Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Met Eireann is after updating the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

three times a day

Yeah reason they have to update so much is they are rubbish they couldent predict nout
    Shower of wasters gettin paid 60 grand a year to play cards at talk rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Yeah reason they have to update so much is they are rubbish they couldent predict nout

Thats really not called for !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Don't feed the snow visitors.

Once you establish proper grammar, then maybe you can have an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Not much snow ever comes from the Atlantic and whatever comes it is short lived and as wet as hell. As for Cork, it very, very rarely snows there...even when Dublin and the East of the countrywas buried under the stuff (over the past three winters)..Cork only got a sprinkle..it is too far south end of story

Ya we didn't get buried in Cork like they did in Dublin but we still had a couple of inches last year and some accumulations the two years previous too. We are definitely too far south for anything decent off the Atlantic but if the amount of cold air that's at the pole is let lose then we have the potential to see some nice wintry snow episodes just like the rest of the country. Albeit the North will obviously get it far better/worse all depending on if your a snow lover or not :D

Can anyone here who lives in Cavan, tell me if it's snowing there right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 captain Kane man

Do you think that Meath will get loads again?

Please stop being just a nusence and only post if you have something constructive to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Depends, what road do you live on and which way does your house face?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

kn2k10 wrote: »
    Can anyone here who lives in Cavan, tell me if it's snowing there right now?

Yes it is! snowing heavy but ground seems to be to warm for it to stay.

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Yes it is! snowing heavy but ground seems to be to warm for it to stay.

Thanks, is it heavy or light?

Once you establish proper grammar, then maybe you can have an opinion.

Dont be such a twat saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I'd say so but not for a while like around jan or feb.I doubt the east will see much if any sustained cold and snow til new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Thanks, is it heavy or light?

Well...he did say heavy... Just putting that out there.

Wasn't overly pleased with Piers Corbyns forecast, simply because it doesn't fit with my desire for snow. Bitterly cold out there at the moment. AO seems to be going negative but it's still a fair bit away from any sign of blocking...roll on January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭seanknowsall

Su Campu wrote: »
    Forum Monkey, you have asked that question about 10 times so far, and it's all I remember you asking last winter too. You are online very frequently, so you should be reading the threads, which go into good detail on when and where the snow probabilities lie. Take these details, then extrapolate to your location.

To everybody, please - we can't be answering all these "will it snow in my back garden" posts from everybody as it would take forever. Look at MT's daily forecast, it will give good detail. Discussion threads will do likewise.

Why is MT'S daily forecast considered by many users here to be the best forecast.... if you ask me it is always hyped up for dramatic effect... it was totally off for last January... it is statistically no better or worse than met eireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Right, one warning and one warning only - the next person the use personal insults will be banned for a week.

McRiot, your posts are difficult to follow most of the time. You know what you want to say, but it doesn't always come out clearly. Please take a minute to write in a more reader-friendly manner, and don't be afraid of the full stops and commas! :D

Right, one warning and one warning only - the next person the use personal insults will be banned for a week.

McRiot, your posts are difficult to follow most of the time. You know what you want to say, but it doesn't always come out clearly. Please take a minute to write in a more reader-friendly manner, and don't be afraid of the full stops and commas! :D

Ok No probs .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Why is MT'S daily forecast considered by many users here to be the best forecast.... if you ask me it is always hyped up for dramatic effect... it was totally off for last January... it is statistically no better or worse than met eireann.

The daily forecasts he was talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 captain Kane man

Ok No probs .

McRiot you have just been servvvved, now remember.......think before you write you good little boy, and don't forget your full stops, or you might get banned by 'the moderator' (fascist) and you wouldn't want that now would you? Just think you might actually go outside get a life, live in the real world, and not bend over and take it from the virtual law

Don't forget to say sorry now!!!!

• Advertisement

Caff Caff wrote: »
    Well...he did say heavy... Just putting that out there.

Wasn't overly pleased with Piers Corbyns forecast, simply because it doesn't fit with my desire for snow. Bitterly cold out there at the moment. AO seems to be going negative but it's still a fair bit away from any sign of blocking...roll on January!

how does it not fit with your desire for snow hes saying the month will be cold and snowy?
    does anyone know what hes forecasting for jan/feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

AO is very positive right now:http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao_index.html
    Shows how little i know about the weather because it's snowing outside now. Granted the ground is still relatively warm and it won't stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am beginning to wonder if we need a Winter thread where you have to have posted a certain number of times here in order to post. The amount of new & low count posters making stupid remarks is wasting time & space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

McRiot you have just been servvvved, now remember.......think before you write you good little boy, and don't forget your full stops, or you might get banned by 'the moderator' (fascist) and you wouldn't want that now would you? Just think you might actually go outside get a life, live in the real world, and not bend over and take it from the virtual law

Don't forget to say sorry now!!!!

Our Captain friend has been permabanned from this forum on this, his first day back from a 7-day ban for similar antics last week.

Discodog wrote: »
    I am beginning to wonder if we need a Winter thread where you have to have posted a certain number of times here in order to post. The amount of new & low count posters making stupid remarks is wasting time & space.

Please don't generalise and put all low count posters into the same bracket as some of us are on here solely to understand more about the weather and also because we have a keen interest in what's going on this winter! Having said that I do kinda see where your coming from, some posts have been stupid but not all from low counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Please don't generalise and put all low count posters into the same bracket as some of us are on here solely to understand more about the weather and also because we have a keen interest in what's going on this winter! Having said that I do kinda see where your coming from, some posts have been stupid but not all from low counters.

The problem is that every Winter the Mods here have to go on overtime because all the forecast threads, technical threads etc get saturated with "when will it snow comments" It also means that one of the regulars will post some important information that then gets lost in 3 pages of drivel.
    Maybe we need a subforum ?

Sorry for going off topic Su but we all remember what last year was like :)

all the people who are great posters now like tonynator,blizzard,su campu,beasterly,pistol petes, darkman, baraca, musicman, wolfire and naco libre and others all were new at one stage and all started off with low posts....not fair to not let new people post! They could be the weather gurus of the future!

The problem is that every Winter the Mods here have to go on overtime because all the forecast threads, technical threads etc get saturated with "when will it snow comments" It also means that one of the regulars will post some important information that then gets lost in 3 pages of drivel.

Fair point... Now back to the more important stuff .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Fair point... Now back to the more important stuff .. :)

Like when will it snow?

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

eyesquirm wrote: »
    Like when will it snow?

:D:D:D
    and will it snow in my garden?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement