Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Simon Keeling of weatheronline.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Even Google want it to snow:D

Type "Let it snow" in to Google and see what happens

Is it just me or does is look like theres graupel mixed in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

lolie wrote: »
    Is it just me or does is look like theres graupel mixed in

It's just you, under the strong influence of an over-fondness for the word graupel on the boards.ie weather forum.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

kkontour wrote: »

Unfortunately its only a minor flip to the negative side :mad:

185775.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Should of put up today obs instead of yesterday

185776.png

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

I think the ao will soon flip by end of this week, 14 days out it should be going neg lets hope so its like waiting on santa watching it every day , joe b seens to think this week may well see the changes start which will mean by mid jan the 10 to 15 day cold will effect USA, big question is will same effects happen over ireland , going by what mt and vogans forecasts theres a great chance it will.
    Best bet is around 10 th of jan till 7 th of feb best shot for a big freeze.

mcriot29 wrote: »
    I think the ao will soon flip by end of this week, 14 days out it should be going neg lets hope so its like waiting on santa watching it every day , joe b seens to think this week may well see the changes start which will mean by mid jan the 10 to 15 day cold will effect USA, big question is will same effects happen over ireland , going by what mt and vogans forecasts theres a great chance it will.
    Best bet is around 10 th of jan till 7 th of feb best shot for a big freeze.

Its gone negative in the Obs its just the forecasts have it going positive again , Although I agree with you , Im thinking around the 12/01/12 for our cold blast this season

Just an amateur assessment of what I am reading and seeing so take it with a massive pinch of salt.

There is a major announcement over on Netweather at 6pm , I wonder will they be announcing that winter will be arriving shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Hopefully it's good news. Keep us updated :)

• Advertisement

There Rainfall radar is now free and have updated there paid one with V6 what ever that is , nothing to see here folks move along .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There Rainfall radar is now free and have updated there paid one with V6 what ever that is , nothing to see here folks move along .
    Whose radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Netweather Radar i Believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah they've made their rainfall radar free to the public, the paid radar has been upgraded to show precipitation type, lightning etc

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah they've made their rainfall radar free to the public, the paid radar has been upgraded to show precipitation type, lightning etc

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

The paid for version always had this.. i thinks they just added a new finer version with better zoom options . Cant see a difference other than .

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

WolfeIRE wrote: »

:mad::mad:

RE: Met Office video

Great to see Stato from Fantasy Football has got a new job
    statto.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

well at least give us a nice sunny day on Christmas if wintry weather is too much to ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

The difference a year makes..

M.T's forecast for this day last year (20th Dec 2010)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69648716&postcount=1876

Met.ie forecast for the same:

185896.png

Screen grab of 5am reports that morning:
    185897.png

-14c at Ballyhaise, -12c at Claremorris & -11c at Mullingar!. One year later, we have drizzle, misht and temps between 7c & 11c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

*Sigh* I'm still hopeful we'll get an easterly/northeasterly blast in Jan or Feb (something like early Feb 09)
    We gotta keep the faith. It can't be mild all the time. A long way to go yet. Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

esposito wrote: »
    *Sigh* I'm still hopeful we'll get an easterly/northeasterly blast in Jan or Feb (something like early Feb 09)
    We gotta keep the faith. It can't be mild all the time. A long way to go yet. Exciting times ahead.

What's exciting? :eek::eek::D

Rtavn1441.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Rtavn1441.png

Ok. well there's nothing exciting about that, that's for sure!

Just sayin. there's still 2/3 of winter to come. Plenty of time :)

That map makes me almost want to vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Rtavn1441.png

What a horrible run couldnt get much worse than that, could take weeks to shift:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

What a horrible run couldnt get mush worse than that, could take weeks to shift:mad:
    Indeed

Thats a bartlett high if ever I saw one.
    The likes of that can meander around for a couple of months,rain,rain rain over us if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

blackius wrote: »
    Indeed

Thats a bartlett high if ever I saw one.
    The likes of that can meander around for a couple of months,rain,rain rain over us if it is.
    True. I fear the worst at this stage.

Rrea00119911225.gif

Rrea00119920125.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Oh look, it's still there!!:eek:

Rrea00119920220.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some real hair dryer stuff on the way, such a waste at this time of year:( - I suppose we're due a mild winter, I could stomach that if it was followed by a decent summer, some thing we are well over due!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Not exactly a "Bartlett" high (hate that nametag) but a fairly similar set up during the phenomenal wet spell during the 2nd half of Nov 2009:

185906.gif

Large, if flabby, high pressure systems over central and southern Europe steering in plenty of active fronts over Ireland. That'll do me again but can't see it happening this time around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement