Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you hear about Boards?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I have no idea why or how I heard about Boards. I can only assume it was via the Mrs who may have had a user name before me.

What got you using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It was always thrown up in google searches and I had the thirst for knowledge!.....or cat pictures or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

I think I heard about Boards on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Good ole Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It was always thrown up in google searches and I had the thirst for knowledge!.....or cat pictures or something..

On boards :eek:

its 4% fact 96 % opinion here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

On boards :eek:

its 4% fact 96 % opinion here :pac:

well whenever I was looking for info, google would throw up boards, lets not question the quality of the info I was looking for >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I believe I was looking for Irish message boards, and I made my account when I wanted to see the members' list! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No idea tbh, think I googled something, boards throws up a suprising amount of first google hits on really random topics

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Please OP, boards found me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I was looking for Floor Boards, fecking misleading URL's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

It was always my destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

in Soviet Russia, boards posts on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

--LOS-- wrote: »
    well whenever I was looking for info, google would throw up boards, lets not question the quality of the info I was looking for >_>

ooo it was that crdable you used it in a thesis didnt you :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I found it through the Irish CS scene back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

I heard about Boards through Google. I believe I was looking for reviews of hairdressers in Galway, long time ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I was linked to it in an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

through my nephew, he was 14 at the time and was the only other family member who had the internets back in the day (2001) He's now all grown up discovered booze and women and no longer posts. (he's also become a total waster..wtg boards!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Whenever I google most things alot of the search results are boards, it took me two years before I even started posting properly I was lurking alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I read about it... in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

leaving cert some lad in my class said u cud find the mocks on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

partyndbs wrote: »
    leaving cert some lad in my class said u cud find the mocks on here

lol no luck I take it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Kanoe wrote: »
    through my nephew, he was 14 at the time and was the only other family member who had the internets back in the day (2001) He's now all grown up discovered booze and women and no longer posts. (he's also become a total waster..wtg boards!)

*sniff, sniff*

I've never been so proud. :pac:

I discovered it through my brothers, they were members years ago,
    don't post any more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was looking for a forum to yap on and boards was in my head. Think I heard real life humming beans talking about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think i was looking for a VCR and my gf said there might be some on irish sites, referred me to boards' free stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Looking for what questions were going to come up in the mocks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Cant for the life of me remember how I found it but I've been using and abusing boards under various handles since 2000/2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Thought it was just an IT related forum at first and then relised there was more to it. Took a few weeks before I discovered AH. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Thought it was just an IT related forum at first and then realised there was more to it. Took a few weeks before I discovered AH. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

was looking for an irish chatroom/message board. the level of sarcasm and devilment seems to be lacking in other chatrooms/messgae boards not irish based. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I think I googled something about Luke Kelly and Boards popped up. I then registered and gave my opinion! I wish I could see my first post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Leaving Cert, came on looking for study tips for the history paper. Ended up with a C1 and an addiction to Boards!

Advertisement