Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most number of hours clocked up on a console rpg?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

jamescd wrote: »
    Just installed FFIX on the PS3 so that's up next for me when I get some free time.

your in for a treat man...imo its somewhere in the top 3 of the best FF games to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    A games developer has completed Dragon Quest IX after 773 hours. Now that's commitment. Reported on nintendolife (don't have a link).

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/07/dedicated_gamer_aces_dragon_quest_ix_after_773_hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

carbonkid wrote: »
    your in for a treat man...imo its somewhere in the top 3 of the best FF games to date.

Does FFX happen to be in that list as well ? Because I decided to give it a try first and now I can't stop playing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

When you hit 99 hours on FFVIII, I think the clock goes red to show that it is 100 plus hours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

RedXIV wrote: »
    The man's right, I took mine out to look at it and its maxed out at 99:59:59

Ah well, I guess we'll never know

Well its been a while, but I remember the game clock turning red and resetting to 0 after 99:59:59.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It doesn't reset to zero but does change colour and stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Well its been a while, but I remember the game clock turning red and resetting to 0 after 99:59:59.

Mine is just stopped? no colour change? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong then but it definitely doesn't reset back to 0.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Mine is just stopped? no colour change? :confused:

I dunno.
    Thats how I remember playing the PS1 version.
    Googling is not delivering anything consistent....

I probably still have the save on my old ps1 card, but i don't have the game anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I remember the clock turning red and counting up on FFVIII after 100 hours, so 100+ hours on that is my most :)

Edit: http://www.funtrivia.com/en/VideoGames/Final-Fantasy-VIII-12249.html link there saying it too

Actually still have PS1 and FFVIII here, I could check myself and screenshot it if you want :) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I dunno.
    Thats how I remember playing the PS1 version.
    Googling is not delivering anything consistent....

I probably still have the save on my old ps1 card, but i don't have the game anymore.

Mine is on the psp so maybe thats different. its odd because I thought the colour changing sounded familiar....

For the sake of my curiosity, docdolittle, if you want to check again, that'd be good!

I remember the clock turning red and counting up on FFVIII after 100 hours, so 100+ hours on that is my most :)

Edit: http://www.funtrivia.com/en/VideoGames/Final-Fantasy-VIII-12249.html link there saying it too

Actually still have PS1 and FFVIII here, I could check myself and screenshot it if you want :) :P

Go for it.
    Unless it takes 100+ hours of your time....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

FFVII
    Playthroughs usually hit around 40-50 hours.

FFVIII
    Very first save file is currently at around 80 hours. Damn card game!

FFIX
    First one I played through repeatedly. 94 hours. Finding all of Quina's abilities, and frog catching, and defeating Ozma, and chocographs, and basically every sidequest I could find. The days before the internet in my house.

FFX
    80-90 hours. SO MUCH BLITZBALL.

FFXII
    74. 8-10 of which were Yiazmat.

FFXIII
    50-60. Still havent beaten all the missions.

Everything on gamefaqs including the faq writers say the clock in FFVIII stops at 99.59 and it's how I remember it.

Advertisement