Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you hear about Boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Can't remember, probably looking for something about Ireland in Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A friend emailed me a link to the Funny GIFs, and the You Laugh You Lose threads. Spend months checking daily. Only bothered registering last month and haven't looked back since!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Whilst travelling an abandoned track one cold winter's morn, I happened upon a old man, clothes tattered and worn. 'OLD MAN,' I said, and he looked up at me, 'do not be afraid, tis knowledge I seek.' 'Knowledge?' he answered and he grinned toothlessly. 'Best keep the hell away from boards.ie'

So, yeah, um.... google.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I was looking for a new forum where I could stalk the mods, since I had been banned from the other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Boards approached me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Due to the array of topics here it probably came up when I was googling something.

As a teenager I would have hung around more archaic Irish message boards where the issue of heavy modding around here came up a lot so I waded into see what the story was and a good few people I know would have came here solely to troll and relay their experiences (this was long before trolling was a well known term). Had a much older user name that I can't remember now from 2006 or so.

At one point I recognised the top couple of user names in the "bastards" forum.

The modding isn't that bad after all. I'd still like to be able to call someone a c*** the odd time but hows never.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

well listening to biggins telling me about every post on here all the time it was bound to stick
    just thought i'd come see for myself....still get told everything about it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

They were on the radio discussing how all of the passwords of this site were stolen. So the logical thing to do was wait a year, and then sign up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

boards found me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Bunch of catch you next thursdays posted dumbass comments about me and I decided to join to deprive them of all the retro games on adverts,one month in and I bought some guys collection of US machines which pissed a few of them off,ever since I have lurked in the shadows waiting to strike again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A few of us used to chat through an old Irish Martial Arts discussion forum, then one by one the regulars dropped off and came over here.

The other forum closed soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Was jamming with a mate a few years ago and one day he walks in with a new bassist, asked him how he found the chap and he said through boards.
    Signed up a while after that...
    I like it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Junior cert forum. It provided great resources to help me cheat if I wanted to (of course I didn't, I swear garda)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was on here before it became Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Came on to read the poker forum, then branched out to the Prison Break forum I think. Eventually discovered the beautiful procrastination tool that is AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

You mean this..

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510223244/http://www.boards.ie/

Sorry,you'll have to take my word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

My brother told me about it. I dont think he posts here anymore. I dont even know his screen name :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Google Search Results,
    started viewing omne or two threads,
    Left.

Same Again Until...
    I SEEN SOMONE ON THE INTERNET WAS WRONG
    and I had to voice my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Few other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

heard about it from a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Constantly came up when I was doing google searches, figured I'd see what all the fuss was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

When I was doing my Leaving Cert mocks in 2008 I heard off a few friends in school that you could get the papers on Boards. That's the first time I ever saw the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

cousin was always banging on about it - so one day had to buy something and it was on adverts and ever since I've become an addict!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Constantly came up when I was doing google searches, figured I'd see what all the fuss was about.

^ This

Cant remember what I was looking for, but I followed a link here. I'm glad it did though in fairness. The site is useful, and it's good craic too :)

/ghey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I googled "I want to blast my boss with piss" and hey presto, Boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I sherpa once told me, whilst i was hiking the foothills of the himalayas

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Blatter wrote: »
    When I was doing my Leaving Cert mocks in 2008 I heard off a few friends in school that you could get the papers on Boards. That's the first time I ever saw the site.

same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Always saw it on google searches and it had the .ie so I liked the fact it was almost exclusively Irish.

After a couple of bans from the rugby forum I finally learned how not to just post threads but you could reply to other threads too :rolleyes:

I became hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

It's so long ago I honestly can't remember.

Been knocking round these here parts for a long time now :cool:

Was 2002 before the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

cml387 wrote: »
    You mean this..

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510223244/http://www.boards.ie/

Sorry,you'll have to take my word for it.

More like this...

http://web.archive.org/web/19981111185729/http://www.quake.ie/

The wwwboard part of the site doesn't look like it was ever archived though :(

Advertisement