Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snobbiest comment you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Tigger wrote: »
    i only go to the cvashier in tesco because my shopping won't fit at the self service

so don't talk to me i hate you and if you were worthtalking to you'd not be a tesco cashier

#also i hate you
    Hmm, this is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

"Sir, please tuck your penis back into your pants, we won't be landing for another three hours".

Who did he think he was???

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

From a customer who was required to provide identification this morning.....

" Dont be ridiculous, you stupid man, I dont require identification , I am British...."

hmmm....quess what repsonse they got ??

retalivity wrote: »
    i went to trinity for 4 years....that place is a tool factory. 90% of the people when i was there i wouldnt have minded slapping silly.
    There was 100 or so in my class, and i spoke to no more than 11 or 12 of them. I remember the first couple of weeks

"Oim Neasa o'Carrauwl-healy-backwards from sandymount, where are you from?"
    "Donegal"
    "Oh you're Northern Irish? I do hope they solve that little tiff they are having"

OpoQQ.jpg

"wtf...i'm not fr..."
    "My daddy has business interests in newry, maybe your family know him. What does your daddy do?"
    "Mine also has interests in the North...he drives through it most days as a lorry driver."
    "Hahaha...oh...em i got to go...."

tossers
    A lad on my course in college (TCD...forgive me) regarding the access programme "I don't agree with that at all, all it does is let povs into Trinity"

An extremely awkward silence followed..

Aw where ye stuck down the Arts end? Should have done some science subject - that end is full of us normal culchies! Well 80% of them are I'd say. There's some D4 twats down that end but they're afraid to go near anyone that leave's H's out of words and might know what a cow looks like in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The night I graduated from college the lads from back home called up to Sligo.

We were in a really long queue for the niteclub and we were having the craìc with each other while waiting. These group of posh lads were in between us, looking spiffy with their scarves / popped up collars / perfectly gelled hair / etc.

Two of them turns around, one of them eyes one of the lads up and down in disgust, turns to his mate and says, unashamedly loud too, in a thick posh accent:

"Chuh, looks loike he shawps at Tee-Kay Mawx"

Cue them chortling with that pouncy kind of lawf: "Ahaw haw haw haw!"

We were a bit surprised at how blatantly obvious he made the remark and cue the lads doing their D4 impressions to our other mates in front of the posh boys: "Fìacra, grob us a can o' Heino there............Where's Seachlan, tell him to ring doddy and get him to send round the Beemer, it looks loike it's going to rain and I doon't wunt to get the Merc wet!" etc.

It was a case of being there to find it funny but I was in stitches at the whole scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Tigger wrote:
    i only go to the cvashier in tesco because my shopping won't fit at the self service

so don't talk to me i hate you and if you were worth talking to you'd not be a tesco cashier

#also i hate you
    Hmm, this is something else.
    I saw that too!
    A huge proportion of supermarket workers are working there to get themselves through college, or working there because there are no other jobs out there. Gobsmacked at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm not stuck up, I'm just better than you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Southerners are the sort of people who would wear jeans to a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭everyday taxi

"how very dare you"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfZqbZtT6E

great....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

After being engaged for 6 months I found out I was pregnant, my now husband's sister made the comment to me "You are a disgrace to our family name."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

cofy wrote: »
    After being engaged for 6 months I found out I was pregnant, my now husband's sister made the comment to me "You are a disgrace to our family name."

I hope ya gave her a ****ing smack in the kisser for that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sky King wrote: »

Rule #1 in dining out - Be nice to the people handling your food.

Such a myth. No matter how badly you are treated you would have to be low life scum to tamper with someones food!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

My sister was in Brown Thomas and said she overheard a gentleman say to his wife "Hurry up dear, I don't want to mix with all these civilians for too long"

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

what my future mother in law says about snobs: 'their shite smells the same as mine so they are no different'

Lol...good one. Reminds me of a comment from a few years back. When describing a female colleague who went out of her way to be posh, a younger less well-off colleague said "she sh1tes chocolate, that one".:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AllAboutAoibh

"I didn't know that working class people actually worked"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

How dare she tell you the truth! I hope you dropped an omlette down her blouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Faith+1 wrote: »
    How dare she tell you the truth! I hope you dropped an omlette down her blouse!

