Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Anthrax Song - Fight em till you can't

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seachto7 wrote: »
    can you imagine if Bush had joined Metallica? Always wonder what it would have sounded like........

Have heard him sing songs from Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets when Anthrax covered them live, and he sounded pretty damn good singing stuff from that era.

The idea back then was for Metallica to become a five piece, but Bush wanted to stay with Armored Saint.

Anyone pick up the new album yet? Will be getting it later today.

itunes have a 90 second preview of every song a taster of what it might sound like.

The itunes previews has me thinking that everything after 1991 has ceased to exist in the world of Anthrax:D as it is sounding a mash up of all the albums that had Belladonna on them.

Looking forward to giving it a proper listen later on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I like it, it's not blown me away - but I like it, I actually think it's got quite a bit of the direction they went in with Bush, which is no bad thing either.....will take some more listening though.....

First two listens have me thinking that it is alright but nothing special. They have recycled a hell of a lot of their old riffs though. Quite a few from the albums Persistence Of Time and State Of Euphoria.

The song Judas Priest has me laughing as it is a very blatant rip off of a Sacred Reich song.

Bit of a mixed bag to my ears so far though, and the quality of the productions does not help especially on the drums. It is a lot weaker than the last Anthrax studio album though (WHCFYA), and defo weaker than the last album Belladonna did with the band before this (POT)

Might grow a bit more on me after a few more listens though, but my feeling after two listens is that is is a 2.5 or 3 out of five album. Not bad, but nothing special either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Haven't gotten the chance to give it a full spin yet. Got to track 8 or 9 at the most. I'll give it some serious listening over the weekend. I think the first three songs (not including the intro) are incredible. Must have listened to each of them about seven times today.

• Advertisement

Ended up having a major Anthrax night (and early morning)

I played POT and then the new album after it. The new album sounded very poor in comparison and the difference in Belladonna's vocals was striking.

I then played WHCFYA and the new album after it. The new album sounded weak.

Also what struck me was that POT and WHCFYA both sound far more modern than the new album, both in terms of the music and the production.

Then as the night and morning wore on (and a couple bottles of Aspall Organic cyder, yes with a Y as it is from Suffolk, got downed) other Anthrax albums came out to play and so did the practise Bass :D

So the scientific results of the night are that the following albums are better than the new one

Spreading The Disease

Among The Living (had forgotten how good it sounds on vinyl)

State Of Euphoria (Still waiting for a remastered rerelease a la what Among The Living got)

Persistence Of Time ( Damn this album has aged well)

Sound Of White Noise

Stomp 442 (this was a very close thing but I think Stomp just about shades it.)

We Have Come For You All.

So basically I think the new album beats Fistful Of Metal and Volume 8: The Threat Is Real

It really struggles to stand beside most of the band's back catalogue, and while I am going to give it more spins in the hope that it grows on me, I know that if it did not have the name Anthrax on it's cover that I would not be giving it that chance to grow on me.

Still a 2.5 or 3 out of five album to my ears. Still not a bad album, but nothing special.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah lads,i'm resisting the temptation to listen to it before release but you're testing my resolve with all this talk of the new album!:P

lord lucan wrote: »
    Ah lads,i'm resisting the temptation to listen to it before release but you're testing my resolve with all this talk of the new album!:P

It came out in the shops yesterday. Monday is the UK release date not the Irish release date.

Kess73 wrote: »
    It came out in the shops yesterday. Monday is the UK release date not the Irish release date.

Ah ****e,thought it wasn't out until Monday even though european releases are typically on fridays.

Off to 7Digital to buy so.:)

Ah ****e,thought it wasn't out until Monday even though european releases are typically on fridays.

