Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

Powers Three Swallow for €25 in SuperValu. Cheapest I've ever seen it at.

Stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Lagavulin 16 in o briens for €85 currently. Picked one up in galway over the weekend. About 30 cheaper than most other places I've seen that actually have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Today's the last day of the supervalu sale prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

O'Briens have redbreast 12 (last few indicated) for 55 still (started yesterday). Free shipping for 100+ euro

They still have eagle rare for 45 - not quite as low as the past ( have purchased at 40 and 43 there before) and still a bargain if you like your bourbon. I stock up when they reduce... partly due to worry of price Increases or availability issue, as it iw ridiculously difficult to actually get in the US apparently. I was never driven by hype, always enjoyed the depth of flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

I think I saw Redbreast for 55 in Tesco. Not sure of sale duration, but it wasn't that price last week so most likely just commenced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

I got a bottle on Spiritly for 78 including delivery. Couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to everywhere else. I had to use the code Welcome20 to get 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

It is actually now on 'sale' for €60 in tesco, reduced from the 'original' price of €70 (or 75, cant remember) on the sticker. It was always €63 before this on shelf price increase/ sale reduction!😠

Johns Lane is 50 in Dunnes - today anyway, was still 70 yesterday. One left in knocknacarra, I wasn’t selfish, there were only two there - that branch regularly has gaps on the shelf for weeks at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lester_Burnham

There's still one left in City Square in Waterford. I just took the second last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Lidl: White Hag Helles 4×440ml €6.89.

Probably clearing out pre deposit scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

3x Johns Lane at €50 in Blanchardstown Dunnes this evening.

Well, 2x now 😊

If anyone's on the dry, Aldi are great value for non alcoholic stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Those reduced prices are not that great but do show how much of a rip-off the standard prices are (and Guinness Zero is still a rip-off at the reduced price, imho)

Remember, no exise duty on these products and no MUP, so why do they normally sell so close to the price of the alcohol-containing equivalent? It's profiteering.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

From a microbrewery perspective, excise duty is a small amount of the cost to the producer. But as with all things, the price is ultimately dictated by what people are willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why? Because like pretty much all products sold commercially, the price is somewhere between it's cost and what enough people are willing to pay. It's called business. Making a profit is why businesses exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

method and madness whiskey on sale in tesco at €32.40 down from 50 or so

edit - and powers johns lane down to 45 from 75

Post edited by ablelocks on

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Tinter Box

Good discounts in Lidl, Franciscan well, White Hag and Brewdog 4x330mls for 6.89 also have 4 x 355ml Sierra Nevada for 8 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not all the tescos have johns lane listed at the reduced price, but Dunnes still it at €50

I also got a bottle of Red Breast 15yr old for €85 in Dunnes (it's €120 in Supervalu) - it may have been store specific though and reduced because they didn't have the gift box for it

JD Single Barrel Select was added to the reduced to clear list in my local Tesco - 39 (from 65), grabbed the only one there. May have luck in others which had similar reduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Went into my local Tesco today to see if the Knappogue 12s we're knocked down the €33 like other places. They weren't but strangely all the tubes were badly damaged on them. Alas no other whiskey was reduced to clear either.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's worth actually scanning items to check prices and not just going by the SELs.

The SEL on the fancy Paddy wasn't updated at my local Tesco before Christmas when it was seriously reduced, which meant there was plenty of stock on the shelf when I went in to stock up.

Aldi are selling off their premix JD&Coke cans for €1.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Premixed spirits are incredibly bad value, what is that? 5% and 250mL? Still bad value.

Life ain't always empty.

330ml. They were €3.49. They can't go lower than €1.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Just got a powers John lane marked down to 45 euro in my local Tesco.

Reduced to clear.

Might be store specific, but maybe worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some very drinkable plonk on offer in O'Briens warehouse clearance sale.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/collections/warehouse-clearance

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

From a different Boards thread:

Lough Gill have 2 of their IPAs priced at €50 for 24 cans at the moment. Not quite as good as the leap day offer, but still very good at about €2 per can. And the best part is they don't have the new return recycling logo, so you don't have to cart them to a shop for a refund.

https://loughgillbrewery.com/products/sligo-bay-non-drs-24-pack

https://loughgillbrewery.com/products/lost-armada-non-drs-24-pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Bailey’s for €10 with club card in Tesco

Advertisement