Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women trying to protect their M5 from Vancouver rioters.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

digme wrote: »
    how i would love to break that little pricks nose doing that to a girls car.
    This comes to mind, tbh; NSFW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

And they also found time to make out and boob grab, so hey, Canadian romance isn't dead yet.

Turns out she was mowed down by rushing riot police.. Boyfriend was comforting her til paramedics showed up!

Id be raging if that was my car... The fairly large torque wrench would be coming out of the boot and id be swinging without disregard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

The fairly large torque wrench would be coming out of the boot and id be swinging without disregard...
    Run flat tyres are a bitch. No torque wrench

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

without wanting to sound dumb, but do bimmers come with torque wrenches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

kona wrote: »
    without wanting to sound dumb, but do bimmers come with torque wrenches?

No, they come with standard wheel nut wrenches, not actual "torque" wrenches.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there are cowardly scum all over the world who will get brave when there are hundreds of them and only a couple of small girls. It's no different in canada.

Thousands of people turning up on the streets the next day to clean up as much as possible and people identifying everyone they can from the various videos and pictures online is more the Canada of my experience. Accounts are that they crashed the police servers with all the data and tips coming in, including family members dragging relations to the cops themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Absolutely sickening seeing that happen to such a nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

and this was over ice hockey:confused:
    they should throw the team out of whatever league they are in,
    i heard canada was a nice country,

edit: this has happened before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HumpM

Another vid of a Electric smart car being smashed up even with solar panels on the roof

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a69_1308263500

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Someone should have told that girl she has a wheel brace in the boot, use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

'I was VB' probably isnt going to like this photo

264183_10150279666409853_509389852_9096405_5124243_n.jpg

high horse wrote: »
    Is that the Incredible Hulk crouched down behind the cop car?

Yep

254265_10150638815905237_676140236_18864382_3063298_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I've a hurley in the boot. I'm pretty tempted to use it on the clowns on the roads here, if that was me i would go down swinging. ****ing scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

those girls we very brave took on a few of the scumbags so driving through the crowd probably was not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

assholes....

all this riot becouse of fecking game.... i am sort of happy i newer was a fan of such sports...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Senna wrote: »
    Someone should have told that girl she has a wheel brace in the boot, use it.
    Seriously lads, you'd have to be a real simpleton to pull any sort of a weapon on a crowd like that. It's only a car, it's not worth dying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

While I know this is Canada, it always amazed me how American journalists will label Europeans as "soccer hooligans" eventhough the evidence shows that sports riots in the USA (and now obviously Canada) can be just as bad, if not worse.

I've never heard of anything like this happened after a sporting event, this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

It's a shame this guy didn't fall into the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Those girls look in their early 20's. No doubt Daddy bought the car and if he can afford to buy one for his 20-something daughter I'm sure he can afford another.

I'll save my outrage for something/someone more deserving.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

While I know this is Canada, it always amazed me how American journalists will label Europeans as "soccer hooligans" eventhough the evidence shows that sports riots in the USA (and now obviously Canada) can be just as bad, if not worse.

I've never heard of anything like this happened after a sporting event, this side of the pond.

are you kidding?

if you aren't do a quick google for milwall riots, 2002/2009. Manchester riots 2008, London 2006, cantania riots 2007. Just for a start. Most of which had less opportunist looting and crimes against property and much more actual violence against people, leading to serious injuries and deaths.

Even unreliable wiki has hundreds of more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Those girls look in their early 20's. No doubt Daddy bought the car and if he can afford to buy one for his 20-something daughter I'm sure he can afford another.

Maybe when your daughter is driving your car and something like this happens you will think differently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I actually feel sick to my stomach watching that video..

What a bunch of fcucking assholes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I was at a hockey game in Boston a few years ago and found the fans to be extremely intense. The difference between them and the basketball fans was unreal. The basketball supporters were really opitmistic and all "Go Team" and "D-Fence" even though they were getting hopped off. The hockey team was winning and the abuse they got from their own fans was unreal, I couldn't believe what they were like!

Maybe it's a hockey thing?*

*Don't mean to make a general assumption of all hockey fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

And queue Limerick man standing beside upside down burning car.
    limerick.png

There's always one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

DeepBlue wrote: »

Wow, your assumption makes you sound like a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If Daddy had bought the car and would just get another one I couldn't see them trying to take on a violent couple of hundred guys. That was the defense of a labor of love.

Sad thing to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

assholes....

all this riot becouse of fecking game.... i am sort of happy i newer was a fan of such sports...

What the hell are you on about? Such sports? You might want to get off your high horse there, it could be a long fall to the ground if you slipped ;)!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the sport, or any sport for that matter. It is to do with some retarded ****wits. If they weren't causing trouble because of hockey, it would be something else. Same with football hooligans, it's not due to football, it's just due to them being out to cause trouble and using football/whatever sport as an excuse. And before you start labeling people because of sports, there are people like that in all walks of life

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BDJW wrote: »
    What the hell are you on about? Such sports? You might want to get off your high horse there, it could be a long fall to the ground if you slipped ;)!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the sport, or any sport for that matter. It is to do with some retarded ****wits. If they weren't causing trouble because of hockey, it would be something else. Same with football hooligans, it's not due to football, it's just due to them being out to cause trouble and using football/whatever sport as an excuse. And before you start labeling people because of sports, there are people like that in all walks of life
    No sport causes hooliganism, but being part of a large group of fans does seem to tap into something very basic & tribal in people. It's a group energy - at it's best it can make for a great atmosphere at a match, but at its worst it can be something much much darker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

qz wrote: »
    Wow, your assumption makes you sound like a prick.

Warning given for that one. It was a step too far, and there was no need for it.

Advertisement