Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Austin wrestle another match?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

But isn't Punk meant to be leaving ?? Hope it turns into an angle of some kind be another huge loss to the WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

drayme wrote: »
    I get the impression they dont get along.

Pray tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Dancor wrote: »
    Pray tell?

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Dancor wrote: »
    Pray tell?

Austin didnt have too much to say about him in his book and just a general vibe over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Didn't Austin refuse to drop the belt to Triple H at SummerSlam 99 so Foley won a triple threat between the 3 and dropped it the next night to...Triple H what a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd imagine main-eventers around for HHH's rise to power in the early 2000s aren't thrilled with doing business with him ever again.

I'm sure it what made it easier for Rock to leave in 2002-3 was the bullsh!t power struggle/politics HHH carved out for himself. Can only imagine, same with Austin.

...that said, as I made a thread about it before, Austin didn't really put anyone over (if you don't count the entire WWF :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Austin didn't really put anyone over (if you don't count the entire WWF :p)

unfortunately, you couldn't put anyone over Austin that time.

he didn't need to politick, WWE just had to look at the numbers to see what was working.

i'm sure the roster got over it due to their rising paychecks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Surely Austin put over Triple H? He lost 2 straight falls to him in the Three Stages of Hell match. Then tagging with him in the Two Man Power Trip etc.

A few others benefited from feuding with him too.

How did Austin lose to HHH at No Way Out but still headlined WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

How did Austin lose to HHH at No Way Out but still headlined WM?

Austin won the Rumble that year

• Advertisement

Austin won the Rumble that year

Cheers. So they were fighting over nothing? bit odd! even odder to have the RR winner lose @ No Way Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cheers. So they were fighting over nothing? bit odd! even odder to have the RR winner lose @ No Way Out!

i think it was a way to end their feud cause they both attacked each other in royal rumble austin attacked hhh when he was fighting angle for title and hhh attacked austin as he was about to enter royal rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

it was revealed HHH was behind Rikishi running over Austin at Survivor Series long story short they ended the feud at NWO

That's so weird; the face loses the feud but still main events!

Advertisement