Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw "Power to the people" 3 hour show 20/06 *spoilers etc*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Booker looked Jealous there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Why wouldn't punk want to be a part of this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I hope Cole uses that as entrance music from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Voltwad wrote: »
    I hope Cole uses that as entrance music from now on

That would be great hahaha.

Punk for a run in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Elimination match, just what I was hoping for. :):)

Had to be elimination there are 20 minutes left & then one fall to a finish is just a normal match isn't it.

This raw has done the impossible and has held my concentration for the 3 hours. Good job, wwe!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Colilfc

3 vs Cena? and Cena to win :rolleyes:

Colilfc wrote: »
    3 vs Cena? and Cena to win :rolleyes:

Orton I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Colilfc

CMpunked wrote: »
    Orton I'd say.

Won't be A-Ry anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

how is that not disqualification?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Voltwad wrote: »
    The thing that is odd about this situation, is that when Brian Danielson (Daniel Brian) and Awesome Kong (Kharma) signed with WWE they (WWE) made sure to change their name. Why they didn't do the same thing with punk when they signed him in the first place?

If I remember correctly, it was thanks to Heyman, who fought for Punk to be promoted to tv and fought for him to be able to use the name people knew him for.

Huh, Punk posted this on Twitter three hours ago...
    "I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.
    I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.
    Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX"

It was only when I was on another board that someone posted the following link:

http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/15096.html

Punk posted the exact same message in 2006 after making a similiar announcement in ROH. He went on to win the title and stay on with ROH for some time, apparently starting the "Summer of Punk".

So maybe his decision to leave isn't exactly clear cut yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

how long is it since Cena has won clean?
    he's lost to Truth & Punk, and won with interference from Austin, Brett, Orton, and even Little Jimmy.
    looks like Vince might be copping on that he's alienating too many fans with the Super Cena persona.

hopefully the title will go elsewhere via Punk at MITB, and we might even get a Cena heel turn, bringing back The Doctor of Thuganomics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

how long is it since Cena has won clean?
    he's lost to Truth & Punk, and won with interference from Austin, Brett, Orton, and even Little Jimmy.
    looks like Vince might be copping on that he's alienating too many fans with the Super Cena persona.

hopefully the title will go elsewhere via Punk at MITB, and we might even get a Cena heel turn, bringing back The Doctor of Thuganomics
    Yeah and pigs will fly... :pac:

but seriously, the only chance Cena has of turning heel is for WM 28 against the Rock, since we all know hes the cash of cow of WWE for some time now, but even thats a stretch. Id say it will be a good (actually, no, shít) 2-4 years until we see a fully heel Cena return. Its been 6-7 years since he was heel :eek: !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't read the thread so I don't know if anyone else has predicted this, but I'm betting Punk beats Cena at MITB, but one of the MITB winners from earlier that night comes down after and beats Punk.

One theory I'm seeing buzzing about regarding Ryan being chosen after Cara...people were voting for K2 after the decisions had been switched and a portion of his votes went over to Ryan by mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Everything about last night screamed out Summer of Punk, which was one of best ROH only bettered by CZW vs ROH. Hopefully Punk does it and we have the two MITB winners trying to get back the belt over the summer months, ending with Punk loosing the belt at Summerslam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

for the 2nd week in row i taught raw was good, punk stole the show again, the promo at the start was very good, when he said he was the best ''wrestler'', i'm sure i could hear vince in the back shouting your an entertainer damnit, looking forward to see over the next month how this develops, promo's should be interesting considering punk is on fire with his and cena is...well cena.

also anyone else think that stf cena put on christian looked fairly real and very painful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ryder should invite Punk onto his show, that would REALLY piss Vince off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I liked this Raw. Lots of good stuff on it, only a few meh moments.

Punk is awesome though. Not sure there is enough in the WWE to keep me watching should he actually leave.

Although if he did go, he could reboot in 6 months as a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

thought it was a good raw only thing that worries me other then punk seemingly leaving is i think there setting mark henry up to be the main heel againist orton

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    thought it was a good raw only thing that worries me other then punk seemingly leaving is i think there setting mark henry up to be the main heel againist orton

Orton and Henry are both on SD and I'd say Christian and Sheamus would be the top heels there

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

WWE's facebook: Sham vote screws Sin Cara: WWE apologizes to the WWE Universe, Raw's "Power to the People" voters, and especially Sin Cara and Evan Bourne. The match vote was inaccurate due to a heavy backlog of votes from the Divas Title Match. More details on WWE.com throughout the day.

Connorzee wrote: »
    WWE's facebook: Sham vote screws Sin Cara: WWE apologizes to the WWE Universe, Raw's "Power to the People" voters, and especially Sin Cara and Evan Bourne. The match vote was inaccurate due to a heavy backlog of votes from the Divas Title Match. More details on WWE.com throughout the day.

Yeah, posted that theory earlier. Fair play to them for achknowledging it. Wonder if they'll book Bourne vs Cara for Smackdown tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Yeah, posted that theory earlier. Fair play to them for achknowledging it. Wonder if they'll book Bourne vs Cara for Smackdown tonight?
    i hope so, i was lookin forward to it last night!

Text Voting Inaccurate in Raw's Power to the People
    WWE would like to apologize for technical difficulties that occurred during the “Power to the People” edition of Raw on Monday night.

The interactive event aimed to give the WWE Universe the ability to choose what they wanted to see on their television screens. Unfortunately, uncontrollable difficulties created by an influx of heavy voting traffic resulted in not every one of the more-than 697,000 recorded votes to be properly counted. WWE television production had no idea of these issues until after the show had ended.

During Monday’s Raw broadcast, WWE fans were given the option to text A, B or C to 46993 (GOWWE) in order to decide what they wanted to happen on the show. Things went perfectly at first when text votes selected Kelly Kelly (option B) to take on Brie Bella for the Divas Championship. However, our vote tabulating provider’s system became overwhelmed, causing these votes to spill into later polls. This technical mishap soon led to Mason Ryan (also option B) being voted into a match against Evan Bourne — even though, as it was later discovered, Sin Cara had received 90 percent of the total votes in WWE.com's Live Chat poll, and should have been Bourne's opponent.

Votes for the third poll’s bout — Kane vs. Mark Henry in an Arm Wrestling Contest — were counted correctly. However, problems began to occur again during the next poll determining a match stipulation between United States Champion Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston. At this point, so many text votes were received that the system overloaded, crashed and had to be restarted.

With little information to work from, WWE management selected to follow the system’s earliest projections, which determined that the 2-out-of-3 Falls Match had been the people’s choice. It was not until later that it was discovered that “Vickie Guerrero Banned from Ringside” was actually the top vote getter.

Restarting the tabulating system allowed for things to run smoothly with the voting for the Triple Threat Match to determine a No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship going off without a hitch.

Stand by for more details to be reported by WWE.com throughout the day.

• Advertisement

RE: Punk's promo...

The Creative Recall blog had the following in this week's recap of Raw
    - My buddy @toojiggy tweeted, “CM Punk just called himself a wrestler.” CM Punk says and does what he wants and doesn’t worry about the result. I remember writing a promo with him and Vince specifically wanted Punk NOT to say “One nation under Punk…” as he thought it was trite. Punk said he was saying it and walked right up to Vince in Gorilla right before his promo, flat out told him he was saying it and Vince said, “ok.”

http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/

Advertisement