Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you go out with someone who doesn't drink?

Options
14567810»

Comments

No I couldn't. Drinking is too much a part of my social life, it just wouldn't work with a non drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

One of my best mates goes out with a non-drinker, and to be honest he manages to ruin pretty much every good night out. Whether its comments like 'dont you think you've had enough?' after two glasses of wine, or going to bed at 1am and making her feel guilty for staying up drinking, he's just a dry eejit. But then again, it probably has much more to do with personality than drinking habits.

On the other hand, one of the lads who goes out regularly with us doesnt drink at all and hes the life and soul most of the time-always good craic. It doesnt matter whether they drink or not, it depends on personality.

I could easily date a non drinker, I couldnt date somebody who looked down on me for having a bottle of wine after a week of work. Theres the difference!

Having your entire social life revolve around alcohol is equally as worrying btw! He might be good for you to expand your interests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I'd definitely go out with a non drinker! Assuming that they dont care that i drink a lot!

numerous benefits :
    1 - they can remind you of things that happen during a night out(assuming you didnt do anything too embarrassing!)

2 - cheap date!

3- might encourage you to drink less leading by example

yurt

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

i actually find the premise of this thread embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Noreen1 wrote: »
    You have a right to make that choice.
    However, others have an equal right to choose the opposite, without being viewed with suspicion.

No wonder we have a culture of binge drinking, if our youth are treated with suspicion because they choose not to drink.:mad::mad:

uhm he was quoting a song?:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement