Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

My bike clock randomly reads 4.9km/h is this interference from RF devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

km991148 wrote: »
    might be a ridiculous question.. but would a bike stand fit in a backpack?

I am guessing the weight is arount 5kg an lenght of packaging 50cm? is that way out?

it was a ridiculous question.. 90cm box, weighs closer to 10kg.. glad I never went with it and took the luas!

was in Rathmines at 8 and by 8:20 around half of 30 gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a load of stands in tralee at 8 but id say they wont last long, a crowd of people stormed to the bike stuff and nothing else :D computer seems fairly decent as well, soon as i figure out if my speed is right, does it make a difference where you have the sensor and magnet (near hub or out near rim?)

a load of stands in tralee at 8 but id say they wont last long, a crowd of people stormed to the bike stuff and nothing else :D computer seems fairly decent as well, soon as i figure out if my speed is right, does it make a difference where you have the sensor and magnet (near hub or out near rim?)

I don't think so just as long as it's '2mm' gap between them. Though from experience you can usually have more space!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Shouldn't do. The speed is calculated based on the wheel circumference and time between revolutions, not the distance the magnet travels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Got the bike stand in glasnevin plenty left wasn't a sinner in the place. Bout 9.30

lets see how fast i can get my xc bike today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Just back from Coolock where I got one of the stands. About 20 left.
    Picked up cycling trousers and sports socks as well. Loads left. The stands seem to be the most popular item.

lets see how fast i can get my xc bike today :)

Find a big hill and pedal like mad! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

a load of stands in tralee at 8 but id say they wont last long, a crowd of people stormed to the bike stuff and nothing else :D

Post-Ring of Kerry effect?

Loads of stands left in Grange Rd, Ballinteer (Dublin) this morning at about nine. Though I was one of three purchasing same at the time. Forget about trying to fit it in a backpack, by the way.

• Advertisement

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Find a big hill and pedal like mad! :pac:

ive just the mountain for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Loads of stands (minus 1) in Portlaoise, along with plenty of the other bike stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

lots left in Clonmel. Picked up stand, vest and puncture canister.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Plenty of stands left in Balbriggan. Picked one up for myself along with the canister and cheapo lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm heading up to Rathmines at one o'clock to pick up the bike stand.

Anyone on here been up there in the last hour or so?

Wondering was there any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

Picked the bike workstand up in ballincollig at 9 this morning. They had a about 30 on display and only one other person picked one up while i was in there. Unit looks well made and of a good quality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just bought the bike stand in Rathfarnham - plenty there too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Got the puncture canister as well as the minipump - lots of stands left at 8.45am in Dundalk.

What does the puncture canister actually do? I picked it up on a whim and threw it into the saddle bag - is it only for emergency puncture-repair purposes - do you need to bin the tube afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Bought the stand, baselayer and 3/4 length tights in Pottery Road this morning and there were plenty there. First two are great value but the tights are a bit pants! The insert is bit like a big nappy and doesn't sit properly and will be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

Loads of stands left in Lidl Moore Street just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

De Bhál wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Rathmines at one o'clock to pick up the bike stand.

Anyone on here been up there in the last hour or so?

Wondering was there any left.

no stands left in Rathmines. I asked staff and nothing out back either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My very wonderful wife just picked a stand up for me in the Grange road shop, some still left there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

One less bike stand in Blanch according to Mrs Rat...

Probably mean's I'll have to start doing more bike maintenance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

There were 12 work-stands left in Cork St as of 5pm this evening. Also, plenty of cycle computers but the clothing was mostly limited to Large and XL sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

got the computer really good for 8e :D
    took a pass on the bike stand this time! maby next time they come around ill treat myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Got the stand and the base layer in Coolock early this morning. Finally got a very good stand for a bargin basement price having missed it the last time around :D

The base layer feels great when it's on. Looking forward to trying it out with all its "technology" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There were still a tonne of workstands in Rathfarnham at closing time last night, probably around 20. The stuff in general doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves, so probably no harm to wander down and have a look if you were worried that you missed these.

Haven't opened the workstand yet, but it's a heavy mofo. Not sure if I'll have room to use it at home, but for €35 you can't really go wrong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What does the puncture canister actually do? I picked it up on a whim and threw it into the saddle bag - is it only for emergency puncture-repair purposes - do you need to bin the tube afterwards?

Good question. I just assumed it would be grand. Anyone who's actually used one know?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've only used one for motorcycles. Afaik, it effectively puts a "coat" on the side of the tube to hold the air in. It's only a temporary fix as this "coat" will dissolve and degrade over time. So you'll have to patch the tube when you get home. There should be no real problem with reusing the tube, though the air from the can will likely be flammable. So remember not to smoke while fixing a puncture on that tube in future!

I would be surprised though if it's any good for road wheels, as IMO unless you can get the tyre up to 80PSI, you won't be able to go more than 1 or 2km without getting a pinch flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Got a bike stand in Lidl on the Headford road in Galway when they opened at 8am. They had about 35 on display at that time. I haven't opened the box yet to see what it's like.

I got a baselayer vest as well and it seems pretty decent.

I assembled the bike stand last night, it was done in 2 minutes.
    I am absolutely delighted with it. It's very sturdy and for €35 it's a fantastic bargain.
    Oh, and the baselayer vest is really good too!

Advertisement