Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 28 - Miami Hotels

• 26-06-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭

Same as last year, all hotel questions, recommendations etc can go in here. Still a long way away, but package hotels will be revealed in a couple weeks (hopefully) & non package buyers need somewhere to stay too. I'll also need extra accommodation so I'll be doing plenty of hotel searching.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

was looking at hotels near sun life stadium,which is where it looks like raw and hof, are going to be and they are expensive. The Miami Marriott Marquis which I'm guessing is the same chain as Atlanta's is $335 :eek:, Atlanta's was about half that. Scared now

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

jmolloy wrote: »
    was looking at hotels near sun life stadium,which is where it looks like raw and hof, are going to be and they are expensive. The Miami Marriott Marquis which I'm guessing is the same chain as Atlanta's is $335 :eek:, Atlanta's was about half that. Scared now

a night :eek:

if its near sun life stadium i would guess thats going to be one of the hotels

a night :eek:

if its near sun life stadium i would guess thats going to be one of the hotels

yeah that was on hotels.com looking up stuff, scared witless now

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Surely the hotels will be closer to the American Airlines Centre where it's likely HOF and Raw will be held? It's also close to the Convention Centre were Access will probably be held. I heard it's meant to be rough by the Sun life stadium and it's miles away from were everyone will be spending most of their time at.

LiamBro wrote: »
    Surely the hotels will be closer to the American Airlines Centre where it's likely HOF and Raw will be held? It's also close to the Convention Centre were Access will probably be held. I heard it's meant to be rough by the Sun life stadium and it's miles away from were everyone will be spending most of their time at.

according to google maps its just a 17 mins walk to the American Airlines Center from the hotel

• Advertisement

according to google maps its just a 17 mins walk to the American Airlines Center from the hotel

That would be equivalent to Atlanta,

I'm taking the information about the other venues from here http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/11/v-fullstory/2061324/diaz-mcmahon-sophia-bring-wrestlemania.html
    The weeklong event also features the prestigious WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony (AmericanAirlines Arena, March 31, 2012), WrestleMania Fan Axxess interactive (Miami Beach Convention Center), WrestleMania Reading Challenge finals, a Celebrity Pro Am Golf Tournament, and Monday Night Raw (9 p.m. USA Network, AmericanAirlines Arena, April 2, 2012).

That would be equivalent to Atlanta,

I'm taking the information about the other venues from here http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/11/v-fullstory/2061324/diaz-mcmahon-sophia-bring-wrestlemania.html

indeed it is which is great

the Miami Beach Convention Center is a far bit away tho

Oh really? I heard that the Sun Life Stadium was miles away from everything, if that's the case then i will be happy.

Oh really? I heard that the Sun Life Stadium was miles away from everything, if that's the case then i will be happy.

it is miles away from everything

we're talking about the hotel is near the America Airlines Center i assume thats were Raw & The HOF will take place

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swift8933

we're talking about the hotel is near the America Airlines Center i assume thats were Raw & The HOF will take place

jmolloy said he was looking at hotels near the sun life stadium, I think that is where the confusion has come from

• Advertisement

Ohh yeahh, i hope the hotel is near the AAC and WWE don't stick us in the middle of now were just because the hotel is 4 or 5 stars

Swift8933 wrote: »
    jmolloy said he was looking at hotels near the sun life stadium, I think that is where the confusion has come from

sorry mistype meant american airlines

Swift8933 wrote: »

ah yeah my bad :o
    Ohh yeahh, i hope the hotel is near the AAC and WWE don't stick us in the middle of now were just because the hotel is 4 or 5 stars

its near the AAC so id say its one of the hotels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

As long as its near the beach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'm gonna start looking at hotels in a few weeks, after the packages go on sale, I'll probably need an extra 4 nights accommodation. I did some browsing earlier and the prices don't seem so bad. I just wanna get somewhere near where Axxess etc will be held.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the holiday inn is the closest to the arena (raw, hof), well at least that i saw, its basically across the street http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/miami/miabb/hoteldetail the intercontinental is a little further down the road and a bit of a step up in class and price http://www.icmiamihotel.com/

just a reminder there is no beach near downtown miami, the closest beach if you drove in a straight line from the american airlines arena across the bridge to miami beach is 4.5 miles away

nearly every hotel in southbeach (between about 10th and 30th street) will be within walking distance of the miami beach convention center (site of axxess)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

I will have a car and looking at booking everything seperately so having a look at Airport hotels they are a lot cheaper from what I can see.

Any local people who can offer any thoughts on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

they said the hotels we are gettng in package is downtown Miami, so looks like we are nowhere near South Beach.

I am going for the an extra couple days( Wednesday-Wednesday) so might book a hotel for the extra days in south beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamloco724

so a downtown hotel will be walkable to american airlines arena but not site of axxess?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Booked a hotel last night...If I get a better one later, I'll cancel it though. Seems like a nice enough hotel and wasn't that expensive...

