Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

robindch wrote: »
    Publication run of two - one for himself, and one for a friend (if he has one).

Does he not have a laydee friend? He could read it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

lazygal wrote: »

It would be far too verbose, eloquent and mysterious for a woman to read. This is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

He did, but his nutty misogyny scared her away.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

recedite wrote: »
    The prize is "A Concise Anthology of the Musings of John Waters".
    You may pick it up at the Iona Institute; its too heavy to send in the post :D
    AKA The Epistles of St. John to the Hibernians.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭wench

As in all the best horrors, he's not gone yet..

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/04/07/john-waters-responds/

Seven pages!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The only homophobe in the Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Seven fooking pages. Dear god.

And that's the version that's been through an editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

wench wrote: »
    As in all the best horrors, he's not gone yet..

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/04/07/john-waters-responds/

Seven pages!!
    Waters wrote:
    I was being targeted for things other people were saying I had said rather
    than anything actually said or written by me

Bollocks. And of course, it was what you did you were getting flack for as well.
    Waters wrote:
    there may soon be no audible voice left to raise itself against the corrupted
    clamour of the unrecognised, unaccountable fifth column now directing every
    twitch and nuance of our public life.

Let me get that down 'it was L...i....z....a....r...d p...e...o...p..l...e'. Right, carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Proof of delusion - he reckons he can talk his way out of it.
    Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

If it wasn't for the biased liberal media we'd have see all 34 pages!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

He must be one busy guy.

“I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”
    Mark Twain

I feel like it was less of an interview than a... Something *like* an interview, but with only one person involved and that person is a sad little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,862 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Or, in the words of one Buzz Lightyear, "a sad, strange little man".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

uniquely in my career, I was being targeted for things other people were saying I had said rather than anything actually said or written by me
    I think that it was Panti who ended up having words put in his mouth. And he's the only one who was sued by anyone.

He also makes some weird mixed metaphors ("stoking a deluge") and doesn't really get the meaning of "Fifth column". Nor does he seem to notice the hypocrisy of an Iona member talking about shady groups influencing public debate and silencing critics...

And I'[m not surprised at the 7 pages, I'd say Village is happy to just fill space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,862 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That does mean three free sheets of toilet paper, I guess. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,314 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

At €3.95 a copy, I think I'd rather just use my left hand :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Has anyone taken one for the team and read the whole thing?

Has anyone taken one for the team and read the whole thing?

Lol, good joke. Read the whole thing... Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Apparently he thinks Patsy mc Garry said bad things about him anonymously on the intarwebz
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/04/09/im-a-patsy-2/

What basis he has for saying this is not mentioned. Holy spirit may be involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

"I don't believe in depression. There's no such thing. It's an invention. It's bull****," he said, "it's a cop out."
    He now knows better than the medical community- what an odious little man, and thats a sincerely held belief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

From the article above:
    I don't spend a lot of time thinking about Madonna but people should mind their own business. Just like Pat Rabbitte should mind his own business.

Oh, oh, oh the irony....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it seems that john waters basis for his opinions on gay marriage etc stem from his own custody battle with his kid and her mother, but he won't say how exactly his experience leads to problem with gay marriage and if anyone were to discuss it in depth what happened he'd probably sue them

How can one be frightened in a metaphysical way?

He really is a very bitter man. He can't say he doesn't have the right to be a homophobe. He does, but he can expect to be challenged on it if it means he's working on denying others their rights.

There's no way I'm clicking on that article, but it seems clear that he's actually trolling, no? The depression rant, the mind your business joke... Definitely trolling via the medium of Niamh Horan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

John Waters: World's Worst Pen-Pal 2014.

""I have no friends in the media anymore.""

Hey John, little word of advice; friends don't send friends solicitor's letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

My take on it.

A child should be free to grow and explore, that is without God, Santa or Religion.

I'd make that law if I could. Once the child has had a free time to itself, then if he or she wanted to believe or simply liked the lifestyle, then so be it.

Education can be a double edged sword, education is enlightenment and knowledge, yet most systems are geared towards producing human robotic calculators for industry who are also indoctrinated into voting in a Government that will force their children to be the same.

Childhood is where it's at, the child needs to have his and her imagination stimulated without absolute lies, like the Santa Claus and free gift story as an example. It does not mean we totally ban all these things, we just don't lie about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

How can one be frightened in a metaphysical way?
    Only JW can experience that. Ordinary people can only sit and wonder what the horror of it would be like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

"Yet if two men who are involved in a sexual relationship go forward to adopt a child we are told now, that should be okay? I find that really hard to understand, intellectually. Why is it that it is okay but it is not okay for two brothers or two straight men? I think that's a legitimate point."
    It's not ok a brother and a sister John, or I'd imagine, a heterosexual man and woman who are not in a relationship.
    Why does he always insist on dragging incest into it?

Advertisement