Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby...2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

apart from the length of the demo and the graphics (that most of us knew werent exactly amazing), what is the gameplay like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

CMpunked wrote: »
    apart from the length of the demo and the graphics (that most of us knew werent exactly amazing), what is the gameplay like?

same as Rugby 08 (poor) i'm waiting for RC11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i like the demo a bit short yes but good
    controls arent too hard to learn.

graphics look fine to me.

ye guy do realize that this game would have nothing like the budget for fifa right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Gameplay looks absolutely identical to the last generation, I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

i think it looks pretty good! ill be getting it for the craic anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ye guy do realize that this game would have nothing like the budget for fifa right

yep but thats no excuse for puting out a game that is a reskin of rugby 08 with less teams and with no real improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I played it last night for about 5 min and deleted it. Terrible stuff. Graphics look no better than an iphone, Gameplay is too simplistic for a Rugby game. I was 14 points up against England in the match after 2 min ! Stupidly easy.
    AVOID (although it might be fun 2 player)

I played it last night for about 5 min and deleted it. Terrible stuff. Graphics look no better than an iphone, Gameplay is too simplistic for a Rugby game. I was 14 points up against England in the match after 2 min ! Stupidly easy.
    AVOID (although it might be fun 2 player)

that was always the Problem with EA rugby, the defences were useless, short pass, long pass, sprint around cover to score a try, repeat until 70 points in the lead.

Until you played New Zealand or Australia in when it was a case of suddenly being tackled into oblivion and then watching their the Comp Players sprinting down field just short of the speed of light whist offloading 4 or 5 times to score a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvnNxnLYFI&feature=feedu

is this the same game?.. because this looks better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvnNxnLYFI&feature=feedu

is this the same game?.. because this looks better?

Nah it's a different game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

One of the big problems with the demo is that you can only play AI on Easy...No indication of challenge of final game. My tactic - set up ruck, select the "Miss" play and fire it out to 'A' (X for PS3 users). The player marked 'Y' (Triangle) may also have the space. Supporting runners don't help but you can just rinse and repeat...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Rugby Challenge looks much better

Rugby chalenge looks interesting, particulalry like the mechanic for kicking from hand during play because it was useless in EA and the option to use different binds at rucks means it might play like more of a contest and allow for different styles of play.

Looks like a more varied game generally where EA rugby was the same match over and over again.

Of course it could play like a total pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

As bad as that demo is, I still find myself playing it.

Just goes to show that I would frikken LOVE a good game to come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The demo is fecking terrible. I didn't do anything fancy, just passed,ran and scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Yeah tis terrible.
    Idiots to only allow you "Easy" opponents. No idea if the AI is smarter at higher levels or as hapless.

Graphically? Terrible but nothing that would distract me, if the gameplay were up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Graphics dont bother me at all, some of the best lookiung games were the ****ing worst(Final fantasy 13)

But the demo is supposed to be of game play. I could be drunk and brain damaged and still beat the comp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It's boring, just running around the other team. The commentating is poor too despite the big guns. In my house we have a rule for the demo: All tries scored must be off kicks. It spices things up a little bit. Without that rule I often score 56 points in the 5 minutes.

A poor game, bring on rugby challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Rugby 08+4

What have they been doing for the last 2 years?

The demo is fecking terrible. I didn't do anything fancy, just passed,ran and scored.

Remind me of something from the old Lomu game....

Pass to Lomu.... ''LOMUUUUUUUUUUUU'' as you just power down the pitch

EDIT: Haven't played the game, just going by how you said it was as simple as just passing it then running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Awful, awful demo.

Rugby 08 on the ps2 had better graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just downloading this now, no great expectations though.

Pity they only let you play a half and only choose between two teams. Should do it like the FIFA games, several different teams and a full game, as well as different difficulties. Allows you to see how different teams play.

Rugby 2008 may get a run out anocht as well:p

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Gents, Rugby Challenge is where it's at. WCR doesn't even have the license for Austrailia or NZ.

Rugby Challenge is made by a rugby country - NZ.
    WCR is made in Canada.

I'm not saying where it's made has anything to do with it only that I think I'd rather my game made by people surrouded by a huge rugby culture all their lives.

005.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there/will there any type of manager mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Hopefully a proper one, not that World League thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Played the demo today quite a bit. I'm quite disappointed, as others have said so so so easy. I don't mind the graphics etc too much as it's all about the play and unfortunately it's quite lacking.

I can't put it down though, the thrill of being able to play a "modern" rugby game is amazing... I really can't wait for Rugby Challenge. I really hope that lives up to expectations

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Nope.

Advertisement