Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula One rights 'wanted by Channel 4'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

shame about eddie irvine though (every grid walk he does is like watching a new episode of curb your enthusiasm :pac: ).

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

lord lucan wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

mega facepalm time!!!!!! :o i shall run out of this thread with my tail between my legs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mike65 wrote: »
    Victory for the people in the cheap seats! :p Just pull the card from your Sky box and go FTA for the afternoon.

Victory? The BBC is the cheap seats. Not only that, its a highly polished high quality presentation of F1 from FP1 to the post race Forum...all without a sniff of an ad break. Saying goodbye to that is no victory for the cheap seats.
    Brundle & Coulthard are on their way to becoming the finest commentary team in any major sport

A shocking statement. Brundle yes, but not the other fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Obviously BBC is best but imagine if SKY did get hold of F1, okay it would be in 3D but I'd never pay to watch it, like the golf, like the cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mike65 wrote: »
    Obviously BBC is best but imagine if SKY did get hold of F1, okay it would be in 3D but I'd never pay to watch it, like the golf, like the cricket.

Fully agree. The only difference with C4/5 is that it will remain free via freesat...an ad riddled mess, but free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Channels 4 and 5 were probably never really in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

EnterNow wrote: »

A shocking statement. Brundle yes, but not the other fella.

I rate coulthard I must say... he's learning the ropes, but i think he has shown some good insight especially with the more modern cars that Brundle wouldnt necessarily have.

ok they sometimes sound like two colour commentators, but i think they will improve as they get used to eachother, (might not happen with sky now)

Advertisement