Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

That would be handy if I did. As I could get FIFA then to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Wipeout is free from any store once u purchase a 3G model, the free 4gb memory only free in Vodafone retail stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Wipeout is free from any store once u purchase a 3G model, the free 4gb memory only free in Vodafone retail stores

100%? cos i was told yes then no then i dont know lol

Yeah 100% I read it on the eu playstatio blog, not sure where link is now but it is in this massive forum Somewhere

Right so I just popped into my gamestop. An asked. I was told that I just have to go to a Vodafone shop and get a sim card and top it up. An ill get wipeout. She also said that I would need to top it up every week or month for a while to hold onto the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

dclewis wrote: »
    She also said that I would need to top it up every week or month for a while to hold onto the game.
    Hope she was making that up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I just don't see the 3G being worth it and i reckon it will be the first model to be cut. A 3G connection is barely good enough to browse the web (on the Vita's terrible browser at that), games are completely out of the question and the GPS is just for geotagging "social" nonsense.

Wipeout will be 40 quid most places i'd imagine so just buy it and save a tenner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

for the 3g model, what are the price plans set out by vodafone, how much data do we get per euro

tonydude wrote: »
    for the 3g model, what are the price plans set out by vodafone, how much data do we get per euro

thats the worrying part they havent anounced it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

where can you get a 32gb card from?? all shops are saying 16gb max??
    planetaxel for about €80

• Advertisement

Right so I just popped into my gamestop. An asked. I was told that I just have to go to a Vodafone shop and get a sim card and top it up. An ill get wipeout. She also said that I would need to top it up every week or month for a while to hold onto the game.

any midnight openings for vita decided yet?, even early morning openings? also if i get the 3g one i assume i get a downloadable copy of wipeout for free as it states on the leaflet in your stores? please confirm

Like · · 52 minutes ago ·
      • 41800_273761945061_2505_q.jpgGameStop Ireland Hi Chris all stores (subject to local restrictions) will be open at 8am for launch, no midnight launches planned.12 minutes ago · Unlike · drP8vlvSl_8.gif 1

• 41800_273761945061_2505_q.jpgGameStop Ireland And yes its when you activate the sim with vodafone you get the DLC free.

I was told they dont open till ten on Wednesdays but I the staff were willing to go in early they could open so she said they were going in at 9 maybe 8 unless there was an official announcement by the head office. She said that they would send everyone who pre ordered a text telling them what time there open at. Oh and this is the gamestop in balbriggan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yay I can get my PS vita :D:D bills are sorted, rent is paid, and I still have 340 euro to spend on vita ness :D:D:D

Anyone know it argos are definitely only charging 38 euro for unchartered??

Yep I saw it myself. Selection of vita games for 37.98 or something.

in the catalouge it says prices tbc so i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

caspa307 wrote: »

in the catalouge it says prices tbc so i doubt it

Unfortunately it looks like they're charging €49.99, was in there yesterday and checked it on their stock check system. Had my hopes up for a minute when I saw it at €38!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

That's exactly what I was told in gamestop yesterday which made me opt for the wifi version, I already have a mifi mobile internet with 3 for on the move.

I've got the argos catalogue here, says 37.49.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've got the argos catalogue here, says 37.49.
    Just checked in store and was told 49.99

• Advertisement

DSC0000030.jpg

Phone camera sucks, but I think its clear enough.

I'll check argos on Wednesday but if no joy it will be smyths and loyalty card for me

They'll be 40 euro in HMV either way, so I'm not concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Is there anything stopping someone with a wifi model buying a sim card, topping it up and using the code to DL wipeout without ever using the sim?

LazyBaker wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping someone with a wifi model buying a sim card, topping it up and using the code to DL wipeout without ever using the sim?

yeah theres no sim slot on the wifi model

caspa307 wrote: »

yeah theres no sim slot on the wifi model

Yeah i know, but what im saying is; does the sim need to be in the vita to get the game? If vodafone just send you a PSN code, could you not buy a sim, out a fiver on it, use the code on your wifi unit and toss the sim?

Yeah i know, but what im saying is; does the sim need to be in the vita to get the game? If vodafone just send you a PSN code, could you not buy a sim, out a fiver on it, use the code on your wifi unit and toss the sim?

doubt it in saying that i dont see how they would know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i would assume the code is only given when the device activates on the network, which a wifi one cant do for obvious reasons

Also, xtravision bundles:
    Wifi, 4gb card, fifa = €280
    3G, 4gb card, fifa = €330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Helix wrote: »
    i would assume the code is only given when the device activates on the network, which a wifi one cant do for obvious reasons

I wonder could you use one 3G Vita to activate multple SIMs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement