Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

He's very touchy on the fact that he's a mormon, and he avoids the subject whenever he can. I wonder why?

Sarky wrote: »
    "I turn to my partner, who has become a sunken-eyed wraith. She pulls the scab that was once my face off and we laugh"

This may be the greatest hashtag in the history of mankind.

I find Governor Christie encased in a grotesque, chitinous cocoon. "It's too late for me…" he moans, eyeing my blade.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A nice collection of "Mittisms" I found on Liverpool website "RAWK":

"Tomorrow we begin a new tomorrow." –Mitt Romney on his final day of campaigning, Nov. 5, 2012

"Syria is Iran's only ally in the Arab world. It's their route to the sea." –Mitt Romney during the third presidential debate. In fact, Iran and Syria do not share a border and Iran has direct access to international waters through its large coastline on the Gulf. (Oct. 22, 2012)

"No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised." —Mitt Romney, speaking about his Michigan roots during a rally in Commerce, Michigan, Aug. 24, 2012

"We use Ann sparingly right now so that people don't get tired of her." –Mitt Romney, referring to his wife while speaking to a room of wealthy donors in Florida, May 17, 2012

"We have a potentially volatile situation but we sort of live with it, and we kick the ball down the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and resolve it." –Mitt Romney, talking about his plan for the Middle East in leaked comments from a Florida fundraiser, May 17 2012

"I think the best answer is as little as possible." –Mitt Romney, when asked what he wears to bed at night, interview with ABC's "LIVE! with Kelly and Michael," Sept. 14, 2012

"The embassy in Cairo put out a statement after their grounds had been breached. ... An apology for America’s values is never the right course. ... The statement that came from the administration was — was a statement which is akin to apology and I think was a — a severe miscalculation." –Mitt Romney, attempting to politicize the killings of American diplomats in Libya by falsely accusing President Obama of apologizing for America and getting the facts of the situation backwards (Sept. 12, 2012)

"Is $100,000 middle income?" -George Stephanopoulos
    "No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less." -Mitt Romney, ABC's "Good Morning America," Sept. 14, 2012

"When you give a speech you don't go through a laundry list, you talk about the things that you think are important." –Mitt Romney, when asked about failing to mention the troops in his nomination speech at the Republican National Convention, Fox News interview (Sept. 7, 2012)

"Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan." –Mitt Romney, committing a gaffe while introducing his running mate, Norfolk, Va., Aug. 11, 2012

"He [Obama] says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." —Mitt Romney at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa, June 8, 2012

"I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry's come back." –Mitt Romney, on the American auto industry, despite having written a New York Times op-ed in 2008 titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," in which he said if GM, Ford and Chrysler got a government bailout "you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye"

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

"[My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs." –Mitt Romney, campaigning for president in Michigan (February 2012)

"I'll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? $10,000 bet?" –Mitt Romney, attempting to make a wager with Rick Perry during a Republican presidential debate to settle a disagreement about health care (December 2011)

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." —Mitt Romney in 2007, responding to criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals following revelations that he had once put the family dog in a carrier and strapped it to the roof of his car during a 12-hour road trip

"I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners." —Mitt Romney, after being asked whether he follows NASCAR racing (February 2012)

"There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip" –Mitt Romney, attempting to identify with the problems of average folk (January 2012)

"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. No, no. They came from the local 7/11 bakery, or whatever." —Mitt Romney, visiting a local bakery while campaigning in Pittsburgh, PA, April 17, 2012 (The owner of the baker later told MSNBC he was offended by Romney's remarks.)

