Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards User's Bikes (Fleets) **No chat - please read mod note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Here's a reverse mirror of the reverse my space angle...

164530.jpg

A few points to make:

1) You can see even more reflective crap on the wheel rims which were from the Race Around Ireland. Ref. deleted post from El Tonto asking what the stuff on my cranks were. I have since trashed those wheels and got new rims. They were really worn down and I also popped a spoke on the rear wheel. It may have cost a few quid to get new rims and spokes but at least it saved me a job in removing that stuff, which as I mentioned in a deleted post, is a bollox to get off. Don't put this stuff on your bike if you ever plan to remove it.

2) As you can see, the sticker on the top tube near the seat post does not actually say "Your Ma". Sorry for disappointing you, Lukester. Ref. deleted post from Lukester asking what it said.

3) Saddle is tilted a bit far down for gentleman's reasons. That has been rectified and was just for the Gorey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭moggs1972

my fleet.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro.
    56cm frame
    Stock FSA bar and stem.
    Selle italia carbonio 125g saddle
    FSA K force 25 carbon post
    Ultegra shifters & rear mech
    105 front mech
    Shimano R600 brakes and chainset.
    Look keo carbon pedals
    pirranah carbon cages
    Mavic cosmic carbon wheels with planet x Ti skewers

Canyon Ultimate CF 8
    Fairly stock parts except,
    FSA K force 35 carbon post
    Selle italia 135 cabon saddle
    planet X carbon cages and Ti skewers
    cosmic carbons/ksyrium SL's depending on my mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chandira

I only saw this thread today, lolz, I'm a bit of a bike nut, got lots and lots in my shed, more of a hobby collecting than cycling, but lately starting to do projects with old frames, I'm not much of a mechanic..but with the help of a friend I hooked up some old bits and made this, wanting to get in on the whole fixie thing. It's so cool.

fixief.jpg

The pic was taken right after it was finished, it's not so clean now..a bike I actually want to ride!

I'll put up more pics when I get the chance, I have a proper fleet of bikes, lots of old frames, not stuff that anyone else might like but I'm a bit of a magpie.

Actually, anyone have any advice for how to fit those bars you lean on? I like the fixie, but it's very upright and in the wind it slows me down. I met a guy at the lights with some bars I think he called clipless??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

what model Canyon is that?

I'm gonna guess the Ultimate CF Pro ;)

Picture as required...
    164547.JPG

That's my CX bike. The brakes are brutal. I took it over the Sally Gap one day and nearly had kittens approaching some of the tigher bends. All the sparkly crap that you can see on the floor is the reflective stuff from the Cervelo. It has to be done in batches about a week apart cos my finger nails need time to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Those of you who read/replyed to my topic about upgrading my bike from a 2010 Trek 1.2 Alpha will know I was interested in changing to a Canyon. However, after much thinking and deliberation, I decided to go with a Trek instead, after getting a reasonably good deal on it.

Trek Madone 4.5, my now pride and joy :D

263104_243079652373230_100000135928462_1098576_1663063_n.jpg

Full carbon frame
    Shimano 105 gear
    Standard Wheels

Overall very pleased with it. Only got it on Friday but couldn't go anywhere with it because of the weather. Managed 80k on it today though so over-the-moon so far anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Here is my Baby :).

I bought the bike earlier this year and thanks to it, I discovered a new way of cycling enjoyment :).
    This is my first road bike and I never knew I will love it so much (I wish the good weather of the early spring stayed for longer). It is as good or better than I expected and I look forward to every kilometre in the saddle since I have got the bike.

Specification:

Frame: Super Six Carbon
    Fork: Cannondale Super Six Carbon with alloy drop outs
    Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival
    Shifters: SRAM Rival
    Chainset: FSA SL-K Light Carbon BB30 - Replaced with: Sram Red Limited Tour Edition BB30 39/53 170mm
    Chainrings: 39/53 tooth chainrings
    Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
    Cassette: SRAM PG-1070 12-26 tooth
    Chain: SRAM PC-1050
    Brakes: SRAM Rival
    Brake Levers: SRAM Rival
    Handlebars: FSA Wing Pro Compact 31.8mm
    Stem: FSA ST-OS-150 XT 31.8mm
    Headset: Cannondale Super Six with Carbon Top Cap
    Rims: Mavic Ksyrim Equipe
    Hubs: Mavic Ksyrim Equipe
    Spokes: Mavic Ksyrim Equipe
    Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo 700x23c
    Saddle: Fizik Arione with Magnesium rails
    Seatpost: Cannondale C2 UD Carbon 31.6mm
    Weight: 15.87lbs (7.2kg) Approx.