I would have only I could not find rotten enough eggs!!! Seriously, I kept my mouth shut and did not give her a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

You should have said,
    "Well I might be if your brother was the father".
    That would have shut her up quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

joe stodge wrote: »
    "im only having my children baptised so they can attend that school"

What's snobby about that? Backward by the school in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

Getting called a vampire for being pale. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I used to be good mates with a guy in secondary school untill he totally went off the deep end when he went to college. He used refer to anyone serving him in a shop as wc (working class) and anytime I would bump into him when he was out after a few drinks he would constantly go on about who was trash and who would be washing his car when he was a millionaire. The worst I think was he was giving me a lift from one place to another in Dublin one time and we drove past a line of people waiting to collect social welfare. He guffawed in the car to himself for a good 5 minutes after that without explanation. Serious chip on his shoulder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I wouldn't see that as a negative. I find pale women attractive. It's alot better than being all tango'ed up thats for sure.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

Remmy wrote: »

I wouldn't see that as a negative. I find pale women attractive. It's alot better than being all tango'ed up thats for sure.:D
    Heheh I know, but then people starting saying I drink blood and **** like that, which is not funny at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I bought a sofa out of the buy and sell years ago. When I rang the woman to get her address to collect it she told me she lived near Howth.

Turns out it was actually Kilbarrack, which I suppose technically is near Howth but..........

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Work colleague; I really like your jumper.... its lovely, really suits you.

Me (delighted as it was a bargain); Jezz, thanks, cant beat penny's only cost me a few quid!

Work colleague; Oh right, ...... I wouldn't wear anything from penny's!

Me (under my breath); get over yourself you snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Two Corkonians at the Irish Open at Portmarnock: "Of course, you couldn't be seen at a golf tournament in Cork in August; people might think you haven't got a yacht."

Portmarnock, August 1984

Yes, they've been like that for a while now, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

delaad wrote: »
    Two Corkonians at the Irish Open at Portmarnock: "Of course, you couldn't be seen at a golf tournament in Cork in August; people might think you haven't got a yacht."

Portmarnock, August 1984

Yes, they've been like that for a while now, folks.
    Ha ha. I'm a season ticket holder at Thomond Park and you always know the Cork fans. I swear for the life of me some of their accents are posher than DAWkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

BelindaL wrote: »
    Work colleague; I really like your jumper.... its lovely, really suits you.

Me (delighted as it was a bargain); Jezz, thanks, cant beat penny's only cost me a few quid!

Work colleague; Oh right, ...... I wouldn't wear anything from penny's!

Me (under my breath); get over yourself you snob.
    Now that IS snobbery of the highest order because Dunne's and Penny's really do some decent looking stuff. If you like it, buy it!

Like some of their products don't have the longest life span with regards zips and buttons and stuff but you can't go wrong for €20 for a pair of jeans if you like em.

But fair play to you! I know people who would have said 'Oh thanks, I got it in Brown Thomas, only €50, it was a steal'. Now that's snobbery of the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Back in the nineties had just travelled across Europe by bus to London. My old man had put money in my account to get the train to Glasgow. The only ticket I could get at the last minute was first class pullman.
    Anyway I trundled on, minging, army fatigues and huge rucksack and took my seat amongst the suits. Jerk comes over insisting I was in the wrong carriage and I should leave. Turned round and said to the others that he'd sort the chancer out.
    I just grinned and told him i'd only move if the ticket collector told me to.
    Needless to say my ticket was punched ok and the suits had to suffer me getting extra coffee and biccies from the Scottish staff. I was the only Scot there. They treated me like royalty. Funniest thing was that most of the suits probably got the ticket on expenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

drakshug wrote: »
    Back in the nineties had just travelled across Europe by bus to London. My old man had put money in my account to get the train to Glasgow. The only ticket I could get at the last minute was first class pullman.
    Anyway I trundled on, minging, army fatigues and huge rucksack and took my seat amongst the suits. Jerk comes over insisting I was in the wrong carriage and I should leave. Turned round and said to the others that he'd sort the chancer out.
    I just grinned and told him i'd only move if the ticket collector told me to.
    Needless to say my ticket was punched ok and the suits had to suffer me getting extra coffee and biccies from the Scottish staff. I was the only Scot there. They treated me like royalty. Funniest thing was that most of the suits probably got the ticket on expenses.

You would have to be some idiot to think a man who serves his country has any less right to be in first class than someone who by comparison probraly has an easy job.

Advertisement