BEST WESTERN PLUS On the Bay Inn & Marina - $495 for 3 nights (2 double beds) with breakfast and free airport shuttle. Not too bad.

I got a great deal on the Doubletree Universal (Mania 24 package hotel)...14 nights for €865, so cheap between 3 or 4 of us! www.yeego.com is quite a good hotel site and they don't charge your card until 2 weeks before the stay. Used them a few times now and had no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Congrats Brolly, Orlando is definitely the "cheap hotel" capital of the world! Since I'm member of the Disney Vacation Club (Free vacations until 2042, just paying every year my points maintenance) we'll be staying at Disney's Boardwalk Villas :)

We shoukd meet in Orlando for a couple of drinks ;)

Initium wrote: »
    Congrats Brolly, Orlando is definitely the "cheap hotel" capital of the world! Since I'm member of the Disney Vacation Club (Free vacations until 2042, just paying every year my points maintenance) we'll be staying at Disney's Boardwalk Villas :)

We shoukd meet in Orlando for a couple of drinks ;)

Sounds good bud!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

For anyone who is interested in booking separately I also booked the BEST WESTERN PLUS On the Bay Inn & Marina, I paid £382 for four nights and also get 12% cashback, pretty good deal, I will have a car so easy to get to the venues from here, its also got free parking, breakfast and wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that best western on the bay is up on 79th street so if you dont have car its probably not practical, looking at 6+ miles to south beach from there

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

Bit torn whether to bother changing hotels or just have the one.

Im at the least staying on south beach some of the time, near Axxess. Anyone found a good hotel there?

Thinking whether to move hotels to nearer to Raw on Monday.... or even Mania on Sunday. Dont know if I can be bothered with the change tho. Might just do the Brolly bus treck for Mania :)

Pretty sure Ill give HOF a miss tho, too much hassle trecking there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Think im going Tuesday-Tuesday, so will need a hotel somewhere before checking into the package one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

WWE usually give the option to book extra nights in the hotel that's associated with the packages.
    You could just request to stay extra nights there

Finally I have changed my reservation to another hotel, now I'll be staying at The Anglers - Boutique resort - at South Beach. This is the NUMBER 1 South Beach Hotel in Tripadvisor, so gonna try it ;-)

i'm gonna go tuesday to tuesday but want to do wrestlemania art, anyone willing to take a gamble on where that'll be held yet

• Advertisement

At WWE Travel Packages Facebook some people are claiming this will be the package hotel. I don't know if they are right or not but this hotel looks totally awesome and the discount they are offering is great!

On April 1, 2012, WWE will bring its biggest show of the year, WrestleMania, to the beautiful city of Miami in the Sunshine state!. Wrestling-Online.com has teamed up with the Marriott Hotels & Resorts to bring all wrestling fans a fantastic rate at one of the nicest hotels in downtown Miami - Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay.

The Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay - Miami’s only marina front hotel - completed a $31 million renovation this past May, and has a brand spanking new reinvented Marriott Hotels & Resorts lobby, with conversation enhancing pod seating with LCD televisions, nooks for working and socializing and an indoor/outdoor Espressamente Illy Café. The lobby flows into Catch Grill & Bar, an indoor/outdoor restaurant on the bay, with spectacular views of the Miami Beach skyline.

The hotel is directly on the harbor, between the bustling Miami Arts and Design District and Downtown Miami, and is located just 7 miles from Miami International Airport. There are a total of 600 rooms with the Port of Miami, South Beach, shopping at Bayside Marketplace and the Art Deco District just minutes away.

HOTEL BOOKINGS ARE ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS ONLY

A very limited number of rooms are available prior to the 03/29 check-in and 04/03 check-out. If you would like to arrive before or depart after those dates, call on 1-305-374-3900 and quote our promo code WREWREA to see if there are any rooms available.

Miami is going to be filled with events during that time including a music festival and a big tennis tournament so keep in mind that rooms will fly quickly from every hotel and the Marriott has the right to not give us more rooms once our block is full up. The hotel won't charge your credit card upon reservation as payment will be effected upon check-out.

You can book now at http://w-o.it/wm28hotel or directly through the Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay website at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/m ... ate=4/3/12

That hotel look's amazing, i can't see the Silver and maybe the gold packages staying here. This looks more of a Platinum/V.I.P type of Hotel haha.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i checked that hotel and for 4 people sharing the room for 5 days was only about €300 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colinwo

This is Colin Vassallo from Wrestling-Online.com.

The Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay will be holding the Wrestling-Online.com group and its no way affiliated with the WWE Travel Package.

Every year we do a deal with a luxury hotel to host fans who want to go to WrestleMania without buying the WWE travel package. This year we chose the Marriott Biscayne Bay and in previous years we stayed at The Ritz-Carlton.

The $199 a night fee is for accommodation only and DOES NOT include the WrestleMania ticket. You can book at http://w-o.it/wm28hotel/. No credit card will be charged until check-out.

