Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the furthest (farthest?) you've walked home drunk?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I walked home from Conway's on Parnell St. one night to Ballinteer. It made me realise that walking from Parnell St. is not the same as walking from Charlemont St.

I doubt it's my record, as I walked (read barged) straight home. Head down, and furious with myself, for blowing my taxi fare on two more delicious (sweet,sweet can Homer drool) pints.

My record, is probably from Tipperary (please don't ask) walking a girl home, and then having to double back (I thought I was in:().

But, it's possible, my best ever was "chasing the dragon".

i.e. walking the length and breadth of Dublin because I'd convinced myself that a certain Chinese take-away stayed open 24 hours.:o

So, AHers. What's the stupidest amount of miles you've ever gone?

Marathons for charity don't count.

Choco
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From Raheny into the woolshed for more pints however far that is..

Fair drunk that night:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Dublin city centre all the way out to Rathfarnham, via Rathmines or Rathgar ( depending on the drunken state ) was a regular walk for me when taxi's were scarce .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The point depot to Walkinstown road. . .I tell a lie, I eventually got a taxi at the iveah grounds, crumlin road. . .yup, a minute up the road!

Taxi deregulation ftw!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

9 miles, country roads. and lost my lighter, so no smoking. and new shoes, that were only fit for the bin after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Howth to Arbour Hill, shower and straight to college

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Ran all the way down yer Ma's leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Ranelagh to Coolock I think. Didn't feel it though, as a kid I was one of the many hundreds over the years who walked home from Malahide back in the day when the back bar in Gibney's had a reputation for being easier than most to get a pint in.

In Scotland, I once read the mountain rescue log that my mountaineering target for the day had been done by a lost drinker, heading from the hotel at one end of the valley to the town at the other. It's 10km, which is not much, but this is the route he took

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Downings to rathmullen

(for all you non Donegal people thats 30ish miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

somewhere on the south circular rd to phibsborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Wexford Street to Clondalkin and Ardamine to Gorey on dark winding country roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kinnitty to Roscrea which is about 10 miles on a dangerous country road. It was a very dark night with no moon and I was wearing dark clothes. Really stupid thing to do, the road is known for lethal driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I headed out of town in the wrong direction locked at a time when there was about 3 taxis in Ireland. I am talking falling on your arse drunk.

I walked from town to finglas and realized that I was walking in the wrong direction. Sat on the ground for an hour in the frost and fell asleep. Woke up then in flitters and then walked home to Drimnagh. I thought I would never get home. It took about 5 hours in total between falling and sleeping, puking and staggering.

It was a good night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

5 km 3 times. From UL to Limerick City!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Drumcondra to Skerries ! About 25 miles I think, at night, in January, in the rain,No smokes and I didnt get laid ! I sang Hotel California in my head the whole way !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I can beat that one Sir. LIT to Brookfield Halls, it was about 9 in the morning when I got to my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

From the pub, to her house, back past the pub on the way back to my house.

It was a long lonely drunk walk home.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Croke Park, after U2 in 1987, to Churchtown, about 7 miles, but hard on the feet when you've just danced the night away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

13 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

from the top of ben nevis to a camp site a few miles away. not a good idea to bring whiskey hill walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

5 milles but took me 7 hours, spent about 45mins looking at a dead badger and the maggots hanging outta him :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Same as myself, well Limerick city to UL in the lashings of rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

greenybaby wrote: »
    5 milles but took me 7 hours, spent about 45mins looking at a dead badger and the maggots hanging outta him :o

Still leaving you 6hrs 15 mins to do 5 miles....what else were you at??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

from the top of ben nevis to a camp site a few miles away. not a good idea to bring whiskey hill walking.
    At least you got laid on the top! :pac:

I think it was you who said you had sex on a mountain top.

Most for me is only about two miles. From a field near a friend's house to town.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The walk of shame from Lusk to Terenure was a biggy. Others include Sagart to same(which weirdly felt longer). I'd walk into and out of Dublin city centre regularly enough though. Like every second time I'm in town. Biggest I recall was like DEFTLEFTHAND's on a dark country road near 12 miles. really dumb on my part I should have just kipped under a hedge in a field(Ive done that. Not too bad really).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

About ten miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

6 Miles many times and also from Town to the outer part of Tallaght (The Garage out the Blessington Road). No idea how far that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

theteal wrote: »
    The point depot to Walkinstown road. . .I tell a lie, I eventually got a taxi at the iveah grounds, crumlin road. . .yup, a minute up the road!

Taxi deregulation ftw!

I walked from town on several occasions only to be met by taxi-drivers who wanted to take me from Dundrum to Ballinteer. After a walk like that!

I let the blood seep into my shoes.

Ernest Shackleton wouldn't have given them the pleasure.:mad::pac:

Ran all the way down yer Ma's leg

That doesn't even make any sense. Unless your daughter was the slapper I was nailing when I used her phone to ring me Ma to see if she knew any Taxi drivers.

FatherLen wrote: »
    somewhere on the south circular rd to phibsborough.

I hope you got lost a couple of times, or went looking for food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

From Dorset St to Rathmines quite a few times this year, from town to Sandyford Inst Estate once, that was particularly grim as I was drunkenly lost, fell asleep on a football pitch, only to realise upon waking soaked through at 7am that my house was the opposite side of the pitch (In fairness it was my 1st week in Dublin as a student)

Advertisement