Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burzynski, A supressed cure for Cancer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭SlanGoFoil2011

Anyone who watches and believes anything in this infomercial is a fool or at best not educated in the medical or science fields.

But it is alot easier to watch a 2 hour video with a bowl of popcorn than to read a newspaper article - so I very much doubt any of you "believers" will actually read all this.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2009-01-01/news/cancer-doctor-stanislaw-burzynski-sees-himself-as-a-crusading-researcher-not-a-quack/

Also do you really think all the 1000s of cancer doctors are evil geniuses plotting the death of millions of people.

Come and face reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Anyone who watches and believes anything in this infomercial is a fool or at best not educated in the medical or science fields.

But it is alot easier to watch a 2 hour video with a bowl of popcorn than to read a newspaper article - so I very much doubt any of you "believers" will actually read all this.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2009-01-01/news/cancer-doctor-stanislaw-burzynski-sees-himself-as-a-crusading-researcher-not-a-quack/

Also do you really think all the 1000s of cancer doctors are evil geniuses plotting the death of millions of people.

Come and face reality.

No, there's just no money or anything positive to be gained from a cancer cure. Nothing, zip. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

fontanalis wrote: »
    No, there's just no money or anything positive to be gained from a cancer cure. Nothing, zip. :rolleyes:
    Ah so all the guys in the videos give all their services, treatments, talks and books all for free?

I bet these guys promoting these "miracle cures" on this site are all doctors - no scruffy students with too much time on their hands.

I also bet none of you are actually effected by cancer.

Talk is cheap.

I also bet you have not read the acticle and base your whole belief on the infomercial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Talk E wrote: »

Now lads, before you go to your usual debunk hangouts and skeppie forums,watch the bloody documentary. :)

http://www.houstonpress.com/2009-01-...r-not-a-quack/

F*cks sake :rolleyes:

I have watched the video and read the article.

Love to hear from people who have done both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

No. Fools are people who believe everything they're told. Mindless idiots who behave like sheep.

So you believe what a minority say and that makes you right.

Hate to see when the Scientologists get a hold of you.

Bet You Still Havent Read The Article and Watched the Video.

You lot are all the same - love a big show and think you are smarter than those people who got 600 points in the leaving because you have 100 points a Cert and Street Wise.

"I aint no sheep"

profitius wrote: »
    No. Fools are people who believe everything they're told. Mindless idiots who behave like sheep.
    So why do you believe what you're being told in a internet video or by pseudo-scientists trying to sell people bleach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

So you believe what a minority say and that makes you right.

Hate to see when the Scientologists get a hold of you.

Bet You Still Havent Read The Article and Watched the Video.

You lot are all the same - love a big show and think you are smarter than those people who got 600 points in the leaving because you have 100 points a Cert and Street Wise.

"I aint no sheep"

I was waiting for the first one to mouth.. "quack".

I thought it would be Data as "quack" is one of his favorite words.

But you are the winner Slan. Here is your badge.

sheep_badge-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Behave yourselves and stop snipping at each other.

Didnt say quack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Didnt say quack

Are you a doctor? Just asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ed2hands wrote: »
    Are you a doctor? Just asking.

Are you? Just asking.

Just being facetious really.

How about someone discuss the topic? I might put my head in when I've watched the doc.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Are you? Just asking.

Just being facetious really.

How about someone discuss the topic? I might put my head in when I've watched the doc.

:)No. But nor do i believe that all the 1000s of cancer doctors are evil geniuses plotting the death of millions of people. Was a sincere question.

King Mob wrote: »
    So why do you believe what you're being told in a internet video or by pseudo-scientists trying to sell people bleach.

Its very interesting and there seems to be real science behind. Do I beleive it 100%? No. Do I disbelieve it 100%? No. Like I said I have an open mind on it. Its a good place to start. ;)

So if you get cancer, its Rock Paper Sissors as to which treatment you get

Its very interesting and there seems to be real science behind.
    Can you explain the science behind it?
    How do you know that the people who are selling this treatment aren't just throwing out scientific sounding nonsense, like say "super charging your immune system"?

King Mob wrote: »
    Can you explain the science behind it?
    How do you know that the people who are selling this treatment aren't just throwing out scientific sounding nonsense, like say "super charging your immune system"?

They were my words.

What the doctor says in the video is straight forward. Get more oxygen into the body basically.

I'd sooner listen to these people then big companies who make billions of dollars from cancer. Why would they want to stop the money coming in?

• Advertisement

They were my words.
    Yes I know, and if you think that it's a scientifically sound statement, you really aren't a good judge of whether there is real science behind it.
    What the doctor says in the video is straight forward. Get more oxygen into the body basically.
    And why does this work exactly?
    How do you know it's a plausible (or even sane) possibility?
    I'd sooner listen to these people then big companies who make billions of dollars from cancer. Why would they want to stop the money coming in?
    But why would you listen to these people?
    They have money to make just like the evil companies, but your guys don't have to deal with stuff like proof of efficacy, safety testing or accountability.

From experience I know talking to you is like talking to a wall. My time is too valuable to be spending it on you. No offense.

why would he want to deal with someone who respects proof.

He is off to shake his wind chimes

From experience I know talking to you is like talking to a wall. My time is too valuable to be spending it on you. No offense.
    Yea, me asking basic questions is just too frustrating. Especially when you don't want to actually question your own beliefs.

You'd think I was asking a unsolvable riddle or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I get the feeling you are basing a large portion of your argument on the premise that the FDA are somehow blocking this miracle treatment for the gain of "big pharma". That is highly highly unlikely. The FDA ia composed of a wide variety of people who at the end of the day want the safest most efficacious medication to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

gpf101 wrote: »
    I get the feeling you are basing a large portion of your argument on the premise that the FDA are somehow blocking this miracle treatment for the gain of "big pharma". That is highly highly unlikely. The FDA ia composed of a wide variety of people who at the end of the day want the safest most efficacious medication to be available.

You are wrong.
    It's not my premise.
    I wish people would actually watch the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I'm amazed that nobody has taken the time to watch this film.
    The amount of uninformed kneejerker responses is probably my own fault for originally posting this in AH. At the time I was unsure whether to believe the medical claims. I did make a mistake using the phrase 'big pharma' it is an actual organisation called PhRMA.

After watching the film a second time I am now onside with Dr. Burzynski and feel that his treatment by the FDA and vested interests in the medical fraternity was definitely criminal and directly led to the deaths of many.

The time restriction on the film has been removed and it is still available to watch online. Every claim made is referenced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Well I watched half the film and read the article. Bearing in mind that the film is putting his case, it's understandable that it leaves out a lot of the stuff that is raised in the article. But unless the film addresses the issues about his other miracle cures (anti-ageing cream) and his support from other pseudoscientists in the second half, then it is doing the viewer a disservice.

As usual, I'll put in the usual caveat that I'd be delighted if this cure was what it claimed to be, but my suspicion is that it may simply be a means for the man who arrived in the US with $15 to amass a fortune.

Maybe throw a bit of balance

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/24/us/to-the-hopeless-a-cancer-cure-beckons.html?src=pm

At least Monty has some interest in Balance or Scienece or Common Sense

• Advertisement

Maybe throw a bit of balance

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/24/us/to-the-hopeless-a-cancer-cure-beckons.html?src=pm

At least Monty has some interest in Balance or Scienece or Common Sense

A good article. Quite balanced actually. He certainly has plenty of support.
    The FDA has strict guidelines for very good reasons abviously, but is it a wholly uncorrupt organisation in your opinion?

Advertisement