Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged 350 euro for Fire Brigade to show up and leave.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

Just read a few comments on the first page.

What's the point in having home insurance if you don't use it because it might go up? I wouldn't even bother getting my house insured if it meant that every time I claimed the price would go up? Effectively you are just paying for nothing..no? Hmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭stockyboie

Its a joke like everything else run by our civil servants in ireland. Im not gonna sit here and praise people for doing a job they signed up for. I know in the states theres a $75 dollar a year charge in some counties to cover fire department callouts if your not within city limits but the majority of fire departments are funded by the payment of taxes and callouts(provided they aren't repeat calls) as such are free of charge of any subsequent bills. Thats understandable and perfectly in line with the way it should be. Emergency services are not privately funded operations. This isn't f)))) OCP from robocop.

2500 euro to put a fire out? Seriously why even bother calling the fire service. For that kind of money you can let your car burn and just go buy a decent hand one. You can even buy a small extinguisher for your car.

These charges a joke beyond a joke and typical of the greed of this country. Someone is getting rich off this and its mostly our civil servant friends some of who no doubt are on here commenting in support of this, trying to make it seem normal. There is no justification for that kind of charge. None. Its pure greed. Plain and simple.

Noone minds paying a fee VIA TAXES for a fire service for callout buts when your throwing around bills between 1000 - 2500 someone is taking the mick. Again its our faceless friends in the county councils behind all of this. You know the lazy f)))s that sit around all day and do nothing for money. The justification for these charges ive read is hilarious. You really expect people to swallow that one?

Its funny how this sort of thing is always kept very quiet in ireland almost like they don't want people to notice until they send the bill...like OH by the way forgot to mention theres a 2500 bill for putting the fire out. They try and keep it quiet coz they know what would happen if it was common knowledge. I only found out about this charge myself in the last year and ive lived here all my life. See how sneaky they are. These faceless cowards.

Ireland has the biggest shower of gobeen ripoff merchants running the country in the world. Just look at the everyday price of things in this country. The people who are charging these ungodly bills, they are the same people that would take money of a dead mans pocket if they could but as long as the general public in ireland just sits back and takes in the ))) they'll keep doing it. Irish people are extremely generous people but sometimes they just lack the moral fiber to stand up for themselves.

Do yourself a favour and learn to stand up for yourself by NOT paying these bills and refusing to pay them. If they showed up at my place with their bill i'd stick my dog on them.
    Garage and all contents gone. According to Westmeath county council page there is no charge for this and yet we got a bill today for €2500!!! We didn't claim from our insurance for a call out after reading the council website.

Can anyone explain this??? Certainly can't afford to pay it.

Simple don't pay pay. screw em. If they come looking for their money tell em you can't afford it then give them a good seeing to with a rant from hell. They'll leave with their tail between their legs.

Advertisement