Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

White Hag Bran & Sceolan IPA €2 a bottle in McHughs, use promo code BEERCLUB0215

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

12 bottles of Guinness foreign extra for a tenner in my local supervalu.

Apparently they buy in "loose" bottles (not in cases) and sell em on cheap.

Maybe something to look out for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

4 x355ml Bottles of Falco IPA for a tenner in O'Briens today . Normally ranges from €3.69 - €3.99 a bottle

muletide wrote: »
    4 x355ml Bottles of Falco IPA for a tenner in O'Briens today . Normally ranges from €3.69 - €3.99 a bottle
    Hoop Flood is on the same deal :D

Imbibing a few now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,996 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale 4x500mL €10 in Dunnes

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale 4x500mL €10 in Dunnes

Wouldn't count that as a bargain it can be got for less than 2.50 a bottle in some places. The lean folain is better value in the 4 for €10.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ryath wrote: »
    Wouldn't count that as a bargain it can be got for less than 2.50 a bottle in some places. The lean folain is better value in the 4 for €10.
    That in Dunnes too??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,996 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's a bargain compared to the other option out my way, the Molloys 'offer' price of 3 for €10. Where do you get it for less than 2.50?

The only other O'Hara's on offer in this Dunnes was the stout, 4 for €10, it's nice but agree it's not bargain material. I'd be all over Leann Follain at that price but this Dunnes rarely stocks it at all.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

It's a bargain compared to the other option out my way, the Molloys 'offer' price of 3 for €10. Where do you get it for less than 2.50?

The only other O'Hara's on offer in this Dunnes was the stout, 4 for €10, it's nice but agree it's not bargain material. I'd be all over Leann Follain at that price but this Dunnes rarely stocks it at all.

Always available in my dunnes and usually on offer 4 for 9 alot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

dregin wrote: »
    That in Dunnes too??
    yea might not be in all Dunnes though

Tesco were under 2 for it but it has gone up a little in price recently.
    They're currently 2.59 for the leann follain.
    Always available in my dunnes and usually on offer 4 for 9 alot of the time

Unfortunately since Christmas it's 4 for a tenner. Lot less choice as well, no kinsale black :(

My local supervalue is €2.99 for all Irish craft beers with only the very occasional 4 for 10 offer. Strangely they have Schneider weiss tap1 for €2.66

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    yea might not be in all Dunnes though

Tesco were under 2 for it but it has gone up a little in price recently.
    They're currently 2.59 for the leann follain.

Unfortunately since Christmas it's 4 for a tenner. Lot less choice as well, no kindle black :'(

My local superglue supervalue is €2.99 for all Irish craft beers with only the very occasional 4 for 10 offer. Strangely they have Schneider weiss tap1 for €2.66

It's only O'Haras though, I'd bet the regular 4 for 9 will be back soon

Clotworthy Dobbin is half price in dunnes. Get it while you can as they will no longer be stocking it once it's gone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

18 cans of Bulmers for €20 in Supervalu Charleville if anyone's in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Clotworthy Dobbin is half price in dunnes. Get it while you can as they will no longer be stocking it once it's gone.

All Dunnes or your local shop, which is.....:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just picked up 4 Leann Folláin for €10 in Dunnes in Ongar. Not too many left though.

All Dunnes or your local shop, which is.....:)

Should be in all Dunnes. Local shop is bandon road in cork, only a handful left though.

At the risk of sounding like a shill, 8 Degrees Full Irish and Amber Ella are €2.40 in Dunnes. They're on trial in a handful of stores, not widely available yet. In Dublin I think they are in Blanchardstown. In Cork they are only in Bishopstown Court.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

2.00 in O'Brien's normally so 2.40 isn't fantastic

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

L1011 wrote: »
    2.00 in O'Brien's normally so 2.40 isn't fantastic

For Full Irish and Amber Ella? They're usually more expensive than that around Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

An File wrote: »
    For Full Irish and Amber Ella? They're usually more expensive than that around Limerick.

Full Irish is currently €2.59 on their website.

• Advertisement

At the risk of sounding like a shill, 8 Degrees Full Irish and Amber Ella are €2.40 in Dunnes. They're on trial in a handful of stores, not widely available yet. In Dublin I think they are in Blanchardstown. In Cork they are only in Bishopstown Court.

In Cornelscourt too, plus howling gale ect

Not a bargain as such, but Baggot Street Wines have limited supplies of 200 Fathoms in stock and will take orders over the phone. Just nabbed myself a couple. :D Teelings also tweeted that McHughs and Martins also have some.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I ordered a bottle from McHugh's last night (and a load of other goodies too) so hopefully I'll be able to boost my stouts/porter collection tomorrow or Monday.

4 cans of Founder's Centennial IPA for €10 in Whelan's off licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Zaph wrote: »
    Not a bargain as such, but Baggot Street Wines have limited supplies of 200 Fathoms in stock and will take orders over the phone. Just nabbed myself a couple. :D Teelings also tweeted that McHughs and Martins also have some.

Interested to try this 200 fathoms, seeing all the talk about it. seen it my local offie in Galway but was €8.99? For a 500ml bottle. Is that the price of this stuff? Seems very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Drinkstore have it too. Got some yesterday.

sonandheir wrote: »
    Interested to try this 200 fathoms, seeing all the talk about it. seen it my local offie in Galway but was €8.99? For a 500ml bottle. Is that the price of this stuff? Seems very expensive.
    €8.49 in some other places. But even at €8.99 it's a 10% beer. How much would you pay for a bottle of wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Which Galway offie has it?

Which Galway offie has it?

I saw 2 bottles down the back of McCambridges there an hour ago.

Yep, €8.99 in Baggot St. Wines as well. Collected mine today, really looking forward to trying it. They told me they had 4 cases and it was all sold in 2 days. Surprised it lasted that long tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Yep, €8.99 in Baggot St. Wines as well. Collected mine today, really looking forward to trying it. They told me they had 4 cases and it was all sold in 2 days. Surprised it lasted that long tbh.

Got some in drinkstore. 8.49 plus got the 10% beoir discount so came in around 7.60

Advertisement