every single download counts as a vote so he hasn’t had any of his own family or friends or support network in Northern Ireland being able to download it. I’m very ticked off about it. In fairness to Jim, he’s trying to not let it affect him. It’s a really unfair situation though”.

The Westlife singer went on to say “it’s not all based on the download but every download counts as a vote so I suppose fans of Jim could vote for a second time on Sunday night if they had intended on downloading the song. It puts him in an unfair situation. Basically iTunes Ireland doesn’t exist in Northern Ireland – you have to have an Irish credit card or an Irish band account in order to access iTunes Ireland. The guy can’t even download his own single”.

Kian told 98FM “I’ve been through it with the show. I’ve been through it with the record label. I’ve had huge rows all week about it and I’ve just been told that at this stage, there is nothing I can do about it – just to leave it alone and that’s that”.

He insisted it isn’t about winning the show as his coach – Kian says he just wants Jim to have a fair shot at it and he is losing out around 1,000 votes by not having his support network in Northern Ireland being able to download the song.

http://www.98fm.com/2012/category-entertainment/gossipgirl/category-showbiz/kian-egan-fuming-over-voice-scandal/

It sounds like it ever occurred to anyone in advance that Jim would be at a disadvantage, and it is now too late to do anything.

Kian and Jim should now hit as much Northern Ireland Media as they can.
    Make the point that Jim has been hard done by, stress that he is the Underdog and needs all the local support he can get at the Weekend (by text and phone vote)

I don't think he is going to win, but judging by the figures mentioned above, the votes made by text and phone could easily overwhelm the download figures. It could be all to play for yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

eternal wrote: »
    Is there anybody you DO like?

I like lots of musicians. Does it bother you that we don't share similar tastes? What's wrong with disliking Alexandra Burke? She's fucking awful.

iphonehead wrote: »

Richie was the only real threat to Pat and Conor winning from the start I think and Brian or whoever gave Richie an awful "winner's" song choice imo

Pat has it in the bag

Richie was the only real threat to Pat and Conor winning from the start I think and Brian or whoever gave Richie an awful "winner's" song choice imo

Pat has it in the bag

im sure i read somewhere the song was partly his own choice something to do with his father or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

I don't see the big issue with Jim. The Voice UK won't put their singles onto the Irish iTunes chart, but the NI people will be able to download because it's part of the UK. If an Irish person entered the UK version, there wouldn't be this much uproar because we wouldn't be expecting to be allowed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Doesn't matter. No one will remember any of them in a year or so, including the judges!

Mickey Joe who?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. No one will remember any of them in a year or so, including the judges!

Mickey Joe who?

Oh yes Mickey Joe Harte and his damn annoying song We got the world tonight it was everywhere at one stage

I think Pat, Conor, Vanessa and Richie could do well mainly in Ireland though

Noelly wrote: »
    I don't see the big issue with Jim. The Voice UK won't put their singles onto the Irish iTunes chart, but the NI people will be able to download because it's part of the UK. If an Irish person entered the UK version, there wouldn't be this much uproar because we wouldn't be expecting to be allowed to.

For a few years Southern Irish viewers were not allow vote in Xfactor and yes there was "uproar".

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

Mickey Joe who?

ah mickey joe that won the voice in what year was it? oh no this is the first year!!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement