Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangover Cures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

hdowney wrote: »
    urgh the thoughts of food rite now has me retching. not good :(

Yeah me too. Please stop recommending breakfast rolls or golden arches! :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Medicate it....

On waking have a dioralyte sachet.

Then drink another pint of water.

Have a sausage sandwich.

Drink another pint with a vitamin C tablet in it. Wash down two nurofen plus with this and follow with a decent coffee.

If you have "the fear" I suggest adding valium or xanax into the mix there some where.

If an upset stomach is an issue get the chewable motilium.

Mindfullness mediation also helps if you've done something really really bad.

If none of this is available as a poster said a few posts up... have a ****....

There are no quick fixes. Drink plenty of water to replenish what was lost due to the alcohol. You body is full of poisons from the alcohol.They will leave your body at there own free will, give it time.

All these hangover cure are bolox. They won't have any effect.

While its probably not practical when your sitting at work 2 or 3 pints will make you feel much better, so its not bolox. It will also help you to eat as it will settle yoor stomach.

If pints arent an option, Sugery drinks will also make you feel better too, club orange, lucozade etc can give you a good boost and then water. Water alone is no good you need the suger boost first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

hot chicken fillet roll and a cold can of coke followed by a nap

unrail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Have a ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Go for a nice walk for a bit of fresh air, drinking a bottle of water as you go. I second the Twister suggestion. That or one of those fruit pastille lollies. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

If you're just feeling sick eat dry toast and black tea you need to soak up the drink that is gurgling around your stomach, Dairy products could aggravate your stomach

It works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

Sleep and loads of it is the one and only cure for me

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Sleep and loads of it is the one and only cure for me

And me. If I wake up feeling shyte and I can drift back off to sleep, the second time I wake up I'm grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sleep is great. However it completely fooks up your sleeping pattern if you have to be up early the next morn. So if you sleep most of the day today you prob won't sleep very well tonight which means you'll be wrecked tomorrow morn if you have to go into work!

If you have no work then sleep away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't think anything could sort me out today. Maybe a few after work so I don't have the horrors when I try to go to sleep tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sex

Preferably consensual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Can you buy activated charcoal tabs over the counter because those would do the job.

Salty food, some sugar, loads of water and a big dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Have a massive shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

first,
    centra isotonic orange and a slice of white bread,
    next,
    relax for a half hour,
    then,
    fried chicken limb of your choice with stong milky sugary coffee,
    and,
    HAVE A WÁNK PROFFESSOR!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Popcorn is fantastic for stomach hangovers, seems to soak it all up. Works everytime for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm absolutely dying with a hangover. Head's not too bad but I'm just feeling really nauseous. Any decent cures? :)

My hangovers are like that too, all I can do is sleep more and drink water. The idea of food makes me want to puke, and can put me off it for days. If it wasn't a bad night, I'd manage something like a hash brown and egg sammich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

eat chilli, works,hotter the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

i was the exact same this morning op,sick as a dog,damn vodka! i just drink a quarter cup of aloe vera juice and im brand new,settles the nauseous feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I find all this talk of going to the shop to buy things very funny,when i have a bad one i can barely manage the stairs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Is the ham green too?

Popcorn is fantastic for stomach hangovers, seems to soak it all up. Works everytime for me

Would not advise!!!!! fluffy and yummy going down - horrifically scratchy and painful coming up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

A good shower ..and at the end blast yourself with cold water.....its not pleasant but youll forget all about your hangova ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A good shower ..and at the end blast yourself with cold water.....its not pleasant but youll forget all about your hangova ...

If a shower cures it, then its not a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

barone wrote: »
    eat chilli, works,hotter the better

Damn right. Gotta be spicy food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

a mars bar or if someone is good enough to travel to the shop a breakfast roll and lots and lots of sweet tea.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Panadol Max and 2 Berocca.. and loads of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

30mg bumps of Methoxetamine every 1.5 hrs until you reach the hole. The afterglow should be wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rashers and fried egg sandwich,seems to work for me also eating as much rubbish/sweets seems to work as well Smoky bacon taytos or chipsticks,if all that fails turn off the phone and sleep it off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Fill the bath with cold water. Then empty a load of ice into the the bath. Wait til it is freezing and submerge yourself really quickly. Stay in the bath for ten minutes or so. You'll be brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fill the bath with cold water. Then empty a load of ice into the the bath. Wait til it is freezing and submerge yourself really quickly. Stay in the bath for ten minutes or so. You'll be brand new.

Brand new dead :)

Advertisement