Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 27/06/11 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 27-06-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭

Source

WWE rolls the wheel once again in Las Vegas,Nevada with "RAW Roulette" tonight on USA at 8pm C/9pm E. Let's look at what to expect on tonight's RAW and how it will effect current WWE story lines.
    WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be on RAW tonight to promote his new hunting TV show, "Shawn Michael's Macmillan River Adventure" which debuts on Tues, June 28th on the Outdoors Channel at 10:30pm C/11:30pm E. It's been interesting for Michael's sporadic WWE appearances since his 2010 retirement, and how they influence the current WWE enviorment. In a shocker this past March, Michaels made a surprise appearence when Triple H and the Undertaker faced off on the Monday before their epic match at Wrestlemania 27. It will be intriguing if HBK delivers some "Sweet Chin Music" to a mid-carder like Jack Swagger or has interaction like the number one contender, C.M. Punk.
    Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara

In an embarassing snafu last week with live voting during the "Viewer's Choice" RAW, Mason Ryan was piced over Sin Cara who was the popular choice to face fellow cruiserweight Evan Bourne. WWE announced online that there was a problem with an overflow of votes from the previous voting choices in a Divas match, and that it made it hard to determine who had won the votes in the following match. So tonight WWE will make it right, and give the fans a possible cruiserweight spectacle with Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara tonight on RAW.
    Punk has the leverage, Cena has the WWE Championship
    WWE and C.M. Punk played the 'reality' card last Monday when the Straight Edge superstar defeated Rey Mysterio and Alberoto Del Rio to ean a WWE Championship match at the Money in the Bank PPV. The 'reality' came in, when Punk used the real life story of his emminent exit from WWE with his contract expiring soon and said if he defeat the beloved Cena for the WWE Championship on July 17th, he will leave the company with the title. It may seem like a forgone conclusion that with Punk really leaving WWE soon, that winning the top Championship in the company is not going to happen. Yet with Punk promising to do something very memorable and an open door for him on the other side of this match, he has a lot less to lose. Cena will not only defend his status as the Champ, he will defend the honor of the WWE Universe in this match. Cena will not be much of a Champion if he let some dude who was leaving WWE leave with his Championship, would he? Expect Punk and Cena to face off tonight with Punk tormenting the Champion in some meniacal way.

Spin the wheel, make a match
    A RAW Roulette wheel will spin and randomly determine stipulations for matches tonight for the superstars and divas. The results of these gimmick “anything can happen” shows for WWE have come with mixed results. It could be either captivating to see a Steel Cage Match by surprise or something silly like a Hog Pen match. Vickie Guerrero and the new United States Champion Dolph Ziggler could be victims of the wheel but will having a winning bet with the wheel?
    “Money in the Bank , shorty what cha drank?”
    Money in the Bank on July 17th will have 2 ladder matches with 6 to 8 wrestlers competing for a breifcase with an anytime anywhere title shot at the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion. The qualifications for these two important matches could be made by simply having the Smackdown or RAW GM’s appoint the competitors or be determined in qualifying matches. The Miz who won big last year at MITB, could steal the chance again if his former protege, Alex Riley does not get in the way. Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Alberto Del Rio, and Kofi Kingston seem likely names for the RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
    The Divas have a new Champion
    Kelly Kelly won the Divas Championship last week on the “Viewer’s Choice” RAW after being with WWE for five years. The Blonde Bombshell defeated Brie Bella but something it’s not too far from a title match of her own. No matter what, Kelly Kelly is beautiful breathe of fresh air as the new “Butterfly Belt” champion. Look for KK to get a taste of a new challenger tonight on RAW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Expect this to be really half assed or Wrestling heavy considering they are taping two Raws tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

could they not have left this for another month or 2? Peoples Choice was only last week, is a really necessary to have two gimmick - 3 hour Raw's in a row?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

drayme wrote: »
    Expect this to be really half assed or Wrestling heavy considering they are taping two Raws tonight

Two Smackdown shows tomorrow aswell isn't there.At least we should know the MITB matches line-ups hope there isn't 8 in them 6 is the perfect number or else it turns into 8 guys taking turns doing spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

could they not have left this for another month or 2? Peoples Choice was only last week, is a really necessary to have two gimmick - 3 hour Raw's in a row?

