Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby...2012

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Is there any truth to the rumours of a new rugby game coming out for 360???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kevint30 wrote: »
    apparently theres this new thing on the internet called search engines...there a new up and coming one called google....if you can find this fabled thing it might have the answers you are searching for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Raze your an awful bollix:D but yes google would be your best bet I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kevint30 wrote: »

It is two actually a Rugby World Cup game is out August 26th & another game called Rugby Challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Heard there's button mashing involved in the game...thats me turned off it.

bastados wrote: »
    Heard there's button mashing involved in the game...thats me turned off it.
    To win the scrums iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I really hope there is.
    EA sports games have developed quite brilliantly since the last rugby game.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I really hope there is.
    Just publishers afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CMpunked wrote: »
    I really hope there is.

as far as i know EA have nothing to do with the new Rugby game

http://www.rwc2011game.com/

its being developed by HB studios and published by 505 games

official discussion is here
    http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/

there is also a facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

oh and this game has exclusive IRFU rights
    HB STUDIOS HOLD EXCLUSIVE IRFU LICENCE FOR OFFICIAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 VIDEOGAME

Milton Keynes, UK – [07, July 2011] – Further to the announcement of the forthcoming release of Rugby World Cup 2011 on 26th August, international publisher 505 Games and developer HB studios have today announced the games exclusive partnership with the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU). The official licensing agreement grants the exclusive use of the Rugby World Cup 2011 Ireland team strip, emblem, many player likenesses, and the Home of Irish Rugby in Dublin, within the game. With further licensing deals to be announced in due course, Rugby World Cup 2011 will be the authentic rugby gaming experience this summer.

Rugby World Cup 2011 is the official game of Rugby World Cup 2011 in New Zealand and HB studios and 505 Games have been granted the exclusive rights for the Tournament’s official game by Rugby World Cup Limited. “From a developer perspective, working with an official license always opens doors on the way to creating a more immersive gaming experience,” commented Alastair Jarvis, General Manager at HB studios. “At HB, we feel uniquely placed when it comes to rugby game development, and tying up a deal such as this only makes our dream of creating the definitive, authentic rugby title achievable.”

The first rugby title on this generation of consoles, Rugby World Cup 2011 will feature the Home of Irish Rugby, as one of its many showpiece stadia. Many player likenesses for the Irish squad have been secured and implemented into the game with HD presentation detail extending to the inclusion of thigh tape, wrist tape, finger tape and scrum caps.

Rugby World Cup 2011 will challenge players to pick from the 20 Rugby World Cup 2011 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup. National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.“As with any sports title, we feel authenticity is key with Rugby World Cup 2011, and with that in mind, the involvement of the IRFU was an essential element of this title,” commented Ian Howe, President, 505 Games “With further partnerships yet to be announced, we’re confident rugby fans from around the world will be impressed with the roster of likenesses and stadia within the game.”

Padraig Power, IRFU Commercial and Marketing Director commented, “We are delighted to be involved in this project. The Irish rugby brand is very strong at the moment and this game brings our Team, our brand and our sport to new markets and new supporters. We hope all Irish rugby supporters enjoy it immensely!”

Rugby World Cup 2011 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on August 26th 2011. For more information, please visit the official website at www.rwc2011game.com and facebook.com/rwc2011game

-ENDS-

About HB Studios.

HB Studios is the largest video game developer in Atlantic Canada. Founded in July 2000, HB has shipped 32 titles with over 200 SKUs across Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation®Portable, Windows PC and PlayStation®2 selling more than 17.5 million units. For more information, please visit http://www.hb-studios.com/

About 505 Games

505 Games is a global publisher of video games, publishing games for all ages across multiple platforms including, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and DS, Windows PC, Facebook, iPhone®, Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and PlayStation®Network.

505 Games has offices in key territories around the world to publish and distribute its library of successful titles which include ArmA II, IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Cooking Mama World series, Naughty Bear, Backbreaker and Zumba Fitness.

505 Games is headquartered in Milton Keynes – UK, with international offices in Lyon (France), Munich (Germany), Milan (Italy), Madrid (Spain) and Los Angeles (U.S.A). A further network of key distribution partners based in Nordic territories and Australia enable global distribution of 505’s titles.

To see the latest releases, news and more about 505 Games go to: www.505games.co.uk

About Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup is the crown jewel of the sport and a prominent global property – with television coverage of Rugby World Cup 2007 spanning more than 200 territories, reaching a cumulative audience of 4 billion viewers. Rugby World Cup 2011 is being held in New Zealand for the first time since the inaugural event in 1987. Teams representing 20 nations will compete in 48 matches across 12 Host Cities between 9 September and 23 October 2011.

www.rugbyworldcup.com.

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/rugby-world-cup-2011-official-game/hb-studios-convert-irfu-license/169441289788123

i deffently picking this up when i get home from my holidays in September

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

I'm really looking forward to this game, ive been crying out for a new rugby game with years!!

Quick search of Youtube tells me there is STILL no game-play footage.

For games meant to be out in a few weeks that's not very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

At first i was like.. "Ooooooh! Nice!"

269417_169443589787893_143146185750967_430252_811628_n.jpg

But then i: ".....Ah."

261212_169443626454556_143146185750967_430254_346889_n.jpg

i dont see your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I hope its good!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The character models remind me of the GAA games :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mega Chin wrote: »
    The character models remind me of the GAA games :/

Just what I thought:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like a small step up from PS2 graphics. Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id forgo on the graphics as long as the gameplay is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hogzy wrote: »
    Id forgo on the graphics as long as the gameplay is good.

This^^

Which is why Rugby 08 still gets a go on the PS2 after a night out.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This^^

Which is why Rugby 08 still gets a go on the PS2 after a night out.

i agree graphics are nothing its gameplay that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just out gameplay footage

Looks like a crappy update of Rugby 08 which was crap in itself. Updated rosters and a bit of a touch up to the graphics. Animation remains the same as before - not very varied. And all the players still run after the ball like schoolkids playing soccer.

That's a trailer..... wouldn't call that gameplay footage myself.

I don't like the secrecy behind both of these games, meant to be out in a few weeks and neither have released gameplay footage :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Doesn't look great really, as if they had up rezed Rugby 06 (which was fun but limited, flawed and often nothing like a game of rugby). I was really hoping for a big step up in all visuals and accuracy and the fact that no gameplay footage has been released this close to launch makes me thing that its basically guaranteed to be a stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Looks really crap!

the attitude of some people on this site just drive me mad.

the video is about 45 seconds of gameplay and people are already dismissing it.

to me it looks fine

all that will matter is how the game plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Demo is out for Xbox now and for PS3 3rd Aug. Its getting pretty poor feedback on its facebook page.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Here's actual gameplay of me playing...

Bit disappointed as it wouldn't of killed them to make it a full match instead of ending it at half time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

horrible this game would look dated on a ps2

Advertisement