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks." —Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)

"We have a president, who I think is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps." —Mitt Romney, who has two Harvard degrees (April 5, 2012)

"I love this state. The trees are the right height." —Mitt Romney, campaigning in Michigan (February 2012)

"I'm running for office for Pete's sake, we can't have illegals" –Mitt Romney, recalling his reaction when he learned that there were illegal aliens working the ground on his property, employed by a firm that he subsequently fired (October 2011)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

"It's not worth moving heaven and earth, spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2007 about killing Osama bin Laden

"Who let the dogs out? Who, who." –Mitt Romney, during an awkward photo op with a group of African Americans kids at a Martin Luther King Day parade (January 2008)

"I'm Wolf Blitzer and yes, that's my real name." —CNN's Wolf Blitzer at the beginning of a November 2011 Republican presidential debate
    "I'm Mitt Romney—and yes Wolf, that's also my first name." —Mitt Romney, getting his own name wrong (his first name is "Willard," and his middle name is "Mitt")

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012)

Gawd elp us all if he gets in!

The lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.

It really says an awful lot about what's wrong with the US. They could fix all this ****e in a generation if they really got their **** together with a proper fact offensive in education. There's no way that many people are that stupid or greedy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Proving He’s Not Fit to Lead, Romney Blames Others for His Failure

Mitt is not an impressive man.

http://www.politicususa.com/proving-fit-lead-romney-blames-failure.html
    The numbers don’t look so great for Romney right now. No matter what the spin is out there about a close race, this race isn’t close if you go state by state, as the Obama campaign figured out long ago.

Unable to deny these numbers internally, even as they spin to win, Romney surrogates are busy blaming Hurricane Sandy and Chris Christie, which is really the perfect way for them to flame out. It’s sort of like when you break up with someone because you just don’t trust them, and after you break up with them they prove you more right than you could have imagined.

Romney has never been a good candidate. Not only was he never loved by his own base and not only did he have to steal wins in the primaries, but he has completely changed what he stands for in the interim. He’s a constant and chaotic rewrite that his own campaign couldn’t keep up with. Romney never did release his tax returns (we got bits and pieces of two years of amended returns or returns they admitted were manipulated to pay more in taxes). He never did do the math for his Bush on steroids tax plan. He was outed as holding half the country in contempt. He made Sarah Palin look like a knowledgeable candidate on his summer foreign relations disaster tour.

Romney won’t give interviews or answer questions. During his entire summer of gaffes tour, he only answered 6 questions from the press. His campaign shut down all that “access” when the candidate proved his own worst enemy. Then he deployed his wife Ann as his “secret weapon” only to learn that her whining and imperial attitudes rendered her a weapon of mass campaign destruction. Who can forget “this is hard” as Americans starved or her suggestions that her husband had sort of served in the military by living lavishly in Paris while others died in the war he actively supported.

There was “Russia is our number one geopolitical foe” and putting words in the Australian Foreign Minister’s mouth in order to attack Obama. Romney managed to get the Palestinians and the Israelis to agree on one thing: He is a racist. That was after he insulted the British and left England in a flurry of humiliating headlines best remembered for their scathing beat down of his clownery. He was compared unfavorably to Sarah Palin and called a twit. Crowds mocked him.

Then we got Romney’s binders full of women, general misogyny, “if she’s going to work” tells and him standing by the man who said pregnancy from rape was a gift from God. Not cool. There was his Obamacare slur that got him booed by the NAACP. His busing in of black people to attend that rally. His fear of the ladies on The View. His temper tantrums like the one he aimed at the poor Univsion producers. There was his failure to mention the troops at the convention and then the doubling down that he mentioned what was “important.” Still wondering why he doesn’t do interviews anymore?

Oh, and Romney’s greatest achievement this cycle — lying so dangerously about auto production being moved to China that he forced GM and Chrylser to correct him on the record, over and over and over again. He’s still telling that lie. So it should be a given that seeing a potential fail on the horizon, Romney and his surrogates do what Republicans have come to do best. Blame others. They never look at their policies or candidates and think, gee, maybe we got it wrong. Nope.

