Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the furthest (farthest?) you've walked home drunk?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

eco2live wrote: »
    I headed out of town in the wrong direction locked at a time when there was about 3 taxis in Ireland. I am talking falling on your arse drunk.

I walked from town to finglas and realized that I was walking in the wrong direction. Sat on the ground for an hour in the frost and fell asleep. Woke up then in flitters and then walked home to Drimnagh. I thought I would never get home. It took about 5 hours in total between falling and sleeping, puking and staggering.

It was a good night though.

:D

four18 wrote: »
    Drumcondra to Skerries ! About 25 miles I think, at night, in January, in the rain,No smokes and I didnt get laid ! I sang Hotel California in my head the whole way !:)

Close the thread. This man knows what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

I will always walk home rather than take a taxi, find it clears the head a lot before hittin the pillow. I have walked 7 miles out in the country and was well sober by the time i got their

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

done the 6 miles from town (which town?) home 4 or 5 times, took me between 2 1/2 and 3 hours, dont know how anyone would do much more,
    anything over 10 miles, why bother walking? just sleep in a ditch somewhere and get a lift in the morning

from the top of ben nevis to a camp site a few miles away. not a good idea to bring whiskey hill walking.

While I have no experience, I'd say it's a better idea than not bringing it.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    The walk of shame from Lusk to Terenure was a biggy. Others include Sagart to same(which weirdly felt longer). I'd walk into and out of Dublin city centre regularly enough though. Like every second time I'm in town. Biggest I recall was like DEFTLEFTHAND's on a dark country road near 12 miles. really dumb on my part I should have just kipped under a hedge in a field(Ive done that. Not too bad really).

That's a fair step. Lusk is near Rush isn't it? If it's where I think it is, it's a fair step.

I will always walk home rather than take a taxi, find it clears the head a lot before hittin the pillow. I have walked 7 miles out in the country and was well sober by the time i got their

:eek:

Got their what?

\deliverance music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Georges Street to Deansgrange. Was about ten minutes away from home when I apparently sat on a bench-at 4am- and said 'I'm tired, I'm going to wait for the busses to start running.' Nevertheless, I soldiered on home after a few minutes. I get bored easily when drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

My two friends walked home from Tripod to Santry one night, off their faces, in high heels. They were so drunk they don't remember how long it took them, estimates range from two to four hours. They're sisters and the one minding the taxi money spent it on drink. Needless to say relations were strained for quite a while after that.

I was also on holiday in Switzerland with some friends in January. We all got locked in a pub, two of them had a fight and one of them started walking home. To Glinsk in Co. Galway. He surprisingly didn't succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

done the 6 miles from town (which town?) home 4 or 5 times, took me between 2 1/2 and 3 hours, dont know how anyone would do much more,
    anything over 10 miles, why bother walking? just sleep in a ditch somewhere and get a lift in the morning

Aww that knocks my five miles out. Though I did actually stop for a quick power nap outside some house. Nap included took me bout three hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Back when I was a student in Dublin, me and two mates walked from Dame St. to Santry after a night out, stopped at 2 or 3 chippers along the way to refuel. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

When I was 17 or 18 was up In Dublin for a night out. We went to the Stillorgan Park hotel and I blew all my money on booze. The friend I was staying with was in hatch Hall on lower leeson street. Not a clew where I was going, the lads had left me at this stage as I had pulled so asked the bouncer which way was Leeson street and headed off in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

sorry should have been "not a clue" in post above. Bit tired now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

stillorgan to rathmines completely locked, no money for a taxi
    oh god the pain in my legs, i was nearly crying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Once walked home from Quinns Dromcondra, to Clonskeagh, high on vodka and red bull......often used ta walk home from Coppers to Clonskeagh.

Always walk home from town whenever I haven't enough money for a taxi, is around three miles and takes about 1 1/2 hours drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

At Kinsale sevens about 3 years ago, four of my friends had to walk back from Kinsale to Cork city centre. Over 30 miles. Took them bloody ages

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Sallynoggin to Clontarf, Google reliably informs me that it was 17km-ish and took me 4 and a half hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fom oxegen to prosperous, still drunk, sun burnt, dry shaved at the thighs thanks to my mates and in flip flops.

Got lost a few times too. Took 7 ****in hours or so

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Started sober enough..buses were crawling along N4 due to crowds making their way to the park so I walked from Palmerstown to Island Bridge, met the gang then on into the Phoenix Park for a mostly standing 8 hourish day/night at the Red Hot Chili Peppers/Grooove Armada etc gig then walked to Bruxelles had a few, couldn't get a taxi so then walked to the far end of Ranelagh. Great day sore feet, funny times watching my fella at the time having to lie down several times along the route cos his feet were killing him. Probably not too many miles all told but over such a long day & a mad one the night before it went down as our "farthest".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I walked from the nightclub at Leopardstown race course to Walkinstown back in the day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Chocablock wrote: »
    At Kinsale sevens about 3 years ago, four of my friends had to walk back from Kinsale to Cork city centre. Over 30 miles. Took them bloody ages

Well maybe 20miles:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Wibbs wrote: »
    The walk of shame from Lusk to Terenure was a biggy. Others include Sagart to same(which weirdly felt longer). I'd walk into and out of Dublin city centre regularly enough though. Like every second time I'm in town. Biggest I recall was like DEFTLEFTHAND's on a dark country road near 12 miles. really dumb on my part I should have just kipped under a hedge in a field(Ive done that. Not too bad really).

Bloody hell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Spunge wrote: »
    stillorgan to rathmines completely locked, no money for a taxi
    oh god the pain in my legs, i was nearly crying

Thats not a bad old distance, Rathmines is a 30 min walk from town and is about the halfway point to Stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Westmoreland street to city west. Was a on a night out and got separated from mates after getting herself a taxi. Went to meet back up and realised herself had my wallet, mates had my coat and phone died as it rang when I was getting a call. Fecken freezing, but dam sober when I got home. Legs like tree trunks and to top it all off, I get home to my nice warm house to find the girlfriend had let herself in as she was worried. I begin to explain my journey and the fecken phone turned on.
    Since then it's a house key wraped in €20 in the Jonnie pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I was walking from Cobh to Malin Head. Got half way there and realised I was knackered and decided to turn back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Every night I was out in first year I walked from town back to Inchicore which isn't too bad. One day a couple of months back I walked from Liffey Valley to town out of sheer boredom which was an absolute **** of a walk.

Worst one I ever did was walked from a party in the far end of Crossabeg to Wexford town in the early hours when I was eighteen. There were eight of us though, and we had some craic in fairness.

I also once walked from somewhere in Germany to somewhere in Luxembourg. Can't even remember the place names but it felt ****ing long. Took in some immense scenery along the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

About 7-8km from town to Coolock every once in a while.

Longest (but without drink), was Dun Laoghaire to Coolock; 19km or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

from city centre to D7 area, to hospital, back to D7 area :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Completely and utterly obliviated? Drumcondra to Dame St, I dont remember a fang.
    I was completely pissed on O Connel St, sobering up by Phisborough and like a broke, soaking wet judge by Blanchardstown, I think thats 8Km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

St angela's college to strandhill 13-14 km.Was not to bad i suppose some nice scenery along the way and i got the ride

Advertisement