Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fork & Brake query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Yea for the most part shock pumps are fairly generic, they can vary massivly in cost some are better than others but they will all more or less the the exact same thing.

Halfords have these ones for €30, they are fine and will last.

Be sure no to put too much air in your shock and that manfactures guidelines are just that a guide, make sure you see what suits your style of riding adn how you like your bike to 'feel'

If you bought your bike in a shop I would be most surprised if they would not set your shock up for you if you just drop into them.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Perfect, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Set the shock psi for your weight taking into account cycle clothing/backpack weights not for what you weigh on the scales 1st thing in the morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Yes, going back to shop would be good idea but I bought it in Dublin and live in gorey and I'm too lazy to get there...I will but this thing soon and set up the shock ASAP. It is hard at the moment after releasing it. I hope that shop prepared this for me when I got it...I got cube ltd. Thanks guys for good suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My rockshox have a sticker on the back with the suggested pressure for your weight. Start with that and then fine tune to your preference. The Halfords pump lets a little air out when you unscrew it so give it a little more air than you intend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement