Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found: iPhone. near Eyre Square in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Carcis

I'm sorry I posted the little account now, as I don't like the flavor this thread has taken. I thought about editing it out, but at the time it felt right. I guess I would appreciate stories of similar **** happening to people rather than elaborate ways in which to get one over on him.

I probably should have checked here first as I really like some of the advice that was given. However I've already requested the money for the postage and he's sending it. Great. As soon as I recieve it I'll be dropping the iphone by the post office in registered post. Case closed.

Carcis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Carcis wrote: »
    I'm sorry I posted the little account now, as I don't like the flavor this thread has taken. I thought about editing it out, but at the time it felt right. I guess I would appreciate stories of similar **** happening to people rather than elaborate ways in which to get one over on him.

I probably should have checked here first as I really like some of the advice that was given. However I've already requested the money for the postage and he's sending it. Great. As soon as I recieve it I'll be dropping the iphone by the post office in registered post. Case closed.

Carcis

fair play to you Carcis, and although the guy was a b@llix - you did the right thing. There is something a little dodgey to me about the story on his end, it has me wondering if he didn't get the phone itself from shady sources. Either way, hope he cops on and sends you a box of milk tray at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Fair play to ya OP, I found 3 phones over the weekend at Sea Sessions in Donegal, all returned to their rightful owners.

One owner was like you're fella, pure gimp about it (made you feel like why you bother) but the other two were so grateful. He should throw a Tenner your way too, you earned at least a pint for all that effort.

Hate people that behave like that, I can be a dick about things too, I just choose not to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Hmm... iPhone with no numbers or recent calls in it, and the owner is hesitant to give out his address.

Makes me think of how those drug dealers in The Wire operated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jamey wrote: »
    Hmm... iPhone with no numbers or recent calls in it, and the owner is hesitant to give out his address.

Makes me think of how those drug dealers in The Wire operated.
    With the added overheads of using an Iphone as a burner? Stringer Bell wouldn't stand for this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Robbo wrote: »
    With the added overheads of using an Iphone as a burner? Stringer Bell wouldn't stand for this ****.

Thats because its marlo`s and he be using to take coded pictures.

"Hey I don't talk on no cell phones" Marlo Stanfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

good for you brother. it restores my faith in the basic goodness of the majority of humanity that someone like you has the grace and good will to act as you did

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

May not be a phone but carries the same sort of principal. While in work one day I found a €50 note on the floor, and quickly handed it up to customer service desk of the shop I work in. There was an announcement that a sum of money had been found and not too long after a woman showed up with her son to claim. No thanks, no nothing. This didn't really bother me too much as I knew €50 could be someones weeks worth of shopping in this economic climate. But to my surprise the woman came back later that day and gave the security guard a €10 note to give to the person who had found the money (me). She had said she was in such shock that the money was handed up she didn't know what to do in the first place. And in the end, yes i got the grief about giving away the fifty quid, but the tenner that she gave back was worth a lot more in the. Clean conscious and a tenner up :P .

As I said not a phone found but the same principal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

since he knows its been found tell him to collect it in millstreet gardai station at his convenience, get a reciept from the station to cover your arse,and no guard is gonna swipe it when its been logged in by you,and you having a reciept,let the ungratefull bollix make his own way up to collect the damm thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I found a phone couple years ago...not an iphone or anything..just a standard phone.
    Checked contacts and saw Dad, and rang
    He told me where she worked and I rang the place, talked to her and arranged to drop the phone in as it wasnt too far from me

When I got there she wasnt in so I gave phone to receptionist
    Receptionist asked for my name and address and I said no its ok, but she insisted

Two days later a hamper of goodies ( Roma foods where she worked ) arrived at my door special delivery with a thank you note.

And it wasnt even an iphone ! Some people DO appreciate people doing a good turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Usually it's not the hardware going missing that's the issue, it's the invaluable info on it that's important.
    If I lost my phone I wouldn't be able to ring a single person.

I know - backup, backup :) Will get to that later...

Advertisement