Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writers' Bloc - Creative Writing Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I'm concerned by the large number of people in the T.W.O. Finals thread who appear to be voting wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

your face is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Right now, I am the bear you do not want to poke. :( :mad::(:mad::(:mad:

• Advertisement

poke

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Right now, I am the bear you do not want to poke. :( :mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Are you doing that thing where we ask you what's up and you say "I don't want to talk about it!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Are you doing that thing where we ask you what's up and you say "I don't want to talk about it!"?

That thing is hella annoying

• Advertisement

No, no most definitely not. *shakes head*

I killed a document on my laptop. Killed it stone dead. One I really did not want to kill. Do I have a back-up? Ha, ha ha, no, I do not. Why? Because that would be sensible. Clever even. Which, evidently I am not.

(Oh, and Antilles - "RAWR.")

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

No, no most definitely not. *shakes head*

I killed a document on my laptop. Killed it stone dead. One I really did not want to kill. Do I have a back-up? Ha, ha ha, no, I do not. Why? Because that would be sensible. Clever even. Which, evidently I am not.

(Oh, and Antilles - "RAWR.")

Aw, man! I know exactly how that feels. I managed to accidentally delete a large file and all its backups a few months back. Never had the heart to rewrite it.

We've all been there! :(

I've deleted folders which contained the documents I was working on as well as the dozens of backups and alternate versions I'd made. Usually I only realise I wanteto keep the stuff after I've clicked "Yes" to the third or fourth "Are you sure?" message.

if i ever start on this stupid writing again, ill make sure to back up loads
    in the meantime, i need yet another notebook ><

bluewolf wrote: »
    if i ever start on this stupid writing again, ill make sure to back up loads
    in the meantime, i need yet another notebook ><

YAY! EXCUSE FOR STATIONARY SHOPPING! YAY! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    YAY! EXCUSE FOR STATIONARY SHOPPING! YAY! :D

I'd rather be in motion when I shop :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd rather be in motion when I shop :pac:

*groan*

:D:):D

Still feeling sad. Was actually getting somewhere. Spent the weekend searching for the missing stuff at the bottom of tubs of Ben & Jerry's. No luck. :(

On the plus side, think I've eaten enough Phish Food to safely say I never want to see the stuff again. Every cloud blah-di-blah...

TK Maxx is a mecca for notebooks at times. Especially really pretty Italian leather ones that I can justify because they're so *ahem* affordable.

Still feeling sad. Was actually getting somewhere. Spent the weekend searching for the missing stuff at the bottom of tubs of Ben & Jerry's. No luck. :(

On the plus side, think I've eaten enough Phish Food to safely say I never want to see the stuff again. Every cloud blah-di-blah...

TK Maxx is a mecca for notebooks at times. Especially really pretty Italian leather ones that I can justify because they're so *ahem* affordable.

Awww that IS sad. It's so hard to recapture your work, because nothing flows like that first time. Ok, so when you go back over the first draft you'll probably improve, but it's really tough to get it all back on the page again, so much to remember. You'll prrrretty much have to relive the book again. Tough, but doable. Have heart Phish Phood Phan!

But, TK Maxx and notebooks? You've reminded me of this and now I feel I'll be forced to go. Had to move apartment/pay doctor bills, so missed out on my stationary mission to Italia, so TK Maxx here I come! What TK Maxx do you frequent for the best in notebooks?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Awww that IS sad. It's so hard to recapture your work, because nothing flows like that first time. Ok, so when you go back over the first draft you'll probably improve, but it's really tough to get it all back on the page again, so much to remember. You'll prrrretty much have to relive the book again. Tough, but doable. Have heart Phish Phood Phan!

But, TK Maxx and notebooks? You've reminded me of this and now I feel I'll be forced to go. Had to move apartment/pay doctor bills, so missed out on my stationary mission to Italia, so TK Maxx here I come! What TK Maxx do you frequent for the best in notebooks?

Limerick, but there have also been exceptionally fruitful trips to the one in Cork too. Even Portlaoise produced a few cute ones. Have never been to the one in Blanch, and have never really looked for notebooks in the one in town (funny how I've been out of Dublin for 6 months now and it's still town...) But beware, the household things will get you and you'll come home with a car full of things and no money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

I want to get some new stationary. I don't really need it, but I want it. Plus we seem to be running out of pens lately. I don't know why, all I know is that I need to buy more pens.

Also, I intended to do some writing today, I did (almost 4000 words) but not the fiction kind that I intended >.<

CD. wrote: »
    I want to get some new stationary. I don't really need it, but I want it. Plus we seem to be running out of pens lately. I don't know why, all I know is that I need to buy more pens.

Also, I intended to do some writing today, I did (almost 4000 words) but not the fiction kind that I intended >.<

I tell people we're running out of pens too, and then I go and buy more and everybody in the office loves me.

I just hope they never see the massive pen collection I'm building up in my bag :/

Pens seem to just disappear in the house. I don't know where they go. there was at least 20 pens floating around earlier when I didn't need them, then when i did I couldn't find any at all.

It's a vicious cycle. I lose pens so I buy more which I then lose.

All I know is, pens are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Pens are awesome alright but only when there is paper about.

Writers block is awesome as well if you have decided not to be a writer.

I found that blogging was a great way to unclog writers block, once i was blogging I felt bad about not writing my story.

Paperchase fine (click-y) pens. They have a black barrel, silver nib and I ADORE them.

I use pens even if there isn't paper about. My arms are all the paper I need. It is, after all, just unprocessed vellum.
    I usually write on the back of my hands, even managed to write ideas up to the elbow once during a particularly boring school day, much to the chagrin of my dad.

I've never really had writers block. At least not in any official capacity, though there have been times where it would be perhaps months between writing something due to nothing pushing me to sit down and write.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

I've never really had writers block. At least not in any official capacity, though there have been times where it would be perhaps months between writing something due to nothing pushing me to sit down and write.

I don't mean to be negative but technically not being motivated to write is a sort of writers block. But as you have come out the other side then alls well!:D

Pens seem to just disappear in the house. I don't know where they go. there was at least 20 pens floating around earlier when I didn't need them, then when i did I couldn't find any at all.

It's a vicious cycle. I lose pens so I buy more which I then lose.

All I know is, pens are awesome

Very true! :D
    Paperchase fine (click-y) pens. They have a black barrel, silver nib and I ADORE them.

I didn't realise Paperchase did pens! I approve of their notebooks, now I simply must find their pens!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Stationery. Stationary. I have a mental block with these two words. No matter how many times I look them up I can never remember which one is pens and paper and which one is standing still. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Look it up in the dictionery?

Advertisement