Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Grad Program 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

They provide a dress code for a reason - if it says business casual then dont turn up in a suit. Dress smart but dont over dress, you'll only stand out for the wrong reasons

Usually I'd agree, but I did the experience day for Vodafone UK earlier this year and almost every fella there was in a suit, and talking to the interviewers/current grads they didn't really care at all.

If the Irish experience day is anything like the UK one it will be ultra competitive, the interview method is completely different from any other company I'd had interviews with and the group project is completely cut throat! In my group 4 of us worked well together while 2 others were dominating arséholes, one of those guys ended up getting the job.

That being said, they look after you very well during the day and it is fantastic experience for other interviews.

Also regarding the phone interview, it's pass/fail, with those that pass put forward for selection to the experience day.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

StudentXY wrote: »
    Oh ya poor thing, thats so early! Luckily I dont have to get up that early I am only going from Howth! Ya going from the country?

Yeah the place looks like an amazing opportunity would love to get the chance to work for them, loads of competition though don't want to get my hopes up I keep getting to the last stage of graduate programmes but don't actually get the job! It can get quite frustrating!

Yep coming up from mullingar, was going to drive up but with morning traffic and the fact that i'm only 75% sure how to get in to the company with the car, I'll leave the car in Maynooth and train it in and Luas it out!

54 (thought it was meant to be 55??) people for 20 positions is a bit tough but at least we made it this far :D

I hear ya, its so tough to get anything - I drove to Cork last week for a second round interview and they basically asked me the exact same questions as the first one. Total waste of my time and petrol!!
    delta720 wrote: »
    Usually I'd agree, but I did the experience day for Vodafone UK earlier this year and almost every fella there was in a suit, and talking to the interviewers/current grads they didn't really care at all.

If the Irish experience day is anything like the UK one it will be ultra competitive, the interview method is completely different from any other company I'd had interviews with and the group project is completely cut throat! In my group 4 of us worked well together while 2 others were dominating arséholes, one of those guys ended up getting the job.

That being said, they look after you very well during the day and it is fantastic experience for other interviews.

Also regarding the phone interview, it's pass/fail, with those that pass put forward for selection to the experience day.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease - I think I'll go with normal suit attire maybe minus a jacket.
    I'd say the experience days will be run similar as they are both run by the same recruitment company based in the UK

Did they leave much time between the experience days and the result??

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

When you did the UK one what did they ask you to do for the team assignment? I can imagine how competitive it will be, group work can be difficult enough as it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

tomister wrote: »

Thanks for putting my mind at ease - I think I'll go with normal suit attire maybe minus a jacket.
    I'd say the experience days will be run similar as they are both run by the same recruitment company based in the UK

Did they leave much time between the experience days and the result??

Those that got the job were called that evening, but they were told not to say anything until all the experience days were over.

Also YOU get to pick who interviews you! But I don't know if they'll do that over here, there was 30 people per day in the UK so maybe they'll just go one on one for Ireland.
    marxcoo wrote: »
    When you did the UK one what did they ask you to do for the team assignment? I can imagine how competitive it will be, group work can be difficult enough as it is!!

Come up with a new service targeted at young people, i.e. deals regarding downloading music/apps for a monthly fee, that kind of thing, also as everyone suspected there's a kicker half way through and then a presentation at the end and a grilling by the guys watching you the whole time.

Those that got the job were called that evening, but they were told not to say anything until all the experience days were over.

Also YOU get to pick who interviews you! But I don't know if they'll do that over here, there was 30 people per day in the UK so maybe they'll just go one on one for Ireland.

