Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Grad Program 2011

Options
  • 16-06-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from the online test round for the Vodafone Grad Program? Or have I been quietly forgotten about... :-/

Almost 3 weeks ago they told me they'd let me know the 'next step' within a week... I'm feeling the brush off here...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 alrolo

Did you hear anything back? I just did the online test today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd reach out to them if I was you OP - but seeing as their still accepting tests there is a possibility it might take a while.
    Keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rodgpodg

Ya don't listen to that (in a week) crap, theyre pretty slow... Although I've done the telephone interview and been told I passed that too, granted I applied the first couple of days that the job went up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whoospiedaisy

Did the test last night n got email for the next round this morn. Rodgpodg...how is the phone interview? what kind of stuff do they ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rodgpodg

They ask you to go through your CV and a few competency based questions, team work, working to a deadline, own qualities; nothing too bad and it lasts about 30 mins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

Awesome Stuff everyone :-) Thanks for replying!

They finally gave me an email last week followed up by a call on Tuesday last arranging a phone interview for this coming Monday (tomorrow!).

The funny thing was they suggested the time of the interview for the exact same time as my driving test :-) After I told the woman I was speaking to I got a good laugh out of her at the coincidence and she happily rescheduled me for later in the day, had to wonder if she believed me though.... ;-)

I've been waiting for these 2 separate events for weeks/months now and all ya gotta do is laugh the way they ended up on the same day and almost the same time :-)

rodgpodg wrote: »
    They ask you to go through your CV and a few competency based questions, team work, working to a deadline, own qualities; nothing too bad and it lasts about 30 mins...

and thanks for the heads up! :-) Hope you do well in the next round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 StudentXY

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard if they got through the phone interview and into the experience day yet? I got through the phone interview but they said I'd know at the end of June if I got through to the experience day and it is getting close to the end :P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Anyone got any idea how many people get shortlisted for the experience day? Passed the phone interview but still waiting on word the experience day... suppose il hear tomorrow if their "end of june" promise is being kept.

from what the email said it is shortlisted to 55 people so hopefully we have a chance! yeah hopefully we will find out tomorrow if we got through to the next stage they have been really prompt so far with me so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

StudentXY wrote: »
    from what the email said it is shortlisted to 55 people so hopefully we have a chance! yeah hopefully we will find out tomorrow if we got through to the next stage they have been really prompt so far with me so fingers crossed!

The email seems to imply that there are 55 places for the experience day. But the shortlist could be much larger.

i really wouldnt know! but from the sounds of it most people who do the phone interview seem to pass this stage, so it could be quite a big number! fingers crossed hopefully we will find out tomorrow! did you find out you got through a while ago? i only found out yesterday.

I only found out today, my phone interview was on Monday. It didn't go too well and I expected to fail it tbh.

That's why I'm a little skeptical about whether or not "passing" the phone interview is any real indication of success.

It did up make me feel better tough :D There's always that.

yeah i get what you mean, i was thinking that maybe everyone passes the phone interview and then they decide from our app form, the phone interview transcript and our cv maybe! but yeah its definately a boost, i keep getting quite a bit in interviews but never get the offer soo i needed a boost! :)

Anyone heard anything yet if they got through to the experience day?

Nope! Nothing yet for me anyhow! Every time so far that they told me they'd be in contact by a certain amount of days/time/etc they were at least 2 days late, so not holding my breath that i'm gonna get an email by this afternoon...... it would be soooooo nice though!! :-)

yeah i get ya, hopefully we will hear from them on Monday! :) fingers crossed anyways! what areas are you guys hoping to get?

Sorry again for the message, but has anyone heard anything so far? Still nothing on my end! I am just a bit concerned because the experience day is next week and want to know! :)

Heard nothing yet myself, either. I'm choosing to believe it's a good sign because I know they do rejections first, from what i've watched of my friends getting them before I got through.

All together now: "Maybe tomorrow....?!" :-)

Oh thats good news! Hopefully we will find out tomorrow and its good news! Dying to know i hate waiting!!!

• Advertisement

Hey guys!

I got the email saying I am through to one of the Experience Days! Did anyone else get one? Wonder what is going to happen on the day, have no idea how to prepare for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Me too!! got an email this morning. Looking forward to it now - have to start my prep work!!

awesome! :) what day are you on? i wonder what it is going to entail! eep! haven't a clue really what to research ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

We have to research stuff?? :p I feel the terror building already!

awesome! :) what day are you on? i wonder what it is going to entail! eep! haven't a clue really what to research ha!

I'm going on Thursday so loads of time for prep work. Trying to write my thesis at the moment so the extra few days will be a god send!!

I'm not too pushed about the whole business casual attire - i'd nearly prefer to be suited up so I know what to expect from other candidates!!

Did anyone get a response when they confirmed their attendance. I got the bus schedule this afternoon but no confirmation to my confirmation!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Night_Prowler

They provide a dress code for a reason - if it says business casual then dont turn up in a suit. Dress smart but dont over dress, you'll only stand out for the wrong reasons

They provide a dress code for a reason - if it says business casual then dont turn up in a suit. Dress smart but dont over dress, you'll only stand out for the wrong reasons

I get the reasoning behind the dress code but it doesn't make it any easier on people - is your idea of business casual the same as theirs? Thankfully I've worked an a company where business casual was the day to day norm but one question:- tie or no tie??

In the company I used to work for it was a no tie business casual but is that the same everywhere??

Thanks for your help!!

tomister wrote: »
    I'm going on Thursday so loads of time for prep work. Trying to write my thesis at the moment so the extra few days will be a god send!!

I'm not too pushed about the whole business casual attire - i'd nearly prefer to be suited up so I know what to expect from other candidates!!

Did anyone get a response when they confirmed their attendance. I got the bus schedule this afternoon but no confirmation to my confirmation!?!

I am on Thursday as well, are you going in the morning? Yeah I have my suit that I have worn to all my interviews but now I don't know what to wear ha I know I am totally over thinking this ha!

Does anyone know how long the day is going to be?

I am on Thursday as well, are you going in the morning? Yeah I have my suit that I have worn to all my interviews but now I don't know what to wear ha I know I am totally over thinking this ha!

Does anyone know how long the day is going to be?

Yep nice bright and early start! have to be there by 8:15. Its a very early start for me - I'll have to be in the car at 5:30 to make the train. Looking forward to it though, have a strong interest in the company and the market as a whole so it would make an ideal career for me!

Have you far to travel?

• Advertisement

Oh ya poor thing, thats so early! Luckily I dont have to get up that early I am quite near. Ya going from the country?

Yeah the place looks like an amazing opportunity would love to get the chance to work for them, loads of competition though don't want to get my hopes up I keep getting to the last stage of graduate programmes but don't actually get the job! It can get quite frustrating!

Advertisement