We already sold out the first block and we're close of selling out the second block of rooms.

Colin Vassallo
    Wrestling-Online.com

Dont suppose theres any room Tuesday 27th-Friday 30th there before I check into the package hotel lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colinwo

No sir, you need to be booked during the weekend to make use of the same rate before and after WrestleMania.

Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Brolly wrote: »
    Booked a hotel last night...If I get a better one later, I'll cancel it though. Seems like a nice enough hotel and wasn't that expensive...

BEST WESTERN PLUS On the Bay Inn & Marina - $495 for 3 nights (2 double beds) with breakfast and free airport shuttle. Not too bad.

I got a great deal on the Doubletree Universal (Mania 24 package hotel)...14 nights for €865, so cheap between 3 or 4 of us! www.yeego.com is quite a good hotel site and they don't charge your card until 2 weeks before the stay. Used them a few times now and had no problems.

It's showing it's age alittle these days but still a fine hotel,Was there in October before and after Bound for Glory,It's where alot of TNA wrestlers stay during tapings and ppvs aswell

colinwo wrote: »
    This is Colin Vassallo from Wrestling-Online.com.

The Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay will be holding the Wrestling-Online.com group and its no way affiliated with the WWE Travel Package.

Every year we do a deal with a luxury hotel to host fans who want to go to WrestleMania without buying the WWE travel package. This year we chose the Marriott Biscayne Bay and in previous years we stayed at The Ritz-Carlton.

The $199 a night fee is for accommodation only and DOES NOT include the WrestleMania ticket. You can book at http://w-o.it/wm28hotel/. No credit card will be charged until check-out.

We already sold out the first block and we're close of selling out the second block of rooms.

Colin Vassallo
    Wrestling-Online.com

Just booked for 4 nights...I was looking at this hotel a few weeks ago and @ $319 p/n it was too expensive for us...but @ $199 p/n, its pretty good value! Cheers!:)

cleardot.gifWrestleMania Packages wrestlemania.packages@wwecorp.com Sent at 19:22 (GMT-04:00). Current time there: 14:24. ✆Rude Awakening
    cleardot.gif27 July 2011 19:22cleardot.gifRE: Extra accommodation querycleardot.gifwwecorp.com

Will let you know in October what hotel you will be staying at and at that point you can contact hotel to extend your stay

Best,

I'd really love to have a Mania trip where I don't have to change hotels. I'd love to have my extra nights in the package hotel.

I'd really love to have a Mania trip where I don't have to change hotels. I'd love to have my extra nights in the package hotel.

I was thinking the exact same meself Kane
    Arrive there on the thursday, check out the following thursday, W/ a stop in Orlando before hand :-)

• Advertisement

Been searching like a madman the past few days for something decent, available, and near South Beach/Axxess, and still nothing standout really in budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dstnatnunknwn

The rates in miami beach are ridiculous! We decided it would probably be cheaper and stay near fort lauderdale instead and just rent a car. so far we are right, i have two options one for 87 and one for 69 a night. not sure which one we are going to choose yet, but there is no way in hell i would pay over 200 a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brianw25

So has any non-package fans booked any hotels yet ?

Would like to stay somewhere with a bit of an atmosphere - prob one of the package hotels would be the best i'm guessing!!:)

Im still looking for any sort of accomodation for the Tuesday-Friday before the package hotel... got a view enquiries in for apartments

If the package hotel ain't completely overpriced we are gonna stay there for the extra 4 nights. But that probably won't happen.

All booked..Weds-Tues, 4 nights at South Beach, 2 Nights downtown :)

First year Ive booked everything before tickets go on sale... better not have problems there lol

Where abouts in South Beach you staying? Looking for 3 nights in South Beach before moving onto the package hotel.

Hendo9 wrote: »
    Where abouts in South Beach you staying? Looking for 3 nights in South Beach before moving onto the package hotel.

The crest hotel booked through expedia. A lot of hotels are expensive south beach but that one didnt seem to bad. Walking distance of the clubs and convertion centre for axxess which is what I wanted.

Giving hof a miss this time, can't be bothered doing taxis for it and plenty of other stuff to do in Miami. But moving downtown for Sunday/Monday... Be near to raw but will still have to make the trek to mania... We were so spoilt in atlanta lol

The Fly wrote: »
    The crest hotel booked through expedia. A lot of hotels are expensive south beach but that one didnt seem to bad. Walking distance of the clubs and convertion centre for axxess which is what I wanted.

Giving hof a miss this time, can't be bothered doing taxis for it and plenty of other stuff to do in Miami. But moving downtown for Sunday/Monday... Be near to raw but will still have to make the trek to mania... We were so spoilt in atlanta lol

Tell me about it, Atlanta was perfect, Hard Rock and Hooters, small walk to all the Mania stuff aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Has anyone booked any extra nights at their package hotel yet? Extremley exspensive so looking at other options for 1 night, anyone gone with the holiday inn?

• Advertisement
Advertisement