Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark shadow

Options
  • 17-06-2011 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

hey a friend took this pic and sent it to me because im a big believer in the paranormal,anyway she sent the pic and i asked was it her shadow reflecting and she said no that the shadow was there only after she took the photo,at night she says she can hear crying and things are being moved about,after i looked at the pic i can see a face i have it circled,.....also in before skeptics if you wanna dis the photo please start another thread in the skeptics corner :pac:

so what are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I can see at least 6 faces in that, in various poses. It's basic simulacra, nothing to it man. What was it supposed to be of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Urizen wrote: »
    I can see at least 6 faces in that, in various poses. It's basic simulacra, nothing to it man. What was it supposed to be of?

she says shes seeing smoke around the house and general poltergeist activity.6 faces :pac: i need my eyes tested lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

i need my eyes tested lol

Nah, tis human nature. Once you start looking for them, you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Out of curiousity, what is the picture actually of? The quality...

raveni wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Out of curiousity, what is the picture actually of? The quality...

typical phone cam,she said there was nothing there and it was just a random picture taken in the haunted room(which was my advice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Two options. One it's paradowhotsits or two, there is a demon living in the house and she's going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

Pareidolia , when I was a nipper the piles of clothes at the bottom of my bed used to terrify me by night, they were always a hideous monster of one type or another

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Urizen wrote: »

I've tried for the life of me, and can't even find one :). Can you point some out to me, im curious now.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Riamfada wrote: »
    Two options. One it's paradowhotsits or two, there is a demon living in the house and she's going to die.
    A heads up to you and anyone else posting in this thread. Because of a lot of p*taking replies on the forum of late Im on zero tolerance of any idiotic posts. This qualifies as such. I know y'all like a laugh but it puts off people who want genuine replies.

PerhAps a sticky linking to loads of information about pareidolia would end these homogenous threads and give people the information they need without having constant threads about it.

If you see a face in something, it's always what it is. If there was a sticky people would get the information.

• Advertisement

PerhAps a sticky linking to loads of information about pareidolia would end these homogenous threads and give people the information they need without having constant threads about it.

If you see a face in something, it's always what it is. If there was a sticky people would get the information.

These threads are the reason theres a paranormal forum and your comments are the reason theres a skeptics corner,fair enough you dont believe in ghosts or whatever but there are people that do and we dont need negative comments when we are just looking for opinions from believers.

These threads are the reason theres a paranormal forum and your comments are the reason theres a skeptics corner,fair enough you dont believe in ghosts or whatever but there are people that do and we dont need negative comments when we are just looking for opinions from believers.

I never said I don't believe in ghosts, I'm actually part of an investigation team and heading on one next week. I just Think there is more than enough information on the internet about this type of thing being 100 percent explained without having yet another discussion about the same thing.

If you are just looking from opinions from believers and don't want to hear the plain obvious I suggest you try a different forum because if it's not paranormal you will be told it's not.

I never said I don't believe in ghosts, I'm actually part of an investigation team and heading on one next week. I just Think there is more than enough information on the internet about this type of thing being 100 percent explained without having yet another discussion about the same thing.

If you are just looking from opinions from believers and don't want to hear the plain obvious I suggest you try a different forum because if it's not paranormal you will be told it's not.

fair enough but theres no need for the negative comments,simple as this i seen the face and have shown it to people without pointing out the face and they say the same thing,the girl in question is petrified at home as she can hear crying and things get moved around a lot and even at one point a bottle of coke was flung across the room with 3 people in it.

Okay but honestly it's can all be rationally explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

...Even believers need to evaluate the possibilities of rational explanations..The fact that this is the paranormal forum does not mean that every single image and story posted is cause by the supernatural.

Can everyone refrain from backseat modding here? If you have suggestions for how the forum is run by all means open a new thread for them. Wed be glad to get your insights. This thread is not the place for it tho.

I will take the time to address one point. If the p&m forum is anything to go by, people don't read stickies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

at one point a bottle of coke was flung across the room with 3 people in it.

How on earth did three people fit into a coke bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I guess you are trying to make joke out of the posted line. In the above given lines tallaghtmick tried to say a bottle of coke flung across the room in the presence of 3 people present there(in the room not in the coke bottle). :)

The pressure in the bottle caused the top to blow off and the bottle to dart a few feet across a room. Ive seen it before. The crying baby was a neighbour's child.

tbh id like oryx to lock this thread its full of time wasters and piss takers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Mick, if you believe there's a ghost in that photo then good on you man. However you can't expect to come to a public forum frequented by believers and demand that they affirm your belief.

Gremlin wrote: »
    Mick, if you believe there's a ghost in that photo then good on you man. However you can't expect to come to a public forum frequented by believers and demand that they affirm your belief.

If you cant see anything then why post simply looking for thanks with cheeky comments,theres a skeptics corner for a reason.

If you cant see anything then why post simply looking for thanks with cheeky comments,theres a skeptics corner for a reason.

Did I say anything sceptical about your post? If so please report it to a moderator.

Opinion is totally allowed here. Making fun of other opinions is not. Noone here has a final word, as in 'I'm right and youre wrong' its all about discussion and ideas on what something might be. You are not allowed to bash someone over the head with your opinion no matter which 'side' you're on.

And another grammar Nazi joke like the coke one above will be infraction worthy.

Did I say anything sceptical about your post? If so please report it to a moderator.

Did i name anyone?

Mick, I'm not getting into a childish debate with you. Good luck.

In fairness to you, you did start the thread looking for opinion on the wider issue of strange events at your friends house and the whole issue of the photo seemed to take over. So your original reason for posting has not really been served.

I might suggest you get your friend to document events as they happen. This will help your friend review whats going on in a more structured context.

Mick, I'm not getting into a childish debate with you. Good luck.

In fairness to you, you did start the thread looking for opinion on the wider issue of strange events at your friends house and the whole issue of the photo seemed to take over. So your original reason for posting has not really been served.

I might suggest you get your friend to document events as they happen. This will help your friend review whats going on in a more structured context.

pretty much everything i mentioned is happening over and over,although i have noticed that spirits do follow her,shes lived in 3 seperate houses since ive known her and always has something happen,i dont know if its because she's had a very hard life i.e parents dying young,her having a child at a young age,suffering from depression etc.

pretty much everything i mentioned is happening over and over,although i have noticed that spirits do follow her,shes lived in 3 seperate houses since ive known her and always has something happen,i dont know if its because she's had a very hard life i.e parents dying young,her having a child at a young age,suffering from depression etc.

I'd say whether these spirits are real or not is not really that important. What is true is they are VERY real to your friend. Thats whats important. I really hope your friend has success dealing with some of these awful issues and maybe this might just help the spirits leave her alone.

I'd say whether these spirits are real or not is not really that important. What is true is they are VERY real to your friend. Thats whats important. I really hope your friend has success dealing with some of these awful issues and maybe this might just help the spirits leave her alone.

i told her to do the usual,ask the spirit to leave that its frightening them all,advised to get a psychic in even went as far as telling her to use holy water......i renounced religion but have my own beliefs....another day another forum lol

• Advertisement

i told her to do the usual,ask the spirit to leave that its frightening them all,advised to get a psychic in even went as far as telling her to use holy water......i renounced religion but have my own beliefs....another day another forum lol

Just one last bit of advice before I sign off on this threas, (and before anyone says so I'm not saying anything againsts psychics). It's just that the world of psychics can be fraught with danger and I don't think anyone would argue that there are a lot of unscrupulous people who would take advantage of your vulnerable friend. Before she lets anyone next or near her house, I would check them out thouroughly, a trip to the p&m forum would be helpful.

Advertisement