Come up with a new service targeted at young people, i.e. deals regarding downloading music/apps for a monthly fee, that kind of thing, also as everyone suspected there's a kicker half way through and then a presentation at the end and a grilling by the guys watching you the whole time.

well at least they don't make you wait :eek:

Thats actually not a bad challenge - I had a discussion about an idea with a customer care rep not too long ago!! Must put the thinking cap back on

Thanks for all your advice - really helps putting the mind at ease :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Haven't heard anything from them :(

Literally filled in my application, and since then nothing, so im gonna go out on a limb here and say I didn't even get medium-listed to the online test or anything :(

Really wonder what I put in my application that was so off-putting :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Perrin2040 wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything from them :(

Literally filled in my application, and since then nothing, so im gonna go out on a limb here and say I didn't even get medium-listed to the online test or anything :(

Really wonder what I put in my application that was so off-putting :confused:

When did you fill the application form? Did they send you a confirmation that you had filled it in? It's unusual that you haven't heard anything at all from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

marxcoo wrote: »
    When did you fill the application form? Did they send you a confirmation that you had filled it in? It's unusual that you haven't heard anything at all from them.

Filled it in about the 11th of June, never got a confirmation email. Bloody brilliant. Can't get through to them on the phone now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

Good luck to everyone with interviews today/tomorrow/Thursday :-) Nice to see so many of use commenting on this forum for the last few weeks got through :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 StudentXY

nervous about tomorrow eep! hope whoever has done it so far was happy with it! and good luck for everyone tomorrow! im certainly going to need it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

So, since the experience days are all over now, how'd everybody think they did? :-)

think it was a great experience! really enjoyed the day and the place/people were so nice! it really makes you want the job more! fingers crossed anyways im going to be glued to my phone for the next week ha!

Overall very happy with it. Enjoyed the day and learned loads!! A brilliant company and I hope I get to chance to work with them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rodgpodg

Couldn't complain now to be honest, they really sold the graduate programme well, the best 20 will deserve the position so fair play to everyone who gets an offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fakename4242

Hey guys, anybody hear anything yet?

I know they said within a week.. but I was expectin' it to be a bit sooner!

No I haven't heard anything back :( Has anyone else at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fakename4242

..still nothing from me anyway..

I noticed that, on the faqs section for the grad programme, they said that they give everybody feedback after they attend an experience day... maybe they're just preparing pages and pages of feedback for us :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offers were made last friday, PFO's are being sent out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mim90

Hi!

Just had the telephone interview with Vodafone. They have so many stages! I'm so freaked out I have to wait all weekend in agony to find out the results. Did any of you get the job??

How did you get on in the telephone interview? I thought it was a number of weeks before we heard back last year foloowing the phonecall, next up is the assessment centre tho and that' it so you're almost there

• Advertisement

rodgpodg wrote: »
    How did you get on in the telephone interview? I thought it was a number of weeks before we heard back last year foloowing the phonecall, next up is the assessment centre tho and that' it so you're almost there

I thought it went okay, though I think I sort of annoyed her at one stage when she asked me to give 1 example and I started yapping the second one to fill the awkward silence while she typed away! It might cost me!
    She said I will know if I passed it early next week. Fingers crossed!!
    Are you working with them now?

mim90 wrote: »
    I thought it went okay, though I think I sort of annoyed her at one stage when she asked me to give 1 example and I started yapping the second one to fill the awkward silence while she typed away! It might cost me!
    She said I will know if I passed it early next week. Fingers crossed!!
    Are you working with them now?

Telephone interviews are hard enough to gauge, although they don't phone a huge amount and last year they brought 60 to assessment so I'm sure you'll be ok, as long as there weren't whole mins of silence you should get through... No, I was offered a place but I turned it down for a different company that I wanted to work with even more

rodgpodg wrote: »
    Telephone interviews are hard enough to gauge, although they don't phone a huge amount and last year they brought 60 to assessment so I'm sure you'll be ok, as long as there weren't whole mins of silence you should get through... No, I was offered a place but I turned it down for a different company that I wanted to work with even more

Thanks a lot for your help. She told me at the start that she was going to record my answer to I figured I should pause to give her time to type away. That's great for you. Hope things worked out fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Hi Mim90, just wondering about the types of questions asked etc? Was it the usual competencies, teamwork, communication, leadership etc?

Hi Mim90, just wondering about the types of questions asked etc? Was it the usual competencies, teamwork, communication, leadership etc?

It was yea. Questions about innovation, challenges etc. They are very nice and understanding so its not so bad. Are you going to have one soon?

Advertisement