Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's coming.... (New Market!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

god's toy wrote: »
    But can you refresh on demand like the old one (can)?
    You've lost me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Can you choose which apps to update when there are multiple apps for updating ?
    Or do you have to update all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Hey Just installed this on my rooted desire and used market enabler to fake an American network, i can get books working but no options for movies, must not be live in the U.S. yet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ste- wrote: »
    Can you choose which apps to update when there are multiple apps for updating ?
    Or do you have to update all ?
    You can chose which ones to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

How much space does this take up? I have loads of free space on my HTC wildfire S but when i try to install the new market, it tells me i need to clear more space :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

7.29mb on my Application list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

You've lost me :confused:

ha! Never mind.

lol talking to some people they question if it had a button or not. Lol maybe I'm just loseing it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Mr E wrote: »
    7.29mb on my Application list.

I have like 15mb free space internal memory on the phone, 2.5gb on memory card and 145mb of RAM available. What now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Here is a flashable .zip I made (only for HDPI devices)
    http://db.tt/xsxKtKm

I just brute unsigned it, and added it to an older flashable .zip
    Needs ClockworkMod3

Will save around 3MB

I have like 15mb free space internal memory on the phone, 2.5gb on memory card and 145mb of RAM available. What now??

Don't worry about free RAM :pac:
    Free RAM = wasted RAM :p
    Android manages it fine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Theres no sign on my s2, do you have to update manually?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

And how do we do that?:cool:

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Here you go guys :)

http://db.tt/dQulaPO

Credit to this guy

^there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

One thing that annoys me about the new market app is that some apps won't give me an update button. I can see that they need to be updated, but when I open them I'm only given the option to open the app or uninstall. I have to wait till there are too apps to update, as it gives me an option to update all.

I'm sure that this problem is related to apps not available in my region (middle east), as others do allow me the update option...

It just annoying, as I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my phone. Google+ is sitting there right now waiting to be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That happened to me a few days ago, but its behaving itself now.

I get individual update buttons for any apps that need updates, and an update all button on the main apps list (if updates are available).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

i now have 2 markets (one old and one new) on my 3.1 iconia tab :confused:

i now have 2 markets (one old and one new) on my 3.1 iconia tab :confused:
    I don't have two markets, but have two voice search apps, two navigation apps and two places apps...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Meh.. as I said on a previous thread, I can't say paying to download a film that I can then (probably) only watch on a 4" screen would be what I consider a "wow" factor - even if we could get it over here.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Some Android devices have hdmi out ;)
    iwo wrote: »
    Did u not hear about dlna or hmdi out cable? :)

Ah my Desire HD doesn't have fancy stuff like that! :p

Plus I'm probably spoiled what with a 12" netbook, full-size laptops, PC, PowerEdge 2950, and media server on it that serves all the machines in the house as well as the TVs using WDTV live boxes and POE adapters

(Yes I work in IT :p)

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Meh.. as I said on a previous thread, I can't say paying to download a film that I can then (probably) only watch on a 4" screen would be what I consider a "wow" factor - even if we could get it over here.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Some Android devices have hdmi out ;)
    Did u not hear about dlna or hmdi out cable? :)

Plus I'm probably spoiled what with a 12" netbook, full-size laptops, PC, PowerEdge 2950, and media server on it that serves all the machines in the house as well as the TVs using WDTV live boxes and POE adapters

Your HD has DLNA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

1 your DHD has dlna

2 you can but HTC media receiver for tv

3 you can stream music via some other server tools if you want

Yes, it sounds like you are gadget boy....just like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Your HD has DLNA
    Yea and it works ok-ish. Takes a while to transcode though (using Mezzmo) and its still a 4" screen at the end of it - suppose it'd be worthwhile though if you could watch it over 3G from the server but eircom upload rates and meteor's not-so-great 3G coverage outside Dublin would limit this.

2 you can but HTC media receiver for tv
    A what? Off to Google I go...
    3 you can stream music via some other server tools if you want
    Yep, Mezzmo works for that too but maybe I'm weird in that I don't actually have ANY music on the phone - that's why I have a car with a USB-enabled stereo system :)
    Yes, it sounds like you are gadget boy....just like me :D
    Guilty as charged :p

Advertisement