Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus transformer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

machalla wrote: »
    I think different CPW shops were quoting different prices from what I've seen on here.

Possibly try one of the other shops and see what they quote. Mad, but whats new. If it was for June only they didn't advertise the fact very well.

Try CPW Jervis thats where I got mine for €399 (without the dock).

Is there a Carphone warehouse Jervis? Was told the nearest one was Henry St.

Are people still buying the transformer in Ireland,and if so, at what price where?

I started a thread on the Carphonewarehouse price shennanigans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

seeing_ie wrote: »
    Is there a Carphone warehouse Jervis? Was told the nearest one was Henry St.

Are people still buying the transformer in Ireland,and if so, at what price where?

I started a thread on the Carphonewarehouse price shennanigans here.

Yes you're right its the one on Henry street beside Jervis Street shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

At this stage it might be worth waiting a few weeks as the 3g version is due to hit the shelves in August. While you may not need or want 3g it might push down the price of the wifi only version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Got me Asus Tranformer last week. having come from iPad Gen1 i am very very happy. drag and drop was a major plus for moving files and videos across. I have the 16gb with a 32gb sd card so no space worries for a while at least.

Main apps i have loaded.
    CNN
    News360
    Pulse
    Kids ABC HD - teaching my baby letters and sounds and also how to swipe is cool.
    Moboplayer is fantastic
    MyNet apps is really good for streaming my NAS content
    MyCloud is also good for accessing my iMac over local wifi.

Speakers i find a little on the week side. to counter this i will get a little tiny speaker from click, do not know the name but looks like a black golf ball and expands by 1 inch- sound is amazing though.

Headphones could do with a 3db increase imho
    like my stuff load.

next thing for me is a case, if anyone knows where to get one in dublin please pm me details.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Hi lads,
    Any place selling the 16 or the 32gb with keyboard in Ireland?

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Glad you like it. I have tried it in the shop, loved it too. However I have stumbled across Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 model. Much smaller screen (1/4 of an area compared to ASUS Transformer), bit slower but only €250 for 8GB model with GPS etc. Anyways.. First stop for any accessories is ebay. Go to UK site, pick arrange by lowest price delivered to Ireland and tick box UK Only (merchant). Will get it delivered in just few days.

Unless ASUS drops the price to around €369 with no keyboard I am running away from it :confused: Samsung seems to be hitting the price and size just right for me :rolleyes:
    BrookieD wrote: »
    Got me Asus Tranformer last week. having come from iPad Gen1 i am very very happy. drag and drop was a major plus for moving files and videos across. I have the 16gb with a 32gb sd card so no space worries for a while at least.

Main apps i have loaded.
    CNN
    News360
    Pulse
    Kids ABC HD - teaching my baby letters and sounds and also how to swipe is cool.
    Moboplayer is fantastic
    MyNet apps is really good for streaming my NAS content
    MyCloud is also good for accessing my iMac over local wifi.

Speakers i find a little on the week side. to counter this i will get a little tiny speaker from click, do not know the name but looks like a black golf ball and expands by 1 inch- sound is amazing though.

Headphones could do with a 3db increase imho
    like my stuff load.

next thing for me is a case, if anyone knows where to get one in dublin please pm me details.

cheers

Might be a bit late but Komplett has Transformer with Keyboard for €490 or on it's own for €410. Think free delivery too. NJoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I know Archos have a bad rep but these look tasty and a good price too!!

Out in September

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Spr1nt3r.. They are out of stock of the complete kits. Im waiting on one from the UK this week and if not im ordering the one from Komplett.. Cant wait for it. Im bored in front of the tv..

Am bored too. Have a netbook but it's slow and don't need that much use. Just want good browsing experience. Got my iPod Touch today, am thinking of holding onto it for month or so until some Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 shows up. Amazon UK has them but they do not ship to Ireland.. Sweet.. Tried Amazon DE and FR, ship no problem but cost over €300. Bit too much for an 5" device..
    Would love ASUS Transformer but it wrecks my head getting it for €400 and knowing there is a keyboard for it.. Wouldn't spend even that on a browsing tablet.
    stodwyer wrote: »
    Spr1nt3r.. They are out of stock of the complete kits. Im waiting on one from the UK this week and if not im ordering the one from Komplett.. Cant wait for it. Im bored in front of the tv..

• Advertisement
Advertisement