Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test on Friday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

dquirke1 wrote: »
    Any time i've had to get a licence, its been done on the spot, including last monday. :D
    Did they give any reason for the delay?

No, she said the same to the guy in front of me. He asked why and she said that's how long it took. I had a feeling that I got it on the spot last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

dceire wrote: »
    Any opinions on the following would be much appreciated:

Bandit 250/400/600
    GS500
    CB500

The only bike I have any hands on knowledge of is the ER-5 from my training/test.

Ya can't go wrong with a Bandit 600 great bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Any opinions on the following would be much appreciated:

Bandit 250/400/600
    GS500
    CB500

The only bike I have any hands on knowledge of is the ER-5 from my training/test.

Bandits are a great bike, i've had mine for 3.5 years now and apart from general servicing it's only ever needed a new battery.

Doing my test on in in a few weeks, will be selling it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dquirke1 wrote: »
    Any time i've had to get a licence, its been done on the spot, including last monday. :D
    Did they give any reason for the delay?

I've never gotten any licence on the day. It's always been posted out about a week later. I think it depends on the tax office you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Congrats on passing!
    Failed my test the first time as well for the same reason, grade 3 on turning right in front of another car, there was plenty of time and space, but the examiner didn't agree.
    Got the pinky same day after that in cork, but we're special like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Congrats.
    I went in and told tax office that the insurance company where hounding me for a copy of my license before they would insure me. Told me to call back an hour or two later. Delighted with meself till I copped on they gave me a car license.

DaveD wrote: »
    Bandits are a great bike, i've had mine for 3.5 years now and apart from general servicing it's only ever needed a new battery.

Doing my test on in a few weeks, will be selling it then.

If I'm still looking then, give me a shout (It's possible because I'm in no rush, I want to get the right bike... at the right price :D)

Anyone had a Suzuki GS500? Had a look at one the other day but couldn't get him to shift on the price. Might be having a look at another one next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Passed my test in Tallaght on Thursday morning on my BROS 400. Only started driving about 7 weeks ago and hadn't had any lessons. Needless to say I was extremely pleased with myself.

edit: I did my theory test about 5 years ago so I got to skip the mandatory 10 lessons...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kevin8

Iam penciled in tomorrow at 11:05 in Naas, trying to stay calm but its tough. Iam just re-reading over my theory test book last thing i want to fail on is somthing that i could have studied for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Best of luck Kevin. Try to relax as this will stand to you!

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it Kevin8.

I did my test in Naas too. I failed the first time on what the tester deemed a 'dangerous right turn'; I still dispute this. Anyway, my only advice would be relax, plan in advance, and if you're not sure of a maneuver play it safe. It's better to get a grade 2 fault for lack of progress than a grade 3 one like I did :rolleyes:.

Where was the right turn ?i will keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

If you haven't already have a read of this booklet. I think they might ask some questions on stuff in it like the POWDER thing etc... It might be already covered in the new Rules of the Road I cant remember.

Thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

Best of luck with it Kevin8.

I did my test in Naas too. I failed the first time on what the tester deemed a 'dangerous right turn'; I still dispute this. Anyway, my only advice would be relax, plan in advance, and if you're not sure of a maneuver play it safe. It's better to get a grade 2 fault for lack of progress than a grade 3 one like I did :rolleyes:.

be careful with the lack of progress though. I failed on lack of progress my first time. take your time on the junctions and turns if your unsure but get up to the speed limit once its safe to do it.

Passed the test a couple of grade 2(blue) and a few Grade 1(green).
    Wasn't really nervous as i went for a pre-test to to be sure of everything and then drove normally.

Thanks for the good luck wishes ****ing delighted

Well done Kevin8. Now the 2 year clock shall start ticking.

I finally got my licence back yesterday, it took them 3 weeks to send it back, now only 727 days to go for restriction free riding :D

Kevin8 wrote: »
    Passed the test a couple of grade 2(blue) and a few Grade 1(green).
    Wasn't really nervous as i went for a pre-test to to be sure of everything and then drove normally.

Thanks for the good luck wishes ****ing delighted

Excellent news Kev, nice to have that behind you now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Well done, enjoy the freedom of no langer jacket :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

thecivvie wrote: »
    Well done, enjoy the freedom of no langer jacket :)

Does anybody actually wear them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

You just might have too soon.....just without the L :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Cannot turn up to a test with a clean langer jacket, have to wear it in to make it dirty

Join Ireland Weather Network

I did, for the journey to the test centre and the test itself ;)

I have seen less than 10 in use since they were introduced 3ish years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesieboy

Lads I just passed my test this morning out in Tallaght. The tester gave me two grade 2 marks for failure to make progress, even though I thought I was going at a decent clip the whole time. Also got two grade 2 marks for bad positioning when I was making right turns.

Still though, am delighted to have passed. I did a pre-test lesson with Dave Lyons on Monday morning, and in my opinion it was INVALUABLE. I don't think I would have passed it without the instruction he gave me.

I have no connection with Dave or his business, and am not advertising on his behalf. Just want to pass on a bit of info on what I consider to be a service that was well worth the money and which worked out well for me.

Congrats Jamesieboy

Well done James

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesieboy

Cheers all. Gonna start putting a few bob into the credit union each month so that in two years time I can make a downpayment on a Hayabusa!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jamesieboy wrote: »
    Lads I just passed my test this morning out in Tallaght. The tester gave me two grade 2 marks for failure to make progress, even though I thought I was going at a decent clip the whole time. Also got two grade 2 marks for bad positioning when I was making right turns.

Still though, am delighted to have passed. I did a pre-test lesson with Dave Lyons on Monday morning, and in my opinion it was INVALUABLE. I don't think I would have passed it without the instruction he gave me.

I have no connection with Dave or his business, and am not advertising on his behalf. Just want to pass on a bit of info on what I consider to be a service that was well worth the money and which worked out well for me.

I would make sweet sweet love to Dave if he would let me. And I'm straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

fair play. I was absolutely delighted when I passed mine. good luck with the busa

• Advertisement

I saw this written in an article today and it made me chuckle:

"Ride like you’re invisible and everybody else is drunk"

Good advice all the same :D

Advertisement