5498881045_814b1f2fa9_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

164760.jpg

Blast Ranger

Yes it's a €99 supermarket piece of crap. That said this is the bike that got me into cycling. I lived in town and it was great for commuting to work. However it was starting to fall apart. After having failed me one too many times (chain slipping off the gears) I asked work about the Cycle to Work scheme and that led me to the bike below.

164763.jpg

Cube Acid 2011

The first decent bike I ever owned and wow, it was such a step-up from the Blast Ranger. While still living in town I commuted with this. It was in one sense a bad purchase because I knew I was buying a house 35km away so a road bike would have made more sense. Regardless I have commuted 70km to and from work with this and it's great. I can hop off not feeling knackered.

It hasn't been changed in any way, I'll replace things if and when needed. The usual bits have been added such as decent front and rear lights, mud guard, cycle computer, a bottle cage and a pump.

164759.jpg

Giant Brass 2

I bought this for commuting short distances. I don't feel at all comfortable leaving the Cube locked up so I bought this from a fellow Boardsie to allow the Blast Ranger to slip away into retirement. According to his post a page or two back it isn't stock, he has changed some items. I've added mudguards and lights. It's a tough heavy auld thing but all it's being used for is some light commuting so it's perfect for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

164850.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

My new bike, Cinelli Proxima Trophy. Brought it out for the 1st spin tonight:)

165361.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

LOOK 595 bought from cycling forum adverts, wheels bought direct from Williams cycling:
    5674987089_bb9d6bcac1_z.jpg

Winter/ touring: Lidl bike from a couple of years ago. Wheels are Ultegra which I love.
    user210277_pic7841_1289950309.jpg

Get around town single speed, bought from chain reaction for peanuts. Gets me around town while looking funky, that's it's sole purpose:
    HPIM0527.jpg

Mountain bike, currently in aestivation until weather gets poor again. Bought from Super Freak.
    HPIM0522.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Squeeeeeee!!

21kj6l0.jpg
    Wilier Izoard XP, with Rival and a pair of Aksiums. Squeee!!! again. Going from steel to this is just, well, I don't know what. Soaks up rough roads, descends like it wants to eat up the corners.

Slightly post-squee, atop Howth today:
    smq5qv.jpg
    Nerd view:
    5lwkgk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

Boardman Team Carbon bought in Aug 2009. Its done about 5000km. All standard except I changed the saddle for a Fizik Antares and I swapped out the stem for a 110mm one. Also fitted a Garmin 500 computer which is a great bit of kit. When I was buying the bike I heard bad things about lose wheeel spokes but I never had a problem and they still run true.

Only ever had 2 punctures on it :). A combinaton of good luck and the Continental GP4000 tyres I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Surly Cross Check
    x8AYt.jpg
    DA Bar end shifters, 105 chainset, Tiagra FD + RD, Tektro CR-720 brakes, hub dynamo with B+M F/R lights, Brooks B17 saddle, Gatroskin tires, Time Allroad pedals. Bought ~3 years ago. Has not seen that many miles but has done the ROK a few times and a few other sportives. Very nice bike to ride, very comfortable for longer rides and can accomodate a wide ranger of tires. Has been mostly sitting in the shed for most of the last few months.

Surly Big Dummy
    Kk4IF.jpg
    0aJbA.jpg
    Nuvinci CVT Hub, Avid BB7 brakes, Hone spider with Blackburn S/S chainring, DMR chain tensioner, hub dynamo, Xtracycle longtail kit, Xtracycle kickstand, Fat Frank 2.35" tires, Brooks B17 saddle, DMR V8 pedals. Built this up about 2 years ago - try and use it once a week. It's a nice bike the ride. The fat tires give a lovely cushion and it's capable of carrying pretty much everything I throw at it. Sometimes I think I should have gone for a standard gearing setup and the Nuvinci is very tough and probably what is needed on a cargo bike.

