Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawkins sounds off. Lots of atheists upset.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭silentrust

Obliq wrote: »
    Are you a lapsed priest? C'mon. Own up!

Well spotted, I am in fact the baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

silentrust wrote: »
    Well spotted, I am in fact the baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells.

Excellent :D I'm thinking turmeric and yoghurt marinade for the slow roasted shins sounds quite nice. Look! You're having a conversation with a FEMINIST! And you're not angrily ranting yet! Bonus :D I guess that's why you're a lapsed priest. Can't take the pace of the long held beliefs eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...I'm not too pushed on feminists either way....its the women that get up my nose.

Excellent :D I'm thinking turmeric and yoghurt marinade for the slow roasted shins sounds quite nice. Look! You're having a conversation with a FEMINIST! And you're not angrily ranting yet! Bonus :D I guess that's why you're a lapsed priest. Can't take the pace of the long held beliefs eh?

If I offered to cook up some shins for you, no doubt you'd accuse me of patronising you, you already know how to serve a delicious shin curry and even if you didn't you don't need a man to explain it to you. :-D

If I offered to cook up some shins for you, no doubt you'd accuse me of patronising you, you already know how to serve a delicious shin curry and even if you didn't you don't need a man to explain it to you. :-D

No doubts? Excellent. Your parents clearly chose your career wisely - I can't think why you left :confused: However, I don't cook well. My boyfriend does that kind of stuff mostly (when he's here), and the kids suffer my burnt offerings the rest of the time. But no, I don't need a man to explain it - just to do it for me, really. ;)

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    ...I'm not too pushed on feminists either way....its the women that get up my nose.

Excellent answer. I do like getting up a man's nose. My man's, more specifically...

No doubts? Excellent. Your parents clearly chose your career wisely - I can't think why you left :confused: However, I don't cook well. My boyfriend does that kind of stuff mostly (when he's here), and the kids suffer my burnt offerings the rest of the time. But no, I don't need a man to explain it - just to do it for me, really. ;)

Well I got stuck on the philosophical conundrums such as if a man walks so far into a forest and then speaks, is he still wrong?

Perhaps you'd agree he's wrong as he shouldn't be talking in the woods but making you dinner instead? Keep up the helplessness, there's nothing we men like more than a damsel in distress! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, I'm tired and all but some quips here are getting a little odd.

Well I got stuck on the philosophical conundrums such as if a man walks so far into a forest and then speaks, is he still wrong?

Perhaps you'd agree he's wrong as he shouldn't be talking in the woods but making you dinner instead? Keep up the helplessness, there's nothing we men like more than a damsel in distress! :-)

Ha, must tell my fella that bit about helplessness and damsels...funny:p

Sorry, I'm not sure what your problem is with being so wrong? Perhaps you could have a little think while you're doing the washing up eh? Wait now....I'm remembering something about wood. Ah yes, that well known saying "Tis easy climb a fallen tree". Problem solved mate. Lie down in the woods, let the women do they thang and you don't have to talk at all. Sorted :cool:

Jernal wrote: »
    Ok, I'm tired and all but some quips here are getting a little odd.

Yeah, only getting worse too. I'm just time wasting while I wait for the latest sudofed to kick in, then off to me leaba. :(

• Advertisement

Ha, must tell my fella that bit about helplessness and damsels...funny:p

Sorry, I'm not sure what your problem is with being so wrong? Perhaps you could have a little think while you're doing the washing up eh? Wait now....I'm remembering something about wood. Ah yes, that well known saying "Tis easy climb a fallen tree". Problem solved mate. Lie down in the woods, let the women do they thang and you don't have to talk at all. Sorted :cool:

Oh, I know this one! I'll take a sandwich with white bread, no crusts, ham and a dash of mayo, you go do your thang, thanks sweetheart. :-)

Yeah, only getting worse too. I'm just time wasting while I wait for the latest sudofed to kick in, then off to me leaba. :(

You're such a dear delicate little thing, do have a lie down darling, leave this one to the men. :-D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ silentrust, you're not being hugely funny, I have to say.

If you continue in that posting style, you'll be picking up cards, bans, that kind of thing.

robindch wrote: »

If you continue in that posting style, you'll be picking up cards, bans, that kind of thing.

Tell it to the feminist, not me! :-)

robindch wrote: »

In fairness, I wasn't being at all funny either. Full of snot and sneezing on the keyboard at a late hour, plus a dodgy lateral "sense of humour" doesn't make for fun. Sorry all! Please resume normal high quality debate and sarcasm :p

Tell it to the feminist, not me! :-)

"The feminist" already owns it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Sarky wrote: »
    Some good memories, in fairness. Remember when Zombrex popped over to Atheism+ with reason and civility and received nothing but horrendous abuse?

I still wake up every night screaming :p

I only pop in on the car crash every now and again, mostly on Twitter. Apparently our own Michael Nuggent is currently in the cross fires from both sides for trying to bridge a gap between some of the prominent skeptics who are not talking to each other (but still talking about each other), such as Justin Vacula and Ophellia Benson, and for not denouncing the other side.

Dear oh dear. Though I suppose if both sides hate you you are probably doing something right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

[...] I wasn't being at all funny either [...] Sorry all!
    OK, unfunniness all around then.

Apologies from all sides accepted.

As yiz were!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Where's justicar when you need him? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

So, what do these people do apart from getting annoyed at each other?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well, they... uh, you see they talk about...

Huh. You know, I'm not sure they do anything else at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Standman wrote: »
    So, what do these people do apart from getting annoyed at each other?

Make-up sex. Obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Right - is anyone going to this, to be an eye-witness etc?

Nodin wrote: »
    Right - is anyone going to this, to be an eye-witness etc?

Morag said she is. Didn't bluewolf say she was going to invite whatsherface for a coffee too? Could be interesting ...

Nope. Wrong. Corner whatdyamacaller in an elevator was the plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

At 100 yoyos for a ticket I'm not privileged enough.

At 100 yoyos for a ticket I'm not privileged enough.

You could have got one free from Geoffshorts. Don't know if there's any left - I didn't take it up cos I'd be interred in the bar for the duration and the kids would be roaming freely in the elevators, but go for it if there's any left? Will find linky for you....

Missed it. Also needed to be a student: http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

You could have got one free from Geoffshorts. Don't know if there's any left - I didn't take it up cos I'd be interred in the bar for the duration and the kids would be roaming freely in the elevators, but go for it if there's any left? Will find linky for you....

He does have some left, they are not just student tickets, was talking to him Monday just gone. That is how I am able to attend. Am considering doing some tweet coverage on the day.

Nice one Morag. There ya go Rev, there's an option there if you're interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I want to paint a mural on the inside of the elevator... of a man and a woman drinking coffee. Yeah, that'll do it! :D

Advertisement