Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to building!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Any one promoting or suggesting how to pirate software will be banned

i'd suggest that some users might like to edit their threads

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Any one promoting or suggesting how to pirate software will be banned

i'd suggest that some users might like to edit their threads

Too late, caught this just before heading out. Any more talk of illegal acts will result in banning with extreme prejudice.
    pepper180 wrote: »
    Haha very intelligent I must say! Yeah I am a student so I will get it there thanks!

No you won't. Certainly not if you want to continue posting in this forum (or indeed any other on Boards)...
    Any other places to get cheap for non students?

Only thing I can think of for non-students is to get it a little cheaper off HWVS by buying the German version, then downloading the English version DVD and using the product key off the German version to activate it. Only applies if you're buying other stuff from HWVS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I said ''Yeah I am a student so I will get it there thanks!,''

Which means I will get it where it is cheap for €45! Why would I pirate it when I can get a real hard copy for little money? :confused:

If I was going to pirate it, do you really think I would ask ''Any other places to get cheap for non students?''
    If I wanted it free I would have stated free.

Thank you for the help on where to get it. I will look into it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Is that legal? Are you entitled to the english download if you purchase the german version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Asmodean wrote: »
    Is that legal? Are you entitled to the english download if you purchase the german version?
    Yeah it's legal. Your really buying the licence key for Windows which is compatible with any other language of the same version. So if you buy Home Premium from hwvs then download the Home Premium English version and your activation key will work perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I said ''Yeah I am a student so I will get it there thanks!

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I saw the non-students bit and then read the previous sentence wrong :o

Solitaire wrote: »
    I said ''Yeah I am a student so I will get it there thanks!

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I saw the non-students bit and then read the previous sentence wrong :o

No need to apologise! Misunderstandings happen! :) now to build my pc... Eventually!

Another question I need to ask... Do these systems give off a loud sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

How loud worries you? They wouldn't be quiet or like an aeroplane either. I think there's just two fans in the asgard. They're alright for a €30 case. Depending on the board, you may be able to control these and the CPU fan.
    If you wanted a quieter system, you could get quieter case fans and get a different CPU heatsink. These more expensive cases with sound dampening, but I doubt that you'd like to bear that cost.

Monotype wrote: »
    How loud worries you? They wouldn't be quiet or like an aeroplane either. I think there's just two fans in the asgard. They're alright for a €30 case. Depending on the board, you may be able to control these and the CPU fan.
    If you wanted a quieter system, you could get quieter case fans and get a different CPU heatsink. These more expensive cases with sound dampening, but I doubt that you'd like to bear that cost.

Well I dont want it to sound like a hoover or a microwave! :p

• Advertisement

The back one has a control switch and you can control the front one with speedfan, if your motherboard supports it. Speedfan can be a little finicky but it works well when set up.

If I put an extra.. About 30 euro to my graphics card, what could I get?

What's your build now?
    Next one up from the 6850 is the 6870.
    The cheapest one is €142 (also out of stock at the moment).
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=39467

Advertisement