Brompton M3L
    hDuQc.jpg
    m6NpJ.jpg
    U2xfV.jpg
    Standard Brompton 3 speed. Shown here with T bag. The best bike I have ever bought, bar none. The amount of freedom that it gives you is great. I've taken it on buses and trains, taken it into banks, post offices and shops and no-one prevents me from doing this. This is the bike that I now use the most and the one bike that I would keep without even a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I present you the Astra fleet starting with my gfs bike (ladies first.. etc..)

bike1-6173.jpg

A lovely Specialized Dolce with a mix of sora/tiagra. It's two years old and has seen less than 50kms; needs more loving!

bike2-6174.jpg

The commuting/cyclocross bike. This bike was originally Taxmans' but he sold it to another guy and I bought it from him in a like new condition. It's a great simple bike. I 've changed the saddle and the brakes from v-brakes to cantilevers and I am hoping to see a good xcross season this year.

bike3-6175.jpg

My Specialized Rockhopper MTB. I bought that second hand from a fella in adverts. It might be an entry level mtb but it's really nice and sturdy, I have changed the disk brakes to Avid Elixir 5 and hoping to get out more with it. It handles really well the trails but it's quite heavy.

bike4-6176.jpg

My first big love, the Planet-X SL Pro. Tiny helped me build this but has seen too many changes since then. Now it is with Record 11 and aluminum deda stem/bar. This bike has made me happy many times and I hope more to come.

bike5-6177.jpg

behind-6172.jpg

And the newest addition to the family and the greatest bike I have ever had. It's the new Planet-X Nanolight High Modulus with Super Record 11. I will start racing this bike from next week and see how fast I can break the carbon chainrings.

I wish I had more time to ride them, but I am doing my best!

You can see more pictures and individual weights of the components here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Now I have a fleet !

IMG_2317.jpg

Specialized Allez 16

Standard bike bar a set of Easton Aero wheels. The Alexrims that came with it went out of true very easily.

IMG_2374.jpg

Planet X SL Pro

SL Pro with SRAM Rival/Apex & Model B wheels. Haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet unfortunately. Plan will be to put the Easton's on the PX.

Geo looks a lot more aggressive on the PX in comparison to the Spesh, can't wait to get out on it.

IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Not much of a fleet :)

Carrera Gryphon.
    My wife's bike and occasional commuter.
    Mostly seen with various kids attached to it. I've been out on it a few times. Was expecting it to be horrible but in fact its not bad for shortish spins. She still won't let me put proper pedals on though.
    5911943968_4f96573469.jpg

Charge Plug.
    My commuter and first proper bike. Have swapped the chain around a few times. Flip flop hub which I ride with the freewheel having never gotten the hang of proper fixed riding (ie I keep falling off).
    Nearly 3 years old now. Heavy enough and I don't like the bullhorns anymore, but apart from that it's been a great bike. Have ridden it through hail, rain, wind and snow and every pothole in south Dublin. I know Charge bikes aren't everyones cup of tea but I really like them. Lack of drops means I'll probably get a Charge Juicer to replace it whenever I can afford to.
    5911384427_1bef1a1599.jpg

Planet X SL Pro Carbon Ultegra
    Bought in March of last year direct from PX. Rode it for the first year with SPD pedals, changed to Look Keo early this year. That's the only change I've made.
    I love this bike more than is healthy or normal.
    5911944048_d4d1ce59ec.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Peugeot Dolomites

5917965163_0736af548e_z.jpg

Fuji Track Classic, with some upgrades (Deda Pista bars, Ritchey stem, sella Saddle, Navigator Pista wheels)

5917964753_4a576894be_z.jpg

Bullitt

4840370601_ef625d00a8_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

First bicycle purchased since 1988, I'll see about getting the rest of the (vintage!) fleet up sometime soonish:
    166463.jpg

Frame/Fork: 58cm Stevens Xenon Custom Carbon
    Groupset: Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed
    Wheelset/Tyres: Pro-Lite Como Clincher/Kenda Kaliente
    Finishing Kit: Scorpo (Stevens' generic finishing kit)
    Bottle Cages: Pro-Lite
    Computer: Cateye Strada Double Wireless
    Pedals: Look Keo Classic

All lovingly assembled and commissioned by the lads at FitzCycles.
    BIG thanks to them! :D

I pushed the boat out a fair bit (by my standards!) on the frame/fork/groupset, and went for more... erm... 'economically viable' choices on the finishing kit and wheels/tyres. In due course, I'm sure I won't be able to resist throwing money at them too. :D

In the meantime, I'm thrilled and delighted with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Giant TCR T-Mobile Carbon
    Bought the frame a couple of months ago, got her built up this week.

Ultegra Groupset
    Mavic Aksium Wheels with Conti 4000 tyres
    3T Bars & Stem
    Giant Carbon Seatpost

168736.JPG

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

My wee beastie, i know she/he's fairly cheap and not too up to date but its mine all mine and I love it!

beakpic0026.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

this is probably my favourite thread here so want to keep it going...