It’s always everyone else’s fault. And so Chris Christie is being threatened that if Governor Romney wins, he won’t forget (nice mafia tone to that one) the betrayal of Christie helping his state and praising the President for a job well done for the people. So unfair of Christie to refuse to aid Romney in his delusions of grandeur. Doesn’t Christie know what really matters in this world? This is hard, Governor! And Sandy. Who knows what revenge the GOP has planned for Sandy for screwing them over so. Others lost lives and property but Sandy will be best remembered in Republican land as the unfair stealer of toys for the boys.

According to a PPP poll, Romney’s favorable ratings dropped by a net 7 points in the aftermath of Sandy, while Obama’s rose 6 points. While there’s no way of knowing if that drop is related specifically to the storm, perhaps instead of having a “relief” campaign rally staged with props as Sandy ravaged New Jersey, Romney could have acted presidential, even from the sidelines. Obama did it in 2008 when the financial crisis hit. Then candidate Obama proved himself worthy of leading by rolling up his sleeves and putting the country first. Sandy wasn’t destiny for Romney. He could have asked the Red Cross what they needed and set about really trying to make that happen instead of posing with canned goods the Red Cross said they didn’t want. He could have praised Christie and Obama and demonstrated his alleged bipartisanship. He could have taken the high road, but then, this is Mitt Romney.

There were options open to Romney that he chose to ignore. No, it wasn’t ideal for him as the challenger, but he could have made it work. Instead, he chose to make cheap shots from the sidelines while complaining about Chris Christie not being his bestie anymore. Maybe if Romney had treated Christie with a modicum of courtesy after he knew he was picking Ryan as his VP, Christie would have felt his loyalty had been returned. But no. Romney left Christie hanging. Another bad decision from Romney, but more than that, an indication that he doesn’t know how to build consensus and loyalty.

If Romney manages somehow to make magical math happen on Tuesday, surely he will take all of the credit. But should he fail, he will take none of the blame. That, in and of itself, should prove he’s unfit to lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I was shocked to discover that Romney and Obama were tying in Dixville *giggles at name* but they have a population of 12 so makes far more sense now.

• Advertisement

Here's Hans von Spakovsky, the creep who has made it his ambition to disenfranchise minority voters in the US. (likely to vote Obama)
    His name sounds like one of Adolf's henchmen, with a face to match.

hans-von-spakovsky-headshot.jpg

Article about him here.
    A Republican lawyer who served in the Bush Administration, he is now a senior legal fellow at the Heritage Foundation, the conservative think tank. “Hans is very, very helpful,” Engelbrecht said. “He’s one of the senior advisers on our advisory council.”

The Heritage Foundation has Rush Limbaugh on it's website, smiling. /clenches fist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

227394.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Here's Hans von Spakovsky, the creep who has made it his ambition to disenfranchise minority voters in the US. (likely to vote Obama)
    His name sounds like one of Adolf's henchmen, with a face to match.

hans-von-spakovsky-headshot.jpg

Article about him here.

The Heritage Foundation has Rush Limbaugh on it's website, smiling. /clenches fist

He does have a touch of the '....living under a different name in Argentina...' about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,014 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

227394.png

Soon it'll be Goodbye Mitty! :p

There is no future for Boards as long as it stays on the complete toss that is the Vanilla "platform", we've given those Canadian twats far more chances than they deserve.

BTW, this isn't a joke.
    Thank you for those who prayed
    11/6/12 | Blogger
    Posted on Wed Nov 07 2012 04:53:30 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) by Blogger

Well, it is 11:42 and it appears that the answer to many of our prayers was "no." Not what we wanted to hear. Heartbreaking, but not surprising. A nation can not, after all, run around being completely unrepentant of murdering nearly 60 million babies and expect God to turn His head away forever. We also can not have a leader who would turn on God's chosen nation the way Obama has and expect for God's blessings to continue. Such would contradict Scripture - to which God is ultimately always faithful.

So where do we go? To our knees. Yet though He slay me, still will I trust Him. Where can we go but to the Lord? This is a very hard time. Our nation is gone. It is no longer America. Free stuff and fraud won. And God's people will no doubt face some very hard times.