Off to 7Digital to buy so.:)

I expect your first thoughts on the album in a little over an hour then. :p

• Advertisement

Pretty good so far. Need to give it a few more spins over the next few days but so far i think it's a very good Anthrax album. Nothings gonna touch their back catalogue and tbh all i'm looking for is a rocking album and so far it sounds like i've got one.:)

Pretty good so far. Need to give it a few more spins over the next few days but so far i think it's a very good Anthrax album. Nothings gonna touch their back catalogue and tbh all i'm looking for is a rocking album and so far it sounds like i've got one.:)

High praise indeed.

For me a very good Anthrax album would be Sound, State, or Persistence.

I still think in terms of Anthrax albums that there are six if not seven better Anthrax albums than Worship music. Given that they only have ten studio albums that would put Worship in the average to good range for me.

Funny thing about Anthrax though is that when I listen to a lot of their albums together as I did the other night, the fact that they don't have any album that is a stinker is to their credit. Most bands that have released ten studio albums will have one duffer in there.

In fact if one looks at Anthrax albums in order of release then their first six studio albums could be said to have gotten better with each release.

The more I listen to this record, the more Bush I can hear in it. Don't get me wrong, I know it's Belladonna, but those vocal lines have Bush written all over them. I'm not b1tching though, it's a very interresting sound.

deathrider wrote: »
    The more I listen to this record, the more Bush I can hear in it. Don't get me wrong, I know it's Belladonna, but those vocal lines have Bush written all over them. I'm not b1tching though, it's a very interresting sound.

Yeah a few of the songs sound like they were meant for a singer like Bush.

The Devil You Know
    I'm Alive
    Crawl - (I get a bit of an Alice In Chains vibe from the vocal style on this as well)
    In The End

All sound like they were originally tailor made for Bush or Nelson.

The Giant kinda falls, for me anyway, between trying to be both a Bush and Belladonna song at the same time.

Been cranking the new album at volume 20 for the last 3 hours. Getting better and better. Love it.

Crawl sounds like it was a left over from a Pearl Jam session for some reason?!

The Giant could be a rocker live,has a great vibe about it.

Off tomorrow,gonna play the bejaysus out of it!:D

Been cranking the new album at volume 20 for the last 3 hours. Getting better and better. Love it.

Crawl sounds like it was a left over from a Pearl Jam session for some reason?!

The Giant could be a rocker live,has a great vibe about it.

Off tomorrow,gonna play the bejaysus out of it!:D

Yeah I'm listening to it pretty much non stop at the minute and I really like it, for me they should make another album sooner rather than later and see where they can go with this and some input from Joey............some of the tracks that didn't get me straight away are starting to hit home now..........and I want to see them live.......which is never a bad thing......

Slightly off topic but had to post this. The band were playing in L.A. last night and a guy hopped on stage. Security tackled him but in the process took out Joey too. Frank Bello lost it and went to town on the security. Great craic!

Slightly off topic but had to post this. The band were playing in L.A. last night and a guy hopped on stage. Security tackled him but in the process took out Joey too. Frank Bello lost it and went to town on the security. Great craic!

What a tool, he just went head first at the guy without any thought for the environment, ignore the moronic taking out of Joey, could easily have been crushing the guys head off some part of the stage setup - lack of training, could have been handled very easily without any drama.....twat...
    the f**k him up chants are aimed at the security guy I guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

What a difference... :(

Some groups/venues were not so fussy about stage diving, from the video I had the impression that Joey wanted to tackle that dude, either way very badly played

NIBBS wrote: »
    the f**k him up chants are aimed at the security guy I guess ?

I think the security guy mainly but maybe a little towards the stage invader too for starting the whole thing. With Health and Safety bollocks and insurance premiums governing gigs these days they're not the fun they used to be.

Scott looked super pissed off with the security.

• Advertisement

Fightin'em till they can't? :pac:

Seriously though, what a moron. Another case of shaved apes being hired for security. Franky looked fit to go to war!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

album is savage have had it on int he car the last month or so brilliant album didint think they could top weve come for you all but this is a stomping album!

Advertisement