First off is my ancient Dawes Edge mtb..circa 1999 or so..

dawes1.jpg
    a%3E%20at%202011-07-16a%3E%20at%202011-07-16

nothing too much to say about it really, nice bombproof steel frame and she has served me well :)

Felt an urge to get into road cycling so bought myself this Giant Rapid 2 in May of this year

dscf4004o.jpg

Really nice bike , but like many before me it seems, after buying it I decided what I really wanted/needed was a proper road bike so last week got a2010 Boardman Team Carbon second hand, in mint condition.

boardmanteamcarbon.jpg

Loving the bike so far, just need to get a second matching water bottle and upgrade the saddle, which is a bit crap..I'm thinking a yellow one..

I was originally planning to sell the Dawes and the Giant but I'm liking having a fleet for once, and three different frame materials at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Winter bike - Giant Defy 4 with Mavic Aksium wheels:

IMG_0262.jpg

My PX with recently purchased second hand Cosmic Carbone SL Wheelset (thanks to jdt101):

px.jpg

PXDUG.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

My new Trek Madone 5.9 SSLx

Frame: 2006 Madone SSlx (bought brand new in May 2011 from US - OCLV55 Carbon/Boron)
    Wheels: Easton EC90 Carbon Clinchers
    Grouppo: SRAM Red Limited Tour Edition
    Pedals: Look Keo Blade Titanium
    Saddle/Post: Fizik Airone/Ritchey Pro Carbon seatpost
    Stem: Ritchey WCS Carbon
    Bars: Ritchey WCS Carbon

Weight without pedals - about 6.9kg

Built by the nice folk down in Cycle Superstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

my fleet in no particular order:

Boardman team carbon. picked this up second hand yesterday. Going to use it as a winter/commuter bike.

teamcarbon.jpg

Boardman pro carbon. Have this about a year and really enjoy riding it.

DSC_0035.jpg

Decathlon rock rider mountain bike, for getting nice n dirty during the winter. Most parts have been upgraded. This year will probably see new wheels and brakes.

IMG_0423.jpg

1992 Reynolds 531 frame, painted up. I bought this in 1992, and have had it ever since. Good reliable work horse.

photo2.jpg

Harry quinn - donated by a boardsie - 531 frame with modern running gear. Its all built up now, and is a lovely bike to ride.

100_0051-1.jpg

Wifes giant (which, ironically is extra small)

IMG_0421.jpg

wifes other bike - decathlon something. Actually quite nice to ride.

IMG_0422.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

My first roadbike and my first bike since I was 12 :)
    Disastrous customer service from wiggle means I'm still waiting on proper pedals and shoes. But I finally have it.

DSC01395.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The new winter "hack". I haven't even been out on it yet so for the moment it's still my favourite.

5pI4n.jpg

2010 Cannondale CAAD 9 with 105 and a compact FSA Gossamer chainset. It came with Shimano RS10 wheels which are now in the hands of RT66 ;) I've put Aksium wheels on with Michelin Pro 3 Grip tyres - both were Cyclesuperstore Wednesday Deal purchases.

It arrived without a bolt on the seatclamp :( so I've ordered a new seatclamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Just built this up. Ordered from HongFu.
    Ultegra 6700 groupset.
    50mm carbon clinchers.
    Love it.

picture.php?albumid=1829&pictureid=10474

picture.php?albumid=1829&pictureid=10475

picture.php?albumid=1829&pictureid=10476

Why can't I upload images from Picasa onto this using insert image?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Claude Butler Regent. I use this bike for everything, all my everyday needs, touring and going for spins.

44AABA1ED25E437D8A1BAB6C89548257-0000333298-0002515257-01024L-F5334D2DA1FA47799132984A82B31709.jpg

Claude Butler Polo Bike from 1930/1940s.

B338FF2EBB5E4086BEF6E183DE2900C7-0000333298-0002515256-01024L-A930661A690F4D6BB174F75FB725EF12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

6064835857_f1e13466fd_b.jpg

My Focus Cayo with kinda old school Cosmic Carbones. Have another two bikes, one is in storage at my folks house and my 1996 trek hack is filthy, too filthy for this forum ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Our newest addition...(apologies for the picture size - I don't know how to resize it in boards!)

No fancy additions to it yet or maybe indeed ever, save for a computer at some point, as it will be ridden for a sum total of two weeks a year! Oh, I did change it from a triple to a 53/39 and juiced up the tyres a bit and lower the headset. The sportif style frame is super super comfy and has amazed me when compared to my own more racier style bike at home.

The link below might be a better way to view the picture.

Edit: This was a birthday present from the lovely wife and her parents :)

173536.jpg

Advertisement