But keep looking up. Nothing can happen without God's sovereign allowance. Even in this sorrow, He has a plan and it is for His glory and the good of His children. Perhaps to save our nation, which is what we have prayed, we must lose our nation. Don't know. But I know God is good. Heaven is real. And if we never get back what we lost, we have been blessed having had it. Love my Freeper friends. God bless the Free Republic, even if it's namesake no longer is.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2956154/posts

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I don't have Fox but by all accounts, Karl Rove made a tit of himself in the last few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well....far less likely to see war with Iran now. Plus Netanyahu will be pissed off, which is always good.

Saw a poll that showed most women had voted for Obama over Romney (I WONDER WHY) which I think was national.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,092 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I don't have Fox but by all accounts, Karl Rove made a tit of himself in the last few hours.
    The last few hours? Do you not mean the last few decades?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Peregrinus wrote: »
    The last few hours? Do you not mean the last few decades?

Not really he got Bush junior elected twice.

That's why he's called the Architect.

They should probably put him back in charge for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A little disappointed tbh, would have liked to see who won WWIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Ihma1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Now that Obama/Romney 2012 is done, I'm counting down the days until Biden/Trump 2016.

Donald Trump has gone batsh*t crazy. It's hilarious to watch. Some gems from his Twitter account lately:

The federal gov. has handled Sandy worse than Katrina. There is no excuse why people don't have electricity or fuel yet.

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

Why is Obama playing basketball today? That is why our country is in trouble!

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

In the middle of all this though, he decided to tweet about a more important issue:

I love show "Law and Order" but the @MRbelzer casting is the worst ever. No talent--unwatchable!

@MRbelzer is a stone cold loser with no talent--why did they ever put him on "Law and Order?"

Can we change the thread to just "Republican Fruitcakes" when the election stuff has calmed down? Trump having brain diarrhea for the next 4 years will be a joy to behold

Did Karl Rove really start speaking in tongues while his head rotated 720 degrees and vomiting ectoplasm?

Did Karl Rove really start speaking in tongues while his head rotated 720 degrees and vomiting ectoplasm?

No.

His speech was perfectly coherent while his head rotated 720 degrees and he was vomiting ectoplasm.

• Advertisement

From YLYL

23895_363265457098186_466925576_n.jpg

55Sl2.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the last time the republican party won a presidential election without a bush or richard nixon on the ticket was in 1928.

hence the interest in jeb bush for 2016, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Penn wrote: »
    Donald Trump has gone batsh*t crazy. It's hilarious to watch. Some gems from his Twitter account lately:

I honestly thought @RealDonaldTrump was a parody account until I saw the little checkmark that means it's him. Depressing, really.

I honestly thought @RealDonaldTrump was a parody account until I saw the little checkmark that means it's him. Depressing, really.

My tweet after his one about about global warming:
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually following a parody account of @realDonaldTrump. Turns out he's just a parody of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

pb-120130-campaign-roundup-02.photoblog900.jpg

Leftover Republican Presidential Fruitcake anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nodin wrote: »
    Saw a poll that showed most women had voted for Obama over Romney (I WONDER WHY) which I think was national.....
    They don't want to be in Romney's binder? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Just this:

527500_4858682232833_593715369_n.jpg

Oops, a bit big.....soz

I can't help feeling Obama missed a perfect opportunity to do this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It is rather amusing how wrong the news stations appear to have gotten the election in terms of it being a dead heat. What were the final electoral college numbers?

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It is rather amusing how wrong the news stations appear to have gotten the election in terms of it being a dead heat. What were the final electoral college numbers?

It's 303 to 206 at the minute. Actual votes being 58,779,121 to 56,518,209.

It was close because some of the key states which had a higher electoral college number value were too close to call. So in the case of Ohio, the vote was 2,672,302:2,571,539 to Obama, but Ohio alone is worth 18 electoral college numbers.

Advertisement