Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark shadow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

i told her to do the usual,ask the spirit to leave that its frightening them all,advised to get a psychic in even went as far as telling her to use holy water......i renounced religion but have my own beliefs....another day another forum lol

If this is happening in 3 separate places, perhaps the problem isn't external but is instead something internal.

Poltergeist activity has often been linked to early trauma and mental health or emotional issues.

Maybe dealing with any outstanding emotional issues with a counsellor or even a medium (i feel dirty advising a medium btw) would make the paranormal stuff stop. As a sceptic, i'd be of the opinion that indulging in the paranormal could allow someone to ignore internal problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Hi Mick,

I believe some ghosts are psychokinetic or mind-over-matter..... it could be that if your friend is extremely psychic (and unhappy) she has unknowingly created a poltergeist

Others could be traumatic incidents that are replaying over and over complete with sights sounds and smells but with no conscious being involved...like a magnetic tape loop

Then some are conscious beings who have not realised they are dead and are just confused....or loved ones saying 'hi' but most of these would be friendly...

By the sound of what youve described and if all the action seems to be centered around your friend I would say it is the first.
    I would recommend she sees a psychotherapist or counsellor to work through some of her emotional issues or this kind of thing will just continue to happen...trying to resolve this by bringing in psychics is not going to help her, if anything it will just make a circus out of her experience (although she may get some short term comfort)

I have a lot of psychic friends and the ones who successfully integrate their abilities into daily life as a gift rather than a curse are the ones who do a lot of work on themselves in this 3D reality and ground the energies rather than fly to the moon with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

lolo62 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

I believe some ghosts are psychokinetic or mind-over-matter..... it could be that if your friend is extremely psychic (and unhappy) she has unknowingly created a poltergeist

Others could be traumatic incidents that are replaying over and over complete with sights sounds and smells but with no conscious being involved...like a magnetic tape loop

Then some are conscious beings who have not realised they are dead and are just confused....or loved ones saying 'hi' but most of these would be friendly...

By the sound of what youve described and if all the action seems to be centered around your friend I would say it is the first.
    I would recommend she sees a psychotherapist or counsellor to work through some of her emotional issues or this kind of thing will just continue to happen...trying to resolve this by bringing in psychics is not going to help her, if anything it will just make a circus out of her experience (although she may get some short term comfort)

I have a lot of psychic friends and the ones who successfully integrate their abilities into daily life as a gift rather than a curse are the ones who do a lot of work on themselves in this 3D reality and ground the energies rather than fly to the moon with them!

sounds good although i dont think its my place to recommend a psychotherapist or counsellor as she can fly off the handle at small things lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

big time touchy subject alright! unfortunately what a person hears when any kind of therapy/counselling is sugested is 'theres something wrong with you'

i know theres a lot of shamans working these days who are also psychotherapists...a lot of healers seem to be qualifiying themselves in both western traditional and metaphysical methods so maybe something like that would be less daunting than being packed off to a 'shrink' so to speak...

my heart goes out to her though it sounds terrifying.

lolo62 wrote: »
    big time touchy subject alright! unfortunately what a person hears when any kind of therapy/counselling is sugested is 'theres something wrong with you'

i know theres a lot of shamans working these days who are also psychotherapists...a lot of healers seem to be qualifiying themselves in both western traditional and metaphysical methods so maybe something like that would be less daunting than being packed off to a 'shrink' so to speak...

my heart goes out to her though it sounds terrifying.

ill tell her in a way trust me im good with words:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭squonk

OP that picture was so vague I could have made anything out of it. Would you not tell your friend to cop onto herself and get a grip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You would be surprised at how many believers would actually dismiss that photo and other photos like it. Iv seen many do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

she says shes seeing smoke around the house and general poltergeist activity.6 faces :pac: i need my eyes tested lol
    She should cut out smoking the weed so......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dee12_7

When I first looked at that pic I instantly saw what looks like a pair of nostrils belonging to a dog or something inside the circle.That's just my observation anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

It looks like the cartoon character Skeeter outta Doug Funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Pink diamonds

I can definetly see a face in that picture, and my daughter seen it straight way too,also some people commenting on this if you've got nothing helpful to say keep your silly opinions to yourself, it gets boring...

I can definetly see a face in that picture, and my daughter seen it straight way too,also some people commenting on this if you've got nothing helpful to say keep your silly opinions to yourself, it gets boring...

Most of us on the paranormal threads are used to the ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

How is that photo paranormal related in any way whatsoever? Are you telling me you've told someone they have a ghost based on that photo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

maccored wrote: »
    How is that photo paranormal related in any way whatsoever? Are you telling me you've told someone they have a ghost based on that photo??

As everyone knows I rarely see eye to eye with Maccored :D and we constructively butt heads but on this occasion I agree with this statement. There is no way anyone could claim anything from that picture. I am not going to get into depth about pictures and their validity as proof or anything like that but there is nothing in that picture.

hey a friend took this pic and sent it to me because im a big believer in the paranormal,anyway she sent the pic and i asked was it her shadow reflecting and she said no that the shadow was there only after she took the photo,at night she says she can hear crying and things are being moved about,after i looked at the pic i can see a face i have it circled,.....also in before skeptics if you wanna dis the photo please start another thread in the skeptics corner :pac:

so what are your thoughts on it?

Quoting for people who don't read,so no I didnt say it was a spirit,she said it to me,can a mod lock this please im sick of it now!

Advertisement