This ain't a 3 hour Raw, standard 2 hours tonight

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This ain't a 3 hour Raw, standard 2 hours tonight

between 2 3-hour RAWs doing the meat sandwich with a PPV i'm burned out. Lemme know how the Cara/Bourne match goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tonight's Raw will be awesome and groundbreaking.

Why?

Because it's the first one I've missed in 50 weeks :S

20110627_rawroulette_tunein.jpg

winning_streak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im preety sure hbk will be a special guest referee tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder will the spinning of the roulette wheel be legit or will they manipulate it to land on the match types they want for this evening.

I wonder will the spinning of the roulette wheel be legit or will they manipulate it to land on the match types they want for this evening.

Dave Meltzer keeps doing a Trocaire ad about how over worked creative is. They may forget to rig it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it's motorized, attached to a computer which selects the picks :) Actually scratch that, i bet on the back there's a mini-dial and u set it to the one you want. No computer necessary!

If it was in TNA, you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Are we back to 2am tonight so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Voltwad wrote: »
    Are we back to 2am tonight so?

We are.

If that wheel's accurate, will we get our much deserved body slam match between Kane and Mark Henry?

I love Raw Roulette though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Looking forward to this, never seen any sin cara, is that mistico? I heard he is like Rey?

Think I'll watch in the morning so. Enjoy lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Pulled my hamstring tonight, so decided to kick back and throw on a wrestling event(my remote is busted so would have to move to change the tv channel) in anticpation of Raw, went with No Mercy 2001, currently on Jericho v Rock, so when the events over time for Raw Roulette...timed to perfection ...Looking forward ton Cara v Bourne :)

feck it I'm up :o

Vintage wasn't bad this week the Juventud vs Blitzkrieg match was great but the less said about Koko B Ware's match the better.
    Nice to see Hbk best keep the cap on Shawn.

What's goin on here?? He coming back??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Punk and HBK,not a bad way to kick off Raw!

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    What's goin on here?? He coming back??

Nah he's just a tease. Punk is getting light on top too a bit like Shawn.I'd love to see these two tussle but it wasn't meant to be. Would they take away Punk from Nexus them lads are about as useful as a Tumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Punk and HBK,not a bad way to kick off Raw!

Brilliant way to kick-off raw.
    And cena will be out in 5.. 4.. 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Aaand it's bed time!

CMpunked wrote: »
    Brilliant way to kick-off raw.
    And cena will be out in 5.. 4.. 3..

Hope he doesn't come out at all tonite,one can hope.Punk will hear about that "anymore" quip.Booker will you please Spin it & STFU. Punk vs the Buried beyond belief Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

There's no way in hell Punk's leaving WWE, the guys getting the push of his career right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I honestly don't think punks going anywhere next month, whatever about him having a break until survivor series, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Good start, enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

ive a feeling that superkick really did knock Otunga out.. lol he was really out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There's no way in hell Punk's leaving WWE, the guys getting the push of his career right now..
    he'll go for a break imo, I seen in one of those chat boxes on the side of my stream a guy saying his contract doesn't actually end until November, I don't know if that's true but it wouldn't surprise me if he left for a month or so and was back.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    I honestly don't think punks going anywhere next month, whatever about him having a break until survivor series, maybe.

Yeah he wouldn't say he was going & then get a push.Its idiotic that it took this much for wwe to give him a push.Looking at that gimmick fest wheel i'm glad this ain't a 3 hour show. Wwe are fair relying on nostalgia & gimmicks the last year or so.

Advertisement