Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Official htc gingerbread for Desire

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I guess they put sense in the washing machine at too high a temperature and it came out shrunk:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ste- wrote: »
    This is about the original Desire.
    The Desire S comes with gingerbread preinstalled.
    AHHHHHHHH...sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Jim wrote: »
    AHHHHHHHH...sweet :)
    This is literally what I said out loud as soon as I read tui0hcg post.
    Got some very strange looks from they guys at work, but sure feck it who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What a fúck up by HTC. Basically lying that their engineers can't sort out a Gingerbread sense rom, when there's about ten amateurs over on XDA who have done just that. I'm running Leedroid 3.07 with Gingerbread and Sense, if they really wanted to they could just take that and mod it a bit and then release it as an official update. The reason they were planning not to release it must be marketing, I can't think why else they'd do this. One of my friends recently got a Desire S, and another got the Sensation on launch day. It's the first time either of them have had an Android, so they were both obviously very impressed. I thought they were nice phones, but were very similar to my Desire, especially since I rooted it. This was obviously an attempt to put some daylight between the Desire and the later models, probably because the market is so saturated with Desires as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

latest news from HTC is

"to resolve Desire's memory issue and enable the upgrade to Gingerbread, we will cut select apps from the release. Look for status updates starting next week."

As others have said it is possible to run Sense and Gingerbread - XDA mods having done it - f%£k up by HTC and I believe down to trying to boost sales of newer model phones

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well at least theyve been embarrassed into sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Upstream

HTC have an update on their facebook page about this
    HTC UK
    Hi everyone. As some of you have seen already, we have more news about our build of Gingerbread for Desire. Our testing has gone well so we will begin rolling out the update by the end of July. Thank you again for your support.
    http://www.facebook.com/htcuk/posts/241035262592629

Advertisement