Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women trying to protect their M5 from Vancouver rioters.

Options
  • 17-06-2011 5:55pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Absolute scum of the earth, smashing up someones car. And having the owner/s there trying to stop it too.

It was already in a sorry state by the end of that video, i doubt it survived the night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Buffman

At least she got a few digs in.

I hope she's insured.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Buffman wrote: »
    At least she got a few digs in.

I hope she's insured.

Would insurance even cover damage caused in a riot!? I'd hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hope she had it insured and I hope the cnuts get caught:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Seriously, that many people stood by and watched that? And only 1 other girl helped? What a bunch of pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Would insurance even cover damage caused in a riot!? I'd hope so!

Pretty unlikely. Most insurance will not cover "Civil Unrest". Soccer hooligans in England wouldn't be that bad would they?

• Advertisement

i doubt it survived the night.

I'd say you're right, I think this is it in the background. I can't tell if it's the building or the car on fire.

Police-on-horseback-ride--013.jpg

She wasn't the only one who parked in a bad spot!

A-police-car-burns-during-005.jpg

gallery_shocking_scenes_from_the_vancouver_game_riots.jpg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Seriously, that many people stood by and watched that? And only 1 other girl helped? What a bunch of pussies.
    Welcome to the real world, i'm afraid. That was only a car - people get beaten to death and passers-by don't intervene.

Most of the rioters look like right handbags, couldn't drop a hard sh1t on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wow, I guess Canadians can be assholes too.
    For some reason I'd just pictured them all being super-nice.

biko wrote: »

Apparently a large part of Vancouver is a right junkie ridden kip. A buddy was over there at Christmas.

• Advertisement

In fairness to them you'll get these scumbags and the mob mentality everywhere.

Judging by comments on the facebook page that's been set up to identify the criminals most people there are rightly p1ssed with what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Jaysus! Layne Staley back from the dead in that second pic! He wasn't an asshole though.

3110043509_a37566c038.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

riot13.jpg?w=940&h=680

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

I may be a little slow but was there some sort of force field that prevented the ladies from getting into their car and doing a serious pussy squashing doughnut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Buffman wrote: »
    I'd say you're right, I think this is it in the background. I can't tell if it's the building or the car on fire.

She wasn't the only one who parked in a bad spot!

A-police-car-burns-during-005.jpg

Is that the Incredible Hulk crouched down behind the cop car?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

****ing scum, probably dont have their own cars - thats the only reason anyone with no respect would do something like that.

Why the hell didnt she get in and drive it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What part of vancouver is that? Looks like its by the train station on Hastings. Incidentally East Hastings is the **** hole crack infested dump. You would have to see some of the heads down their, if they are not smoking a joint they are on crackplanet, mumbling and starting fights looking like something from 28 days later.

As has been mentioned, Clutch in, into gear, foot down. See ya later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

kona wrote: »
    What part of vancouver is that? Looks like its by the train station on Hastings. Incidentally East Hastings is the **** hole crack infested dump. You would have to see some of the heads down their, if they are not smoking a joint they are on crackplanet, mumbling and starting fights looking like something from 28 days later.

As has been mentioned, Clutch in, into gear, foot down. See ya later.

Agreed. Mow the fudermuckers down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

As much as I'd like to mow the ****ers down and save my car I'd prefer not to spend the rest of my life in jail for manslaughter

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Note to self: avoid Vancouver like the f**king plague.

A picture from the "you laugh, you loose" thread: http://i.imgur.com/7shie.jpg

Says it all, really. I do hope the people who did damage to the car get caught, as well as any and all scumbags who caused damage.

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to mow the ****ers down and save my car I'd prefer not to spend the rest of my life in jail for manslaughter

One of the lads had to do this in kilbarrack a few weeks ago, put some scumbag in hospital, garda said it wasnt a problem.

If the police cant protect their own cars, they aint gunna protect yours, The crowd will move pretty fast if a car is coming at them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

johnos1984 wrote: »

That's what i was thinking when i watched it...but seriously, i probably would've got in the car. There's a video somewhere showing when the crowd got there, the windscreen was smashed by some scrote straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I read that it was actually a 520d and the crowd was discovered to be mainly made up of regular posters from the boards.ie motor subforum

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kona wrote: »
    If the police cant protect their own cars, they aint gunna protect yours, The crowd will move pretty fast if a car is coming at them.
    One of three things will happen:
    People will get out of the way
    People will not get out of your way, and get ran over
    People will stand in your way thinking they look "well hard" staring you down.

If they get out of your way, you get to live.

If you run people over, your car will probably get stuck, you'll be dragged from your car, and killed with fists, blades, and anything the protesters can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

For a moment of honesty something similar almost happened to me up North. I drove into a riot while it was going on and my southern reg attracted a lot of attention quickly.

Crowd started gathering and then a petrol bomb landed in front of me. I just put the foot down and got out of there, I wasn't really thinking about how I would explain any bonnet ornaments to the Police tbh. I was looking after my own/passengers skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Herd mentality is all I can say ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

how i would love to break that little pricks nose doing that to a girls car.
    Pack of idiotic sheep.

Was this all over losing a Hockey Game? I found Vancouver to be a great city, I honestley cant imagine their people doing that over something so dumb. Crack heads would, but they are crack heads.

Having said that Granville street at 3am was "interesting".

But honestly, a crowd of 100 people pissed off, rioting and targetting me? I wouldnt be getting out and throwing digs at them. I be out of there, regardless of what I had to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

biko wrote: »

To be fair, they only seem to turn jerk for Hockey, so I feel their delightful stereotype remains largely intact.

And they also found time to make out and boob grab, so hey, Canadian romance isn't dead yet.

I really want to go into town for a Tim Hortons all of a sudden.

• Advertisement

digme wrote: »
    how i would love to break that little pricks nose doing that to anybodys car.
    Pack of idiotic sheep.

FYP :)

Advertisement