Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Guys, could someone please explain how a theme via check ROM gets applied?

I've downloaded ics theme, coped to sd card, installed zip from sd card, but still get boot loops:confused:

Am I missing something?

Surely its gotta be easy, but it seems to have me beat!

On sgs2, v6 check ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Ghandee wrote: »

I've downloaded ics theme, coped to sd card, installed zip from sd card, but still get boot loops:confused:

Am I missing something?

On sgs2, v6 check ROM.

Install the 'theme restore' zip first from the theme section and reboot the phone, then reboot back into clockwork and flash the ics theme, voila. (Give the ics theme a few minutes to boot, it seems to load a lot of stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

griffdaddy wrote: »

Am I missing something?

On sgs2, v6 check ROM.

Install the 'theme restore' zip first from the theme section and reboot the phone, then reboot back into clockwork and flash the ics theme, voila. (Give the ics theme a few minutes to boot, it seems to load a lot of stuff)

Did you wipe dalvik cache?

ChriisM wrote: »

Ugh.....

Downloaded The theme restore, installed from sd card, rebooted phone, back to cwm, installed ics package from zip.

Phone rebooted with ics boot up, next thing, no notification bar, lost ability to turn off phone, every application I attempted to start up resulted in a fc.

Rebooted into cwm after about ten attempts, wiped cache, wiped dalvic cache, reinstalled everything, but to no avail.

Had to resort to doing a restore to get the phone to function again. :confused:

Ugh.....

Downloaded The theme restore, installed from sd card, rebooted phone, back to cwm, installed ics package from zip.

Phone rebooted with ics boot up, next thing, no notification bar, lost ability to turn off phone, every application I attempted to start up resulted in a fc.

Rebooted into cwm after about ten attempts, wiped cache, wiped dalvic cache, reinstalled everything, but to no avail.

Had to resort to doing a restore to get the phone to function again. :confused:

That happened to me before, did you see if it was compatible with your baseband? (xxkpa,ki4,kk5 etc) and secondly was putt an odexed them or a deodexed?

• Advertisement

That happened to me before, did you see if it was compatible with your baseband? (xxkpa,ki4,kk5 etc) and secondly was putt an odexed them or a deodexed?

Thanks for the reply ChriisM

How do I check if it is odexed/deodexed?

Man, I've been flashing ROM's?Kernels and themes for almost 2 years now, rooted/unbranded lots of stuff, but this has me STUMPED!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Thanks for the reply ChriisM

How do I check if it is odexed/deodexed?

Man, I've been flashing ROM's?Kernels and themes for almost 2 years now, rooted/unbranded lots of stuff, but this has me STUMPED!
    Excuse me if I have mixed up 2 different ROMs but doesnt CheckROM come with kitchenpro which you then use to install themes??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is there any professionals that root phone in general namely the galaxy s2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Headshot wrote: »

how do u mean???

massy086 wrote: »
    how do u mean???

Like you have shops that unlocked phones, so do any of them cater for rooting too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Would you not just do it yourself Headshot? I'm sure most shops that unlock the S2 root it first anyway and then get rid of the yellow triangle

Id sure as hell would love to open a shop to cater for that, it's extremely simple to root the gs2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Id sure as hell would love to open a shop to cater for that, it's extremely simple to root the gs2

Is it possible/in any way likely that the phone will be bricked in the process? Might give it a go.

Would you not just do it yourself Headshot? I'm sure most shops that unlock the S2 root it first anyway and then get rid of the yellow triangle

Tbh I'd be worried about doing anything to it. I paid so much for the phone and if something happened to it because of me if be gutted

Tbh I'd be worried about doing anything to it. I paid so much for the phone and if something happened to it because of me if be gutted

Its very easy.

Where you situated?

Its very easy.

Where you situated?

Tipperary

Id put my house on it that your Dublin:pac:

Tipperary

Kildare! (when do I move in?)

Tipperary

Kildare! (when do I move in?)

Well done on your new house ;)

Anyway , rooting you're galaxy s2 literally takes 8 to 10 seconds. What firmware base are you on atm?

Anyway , rooting you're galaxy s2 literally takes 8 to 10 seconds. What firmware base are you on atm?

kernel version is I9100xwkI8

that what you want? :)

kernel version is I9100xwkI8

that what you want? :)

Yeah that's it, very easy. New enough. So are you thinking of trying out your self? I could wall you trough it if you wanted

• Advertisement

Yeah that's it, very easy. New enough. So are you thinking of trying out your self? I could wall you trough it if you wanted

you know if some kind soul can provide a video of rooting my phone and some decent walkthrough

Ill have a read and see will I do it

you know if some kind soul can provide a video of rooting my phone and some decent walkthrough

Ill have a read and see will I do it

I've done walk troughs on how to root your phone when I did my ics tutorials exact same for gingerbread

what? lol

what ya think of this method

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Is it possible to put a "USB tethering" short-cut on the home screen? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Looking for some advice from people in the know! If you have a moment to look at my set up and advise me where to go. Last week or two my battery drain has been crazy and looking for a change.

Android version: 2.3.6
    Baseband version: I9100XXKI4
    Kernel: 2.6.35.14-Siyah-v2.3+gm@ubuntu
    Build: CheckRom RevoHD V4

In particular I think the wifi is causing an enormous battery drain. Any suggestions for a better set up? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Vikings wrote: »
    Looking for some advice from people in the know! If you have a moment to look at my set up and advise me where to go. Last week or two my battery drain has been crazy and looking for a change.

Android version: 2.3.6
    Baseband version: I9100XXKI4
    Kernel: 2.6.35.14-Siyah-v2.3+gm@ubuntu
    Build: CheckRom RevoHD V4

In particular I think the wifi is causing an enormous battery drain. Any suggestions for a better set up? Thanks!

Try KI3 instead, seems to be the best modem for me battery wise. I also quite liked Speedmod k19 but am getting some decent results from the most up to date Siyah kernel.

what ya think of this method

That a good way of rooting the phone lads? :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Does anyone know the right Pershoot Kernel for Task650 Rom? I've bricked my tablet twice already with wrong versions I thought were right. Can't ask in xda thread as I don't have the post count.

Advertisement